Status: Active

Slytherin's Mistake

Home Isn't Where the Heart Is

If I could only count the number of times that I had stayed awake all night, waiting for Draco's
owl... I shook my head. It was at least 2 a.m, and I was slowly falling asleep. I kept waiting to here the familiar peck on my window, but it hadn't come. Grabbing my wand off the nightstand, I lit the room. I sat up in bed, leaning back against the headboard.

Lazily, I gazed around my room. I wasn't in the mood to read, after all, there was only so much muggle idealistics I could take. I didn't want to swim, even though it was stuffy in my room. Restlessly, I grabbed my iPod and stuck the tiny headphones into either of my ears. I stayed like that for a while, flipping through songs, and such, but I just couldn't focus. My cat, Razz, snuggled beside me, asleep.

Sighing, I crossed over to the window, looking across the sky. The stars twinkled at me, as if they knew something I didn't. A familiar sight made me smile happily.

"Catterwaul!" I sang affectionately. He hooted at me, and lightly nipped my fingers. I ran my hand softly over his feathers. I removed the letter from his leg, and he hooted his thanks again. He flew to his hanging cage, and nibbled on his owl pellets, contentedly. I ripped open the letter, and scanned it hungrily.

"Calm yourself, Myra.
It took me a while to get your letter; I have been out on business with my parents. Did they really say you could come?! Thank Merlin, I was dying of boredom. We can go check out the new brooms they have; I want the team to be in top condition, since I am captain. I can't wait to see you. Are you sure you're alright? Well, I'd better go. Your bloody owl is trying to peck off my hand.
-Draco"

Smiling, I sat back and re-read his letter. I could read his worry and excitement in his letter. I knew him like the back of my hand. I missed him. I sighed. Oh, how I missed him.

_________________

"Myra!"

I groaned and rolled over.

"MYRA!"

I muttered, "Bloody hell," shouting, "I'M COMING!"

I threw on jeans and a t-shirt hurriedly, and ran down the stairs. Patricia stood at the muggle stove, looking frustrated. She brushed her hair out of her face, and I knew I was in for it.

"It's 1 o'clock!"- "I know." -"You can't just waste your time sleeping"- "I know." -"If you want to go to the Malfoy's, you have to do your chores!" - "I know."

Glaring at me, she poured the eggs onto the skillet. "You spent half the summer at the Weasley's, come home for a week and a half, and you're already pestering me about leaving again. What am I going to do with you? You're so self centered."

I gritted my teeth, and fought back a response. I just stared at her. She huffed angrily, and waved me away. I stomped into the sitting room. My cousin gave me a sympathetic glance. I mouthed, She's such a BITCH. Sheila nodded understandingly. Sheila was a year older than me, and closer to me than most anyone, the exception being Draco, and Hermione. She was 5'8, with long dirty blonde hair, big blue eyes, and a slight weight problem. No one ever really paid attention to it, though, because she was startlingly pretty.

We both understood why we wanted out. Her mother was the naggiest person you would ever meet. Rarely in a good mood, and a perfectionist, she terrorized us. Sheila began talking into the telephone again, and I settled in front of the tv. Sheila's father, my uncle, was a wizard, but Patricia wasn't. She was just stubborn enough to make us all live a muggle lifestyle, because she didn't have our powers.
I cursed, wishing I hadn't forgotten my wand upstairs.

"Just 3 more days, Just 3 more days."