Status: Active

Slytherin's Mistake

Temper, Temper

I squeezed my eyes shut, sure that this was a bad dream.

"Well, well," Snape said sinisterly. "Mr. Malfoy's girlfriend sneaking back to the Slytherin common room after hours with none other than Harry Potter. I wonder what he would think. But, of course, he knows where you are, surely?" I only continued to stare at the carpet, biting the skin off of my bottom lip. "It seems not. Then, I'm sure, you would not be opposed to me waking him. Follow me."

I was cursing Snape to the fate of a Dementor's Kiss by the time we reached the stone wall of the Slytherin common room.

"Potter, stand over there. You mustn't hear the password. Birnbaum, wait over there with him." Snape ordered, with a tight merciless smile.

When he said the password, and entered, I covered my hands over my face. "Damnit. Not only is Draco going to be so jealous, I'm going to get detention, and Snape is never going to let this go."

"If Draco were more understanding, he wouldn't have to be jealous." Harry said waspishly.

"If you had just let me walk back by myself, this never would have happened!" I growled.

The wall slid back, with Snape leading a furious looking Draco.

"...Most suspicious circumstances, I must tell you. Would you like to suggest their punishment?"

Draco glared at Harry with such malice, I shrank back. "100 points from Gryffindor, detention every Saturday for a month, and..." his gaze lowered to me, and his sneer lessened ever so slightly. "A month's confinement to the Slytherin common room, with the exception of meals and quidditch practice."

My jaw dropped. "You've got to be kidding!"

Snape sneered. "I would have made it worse. I suggest you go back to your room. Now."

I raised my chin high, and hissed the password. "Merus."

Stomping through the common room, I reached my room and slammed the door hard. Razz startled and looked at me with wide eyes. I blinked back tears, and threw myself on the bed, stroking his fur. What an arse, I though angrily.

My door opened and slammed again.

"What- the- HELL, Myra!" he bellowed.

"Just shut up, Draco." I hissed.

"If I had known you were sneaking off to see Potter, I would not have just agreed to wait for you to come back!"

"I wasn't sneaking off to see Harry! I was talking to Ron and him about Hermione's birthday!" I yelled, tears sparkling in my eyes.

"Likely story." he sneered.

"It's the truth, you prat!" I stood up, and glared at him.

He blinked, taken aback. Narrowing his eyes, he continued harshly. "Then why did he come back with you, if you went by yourself?"

"He insisted. I went under a disillusionment charm, and would have gladly came back under one, but he wanted to walk me back. Do you want to do Finite Incantatem to check my spells? Do you really have that little faith in me?!" I exclaimed, tears rolling down my cheeks. I sat down on the bed heavily, wiping at my face bitterly.

"Maybe if you would prove you were trustworthy, I'd have more faith in you!" he continued relentlessly.

I gritted my teeth together, before responding. "What the bloody hell exactly is it that I've done, Draco? Harry and I have been friends for just as long as you and I have!"

"But I am your goddamm fiancee!" he thundered, and I shrank back. "I will not have you gallivanting with Potter behind my back! If you've been friends with him for so long, and that's the ONLY thing between you two, why didn't you tell me?! He fancies you, and I am not going to sit back while he tries to take you away from me!"

"It all comes back to the same effing thing! You don't have any faith in me! Otherwise it wouldn't MATTER if I didn't tell you! You don't trust me, and you're so fucking insecure about me leaving you for him, you're going to start a row! Well, here's a tip, Draco, pushing me away isn't going to keep me here." I spat, before putting my head in my hands.

Draco swore angrily, and I heard a large boom. I startled and looked up, before gasping. His hand was mangled from punching the wall, and a bone stuck out viciously, a shocking contrast with the blood seeping down his arm. Jumping to my feet, I rushed over to his side with my wand at hand.

"Sweetheart, I think you need the hospital wing." I said in a hushed tone, gently taking his hand in mine.

"I'm fine." he said through clenched teeth. "Just say 'Episkey'."

"Are- are you sur-"

"Just do it." Draco growled.

I nodded, and concentrated hard. "Episkey."

The bone wove its way back under his skin, and the tissue in his hand began to sew itself back together, as if by invisible seams. I waited for it to stop, until I tenderly pressed it to my lips, whispering, "I'm so sorry."

He sighed. "It isn't your fault, love. It's my temper issue."

"You wouldn't have had to lose your temper if I hadn't caused you to." I retorted, pressing my forehead to his palm.

"It's fine." he insisted softly, lifting my face up.

"You just broke your hand because of me, and it's fine?!" I asked, my voice becoming slightly hysterical, as I wiped away frantic tears with my free hand.

He led me over to the bed, and we sat down. "Myra, I didn't break my hand because of you. It's not like you put your wand up to my head and made me do it."

"Might as well have." I grumbled.

"Hush," he scolded, before sighing once more. "I shouldn't have gotten so... I don't even know. But, I just..."

"Shhhhh." I murmured, and he rested his head on my shoulder.

"I love you, Myra. I just... I couldn't stand the thought of you with him, or me driving you away. It makes me crazy sometimes." he lifted his head and stared into my eyes desperately. The apology was screaming from his eyes.

My whole body softened, and I rested my forehead to his. I knew how it felt, and I'm sure I would have behaved the same way. How could I fault him for trying to keep me, when I knew I would do anything to keep him? I couldn't. It was a double standard, if I did. I caressed the back of his neck softly, staring into his eyes. "I know, Draco."

"I can't believe I made you cry." he suddenly said, pulling back and wiping at my face quickly.

"It isn't the first time." I reminded quietly.

"It should have been." he said darkly.

"Well, you can make up for it." I murmured.

"That I can." he admitted, pulling me gently closer. "May I?"

"Please do." I whispered, before he pressed his lips to mine.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is shorter than my normal chapters, but it is very important.

Comments and Subscriptions are MUCH welcomed. :)