Status: complete.

Honey

“You've spent your whole life running and running, trying to catch up with something that has never been there for you. And all you've done is go farther and farther away from the precious love that's been waiting for you all the time.”

[Completely re-written version of a Frerard story that was previously posted.]
  1. December 10, 2008 (Tuesday)
    When Frank reached the front of the store he stopped dead in his tracks. It wasn't Josh who was standing at the counter, it was some new guy he didn't recognize.
  2. December 10, 2008 (Tuesday)
    Frank simply went along with everything the dark haired man from the convenient store suggested because, in all reality, he was never good at planning. Frank just wanted it be four o'clock on a Saturday at the Coffee Bean.
  3. December 11, 2008 (Wednesday)
    The uncertainty of it [love] all made him anxious. He wanted something solid; something that didn't make him feel like he would float away with the next cool breeze that passed him by.
  4. December 14, 2008 (Saturday)
    It was then that he noticed how good looking Gerard actually was. The shape of his face, his eyes, the natural pout of his lips. It was absolute perfection, in Frank's opinion.
  5. December 23, 2008 (Monday)
    Eliza grinned and engulfed Frank in a hug. She kissed the top of his head and then his cheek. "Things will work out for you, Frank," she said. "But in the meantime, I hear my mom made you a pan of vegetarian lasagna."
  6. December 23, 2008 (Monday)
    Gerard nodded, tying the handles of the bag into a perfect bow. He wrapped his arms around Frank, enveloping him into a hug. Frank noticed that his hugs felt like Eliza's... only a little different. They weren't completely platonic.
  7. December 23, 2008 (Monday)
    He left bits and pieces out, like the gift he'd gotten for Gerard and the way Gerard's hugs had a way of making his insides turn to jelly...
  8. December 27, 2008 (Thursday)
    It was strange for Gerard, feeling all these different things towards Frank. Usually, he met guys and hung around for a while until he grew bored. But with Frank, things were different. He wanted Frank to like him.
  9. December 31, 2008 (Monday)
    With wide eyes, Frank stared up at Gerard as he slipped the green bracelet onto Frank's wrist. "Don't worry about it," Gerard said, allowing their hands to slip
  10. December 31, 2008 (Monday)
    For a moment, he thought Frank was going to kiss him; and he was right. But, at the last minute, Frank lost his nerve and let his hand fall back to his side, his fingers ghosting over Gerar
  11. January 2, 2009 (Wednesday)
    Frank sighed, deciding that he liked Gerard even more than he'd previously thought. "Okay then," he said. "Lets count stars."
  12. January 12, 2009 (Saturday)
    "You're ***ing yourself over, Frank," she said. "Gerard is a great guy and you're ***ing yourself over."
  13. January 13, 2009 (Sunday)
    When he looked back at his ex-boyfriend he found it hard to ignore what his gut was telling him. "I love you too, Josh," he said. "But I don't think that's enough anymore."
  14. January 13, 2009 (Sunday)
    Frank kissed Gerard, taking the time to appreciate the taste of Double-mint Gum and cigarettes. When he pulled away his fingers were tangled in the dark locks of Gerard's hair. "Yours."
  15. February 2, 2009 (Saturday)
    He'd always loved the taste of mint toothpaste and coffee that somehow managed to stay within Frank's mouth. He'd loved it since the first time he'd planted a kiss of Frank's lips. And even then he could taste it and it felt like the first time.
  16. February 14, 2009 (Thursday)
    When he was with Josh, Valentines Day was nice but it had never been like this. She thought it was beautiful thing, seeing Frank this happy with someone who was equally as happy with him, if not more so. [Part I]
  17. February 14, 2009 (Thursday)
    "I love it, you know. But if you want me to be honest, you could have brought yourself and yourself alone and I would have been happy today." [Part II]
  18. February 14, 2009 (Thursday)
    "I know, Gee. You did say that, but I can see it in your eyes that you're disappointed. I can tell that I killed you a little bit just now." [Part III]
  19. February 14, 2009 (Thursday)
    "And now he's back..." Eliza finished. "And you don't know what to do." [Part IV]
  20. February 25, 2009 (Saturday)
    It was more than just a meeting of lips; it felt more like an answer. It felt like it was supposed to be that way all along.
  21. Epilogue
    This was the way things were supposed to be and no way else. Things didn't happen differently because they weren't supposed to. Gerard was all he needed.