Status: complete.

Honey

December 23, 2008 (Monday)

Frank sat on the floor in his bedroom staring at the empty suitcase that had been placed at the foot of his twin sized bed. He hated packing; it took too much time and planning. Too many questions popped into his mind. What would the weather be like? If the weather channel said it would rain, how sure were they? Did he really need to bring movies? What about his laptop? Eliza's mother had a computer, but would the Internet be working?

Too many questions that he wouldn't be able to answer.

Frank sighed, his head dropping into his clammy palms. He muttered a string of words his mother wouldn't have approved of and went back to staring at the suitcase. Pushing himself up off of the carpet he walked over to his dresser and pulled out a pair of jeans. He didn't bother with folding them, and just threw them into the suitcase. They'd more than likely be removed a few minutes later.

Frank was just about to decide on a shirt when his doorbell rang. It was only four-thirty, so Eliza wouldn't be here just yet. Unless she had known Frank would be having a suitcase dilemma -- which she probably did -- and decided to show up early.

"Liz!" Frank called out as he crossed the bedroom and walked out into the living room. "You know you weren't supposed to be here until five."

When he reached the door he rubbed his hand on his jeans and twisted the knob. "I can't believe you don't trust me enough to--"

Frank cut himself short when he saw Gerard standing in the doorway. In his hands he held a neatly wrapped box with a bright red bow on the top. The wrapping paper had little snowmen scattered all over.

"Hey," Gerard said. "I hope you don't mind me stopping by. I asked Eliza for your address because I kind of wanted to surprise you."

Frank ran a hand through his hair. "Oh," he mumbled. "I uh... wow. That's very nice of you to stop by."

Gerard chuckled at Frank's nerves causing the younger of the pair to look up at him with confused eyes. Gerard only laughed a little harder and handed him the gift. "You can't open it until Christmas," he instructed.

Frank sighed and looked down at the present. Gerard had taken the time to wrap it so neat and he even put a bow on the top. When he looked a little closer, Frank noticed the "To/From" card next to the bow.

To: Frank
From: Santa


Frank laughed, looking up at Gerard. "Santa, eh?" He asked. Gerard only smiled. "That's cute."

Gerard shrugged. "I figured you'd appreciate it."

"Oh! Come in for a minute!" Frank replied, pulling Gerard into his apartment and closing the door. He placed the present on the couch and ran into his bedroom. "I felt bad because you told me you got me a present and I didn't get you anything!" He shouted as he searched the room for the shopping bag he'd brought home hours earlier.

"You didn't have to get me anything," Gerard answered.

Frank found the bag hiding under the bed and returned to the living room with it behind his back. "Well, I did. I mean... it's not wrapped or anything, and I didn't put a little Santa card on it, but you know... I can't wrap presents anyways. It never works out."

Gerard smiled softly. "I'm sure you'd do fine."

"Well, that's beside the point. You told me you were an artist and all, and I wanted to get you something you'd use. So, I went to the store after work and got you this."

Frank handed over the small plastic bag. "You can't open it until Christmas though."

Gerard nodded, tying the handles of the bag into a perfect bow. He wrapped his arms around Frank, enveloping him into a hug. Frank noticed that his hugs felt like Eliza's... only a little different. They weren't completely platonic.

"Thanks," Gerard whispered. "I know I'll love it."

Frank grinned, glancing over at his snowman wrapped present. "Me too. I already love my gift and I haven't even opened it."

Gerard released Frank and held him at arms length for a few moments. "Well, I have to get going. My brother and I are going to my parent's for Christmas and Mikey hates being late so... you know."

"I understand. Eliza's the same way," Frank replied, as Gerard started toward the front door. Frank followed, giving Gerard a quick, one armed hug before he stepped outside.

"So," Gerard said, as he stood out in the hallway. "I'll see you around?"

Frank nodded. "Yeah. Sometime after Christmas."

Gerard grinned, the plastic bag Frank had given him hanging from his right hand. He glanced down, trying to figure out what was inside by looking through the plastic.

"You aren't going to see anything. I wrapped your gift up in computer paper," Frank said, laughing.

Gerard joined in before looking down at his watch. "I really have to get going or Mikey is going to freak out. I just wanted you to have that for Christmas, you know? It's always better opening all your gifts at one time."

Frank nodded. "Yeah. Thanks."

"Alright then. I'll see your around."

Frank watched as Gerard started down the hallway. "Yeah. I'll call you or something."

Gerard turned around, walking backwards toward the elevator. He waved, a smirk playing across his face. "Or something."
♠ ♠ ♠
I love that song from Requiem for a Dream.