Status: complete.

Honey

Epilogue

It was a long time before Frank saw Josh again. He hadn't even thought about him all that much since everything with Gerard had been squared away. Frank was happy. He felt everything in his life was the way it was supposed to be.

"How do you feel about the movies this weekend?" Eliza asked one day as their work day came to a close.

Frank shrugged. "I don't know. I'll ask Gerard about it."

Eliza grinned, resting her elbows on the front counter. Her head fell into the palm of her hands as she continued to smile. Soon, Frank became uncomfortable with the rather happy stare he was receiving from his best friend and he cleared his throat as he averted his eyes.

"What are you looking at me like that for?" He asked.

Eliza laughed lightly to herself. "You're just... you're so happy, Frankie," she said. "I've never seen you so happy."

Frank laughed a little as well. "Yeah, I guess I am. I mean... Gerard makes me happy."

Eliza nodded. "Well, I'm glad. As him about the movies for me? You both can go or... you know, you and I can go too if Mikey decides he doesn't wanna go."

Frank smiled and threw an arm over Eliza's shoulders. "You wanna hang out with me this weekend?" He inquired. "Is that what this is about?"

"No!" Eliza replied, shrugging Frank's arm off of her shoulders. She stood in front of the counter for a few minutes before walking around to the other side of it and opening the register so she could busy herself with the money she had already counted up for the day. "I mean... well, yeah, but it's not like I'm desperate or anything." She looked up at Frank. "I just miss us hanging out a little is all."

Frank chuckled. "You could have just said something. I mean, me and Gerard aren't joined at the hip or anything. We still have our own friends."

Eliza smiled. "Okay then. You me and the movies on Sunday?"

Frank nodded. "Yeah. Sounds like a plan. Now, not to go against what I just said or anything, but... I gotta meet Gerard in a few minutes. We're supposed to get dinner tonight."

Eliza only shook her head and waved her friend off. "Go on, lover boy."

Frank gave her a quick hug over the counter before rushing out the door, the bell jingling over his head as the door swung open and shut. He wasn't even half way down the street before he bumped into someone who just so happened to be on their way over to the small convenient store.

"Oh! Sorry, man... I'm in a hurry," Frank said, stopping dead in his tracks. "Are you okay?"

The stranger looked up, immediately recognizing Frank. "Hey..." he said. "I was just on my way to see you."

"Josh..." Frank said, rubbing the back of his neck. "Hey..."

He'd never actually thought about what he would do or say if he ever saw Josh again. After what happened the last time, Frank had assumed all communication and friendship with his ex was pretty much over. But, here Josh was, standing right in front of him in broad daylight. Frank had to admit that he looked good. He found himself wondering what his life would be like if things had, somehow, happened differently. Would he be half as happy as he was with Gerard? Would he be happier? He wondered if he and Josh really could have worked things out.

"How are you?" Josh asked.

Frank nodded. "Good, actually. I'm really good. How about you?" He glanced behind him, checking to see if, by any chance, Gerard was nearby. He wasn't too far from the comic book shop and he knew Gerard would be getting off work any minute.

"Great. I mean I'm... I can't say I'm the best I've ever been, but I'm pretty good considering the circumstances."

Frank cocked his head to the side. "Circumstances?"

He knew he shouldn't be standing here having a conversation with Josh. It was nice to be polite and to say hello, but he was putting himself back out there. He was making things out to seem as if everything was okay between them when it clearly wasn't.

"I miss you, Frankie," Josh said, just as Frank had expected him to.

It was like a repeat of their last conversation. The only difference was the location and Frank's frame of mind.

"Josh..." Frank ran a hand through his hair, sighing. He was just about to respond when he heard his name being called from behind.

"Frankie?"

He turned around and saw Gerard, a confused expression on his face. Immediately, all question was thrown out the window. This was the way things were supposed to be and no way else. Things didn't happen differently because they weren't supposed to. Gerard was all he needed. Gerard made him laugh and smile and enjoy life. Gerard had shown Frank exactly what love was supposed to look and feel like.

"Josh," Frank said, motioning for his boyfriend to join them. "This is my boyfriend, Gerard. I told you about him the last time I saw you, remember?"

Gerard forced a smile once he realized who Frank had been talking to. "Hey."

Josh nodded. "Hi."

The three of them stood in silence for a few moments. The only sounds that could be heard were those coming from cars and the odd passerby.

"Hey, Gee?" Frank said. "Do you mind if I talk to Josh for just a few seconds? I won't be long."

Gerard nodded, glancing quickly toward Josh. "Yeah. We're still good for dinner though, right?"

"Yeah," Frank replied, getting on his tip toes so he could kiss Gerard's cheek."

As soon as his boyfriend was gone, Frank turned back to Josh.

"You guys are happy, huh?" Josh asked.

Frank nodded. "Yeah. We are."

Josh looked toward oncoming traffic. "Well, I guess I have no choice to be happy for you..."

Frank shrugged. "That's up to you."

"Do you love him?"

"Yeah," Frank answered, without hesitation. "I do."

Josh nodded. "I guess that's that , then."

Frank mimicked the gesture and pointed toward Gerard. "I gotta go, okay? I don't want to keep him waiting for me."

He said a quick goodbye to Josh for what he knew to be the last time. There really was nothing left to say between the two. Whatever relationship they had was over and it was time that they both completely moved on with their lives.

"You okay?" Gerard asked, lacing his fingers with Frank's once he was close enough.

Frank nodded, a grin spreading across his lips. He pressed a quick kiss to Gerard's lips, confirming that this was where he was supposed to be. "I'm perfect," he said. "Everything is perfect."
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah... so this took way too long and, for that, I apologize.
This is the end of the road, though, and I hop you all enjoyed the ride even though there were quite a few pit stops, haha.
I just want to say I really do appreciate all the comments and all of the words of encouragement. As we all know, this took a long ass time to complete and I really don't think I would have had the energy or the will power to finish this without all of the, you know... motivation.

So yeah, I appreciate you all and I hope you enjoyed reading this. :) Thanks, you all. <3