Long Live the Car Crash Hearts

Maybe She Isn't so Bad

Dad walked out the door and a woman got out of the car.

"Frankie who do you think that is?" I asked. He looked out the window.

"He probably has a new girlfriend." He said like it was nothing. I didn't want him to have a new girlfriend. How could he ever move on from mom. Mom was the best person that was ever on this earth. Dad and the mysterious woman came back into the house.

"Guys I would like you to meet Marrilynn shes my new girlfriend." At that moment I wanted to beat the crap out of something. I handed little Frank to Frankie and left the room. I walked up the stairs and found my way to my old room. I opened the door and went to sit on my bed. I sat there just thinking how could he do that to mom.

"Can I come in?" I looked up to see Frankie standing at the door. I nodded. He came in and sat next to me on my old bed. "I know its hard but you've got to understand that people have to move on." He said.

"I know but I just miss mom so much and being back here made so many memories with her come back. Then dad brought her in and it just hit home." I said. I let a tear slip down my cheek. Frankie wiped it away and hugged me.

"I know it hurt me too but please lets just make the best of this trip." He said as he pulled away from the hug.

"Yeah mom would want us to." I said. We got up and walked downstairs. I saw Marrilyn playing with little Frank on the floor and dad just sitting on the floor.

"Sorry for running out I just needed a moment," I said. "I'm Hannah." I said extending my hand to Marrilyn. She took it.

"I guess you already know who I am." She said, I smiled and pulled my hand away.

"And I'm Frank." My brother said.

"Well hello to both of you." She said smiling. Maybe this lady isn't so bad.