Status: Active

Slytherin's Mistake

Family History

The grandfather clock ticked conspiciously loud as Draco and I awaited the arrival of his parents, and whoever else they brought with them. The sitting room wouldn't have been my first choice, but I hadn't made the choice, had I?

My wand was in the pocket of my dressrobes, even though I knew death was a sooner option if I thought I could fight off Death Eaters. Draco put his hand on my knee, and I placed my hand ontop of it and squeezed. We had already discussed Occlumency; if Bellatrix or Snape showed, we couldn't afford anything to be revealed.

The ominous chimes of 12 o'clock caused me to jump.

I looked at him, fear showing in my eyes. If they were to find out he wasn't loyal....

"Shhh, love. Concentrate on us. Concentrate." He smiled at me, but he was too nervous for it to soothe.

Three resounding cracks filled the air, and our faces became composed masks. I had to keep the negativity off my face as I saw Bellatrix with them. I kept the smile on my face, and kept my mind protected. I hadn't actually met her in person, though I had most definitely recognized her from all the newspapers.

Her dress robes hung off of her; she was still extremely thin and gaunt from Azkaban. Her beauty was still there, but very hard to see. I wondered about what she thought of that, but she was probably too deranged to care.

"Cissy, you have company." Bellatrix raised an eyebrow at me.

"Oh, yes, I forgot; Forgive me, Bella," Narcissa apologized, smiling at me, "This is Myra Birnbaum. Draco's...." she trailed off at the sight of his hand on me knee. I blushed deeply.

"Girlfriend, Mother." Draco rolled his eyes. "Like you haven't been hoping for this."

"Yes, I have actually. You've finally picked the right girl."

Lucius stared at us with an unfathomable look in his eyes. He had never liked me. What I had done, I had no idea.

"Yes. It seems so." He said slowly.

Bellatrix's amusion seemed to grow every second. "And how long have you been here?"

"Since yesterday." I replied.

"Hmmm." She tapped her long finger against her face. "Birnbaum... where have I heard that name...?"

"Sylvia Birnbaum. That was her mother. Her father is Thaddeus Alexander." Lucius replied, giving Bellatrix a meaningful look that honestly scared me. I had no idea what that look meant. Draco's hand tightened on my knee.

"You do look like your mother. A great deal." Bellatrix said lazily. "How did she die, again?"

I swallowed before replying, "I don't know. It seemed to be a natural death."

Narcissa interjected. "Let's not talk of such things, Bella."

Bellatrix twirled her wand, looking down at it. "Curious was all."

Narcissa nodded quickly, before turning back to us. "Dinner is at 8."

They three left the room quickly, and that was when I let my frightened tears fall. Draco wiped them away, but they kept coming.

"Draco," I whispered, shaking, "What do they know that I don't?"

_________________

"Tact, Bellatrix!" Lucius snarled, as they walked to the parlor. She flipped her hair over her shoulder, with a malicious gleem in her eye.

"The silly girl has no idea who she is, or anything at all." Bellatrix said, delightedly.

"She is not silly." Narcissa replied sharply. "That poor girl has been through everything, and she has a future she has no idea of."

"Ignorant, then." Bellatrix dismissed, waving her hand.

"The Dark Lord was immensely pleased when I had discovered who she was. He was even more pleased with Draco for finding her." Lucius told them, smirking.

Narcissa and Bellatrix sat next to each other at the long mahogany table across from Lucius, and looked at him pointedly.

He gave a short sigh. "Do you not know?"

"Obviously!" Bellatrix retorted.

He seemed unaffected. "Then I shall explain..."

"Who is she to the Dark Lord?" Narcissa inquired, her own eyes betrayed fear and love for the girl who she thought of as her daughter.

"You both know about the Dark Lord's parents, correct?" They nodded. "Well, you must remember the girl his father was involved with before Merope bewitched him with a love potion do you not?"

The two sat and thought hard. Narcissa, with her eyebrows furrowed, slowly began. "Cecilia?"

"Correct. And would you not believe that she was a witch?" Lucius raised his eyebrows at them, and Bellatrix shook her head.

"That's impossible-"

"Is it, Bellatrix?"

They sat in stunned silence. He smoothly began again, his gray eyes lit with excitement. "Cecilia was Tom Riddle Sr.'s lover. He knew naught, for she was smart enought to keep it hidden. When he ran away with The Dark Lord's mother, she, too, found she was with child. A girl named Priscilla-" he paused. "Birnbaum."

"What?!" The two sisters gasped, taking this in. Bellatrix recovered before Narcissa. "How would the name have stayed in the family?"

"None of the girls took their husband's married names. Cecilia made sure of it."

"Do you mean..." Narcissa began, too shocked to finish.

"Yes. Myra Birnbaum is The Dark Lord's great niece. She has the gift of Salazar Slytherin, does she not? Was he not known for parsel tonuge?"

Narcissa spoke quietly, "What does the Dark Lord want with her?"

"He assumes that she has a extensive amount of power that she isn't aware of. She has already displayed parsel mouth talent, Occlumency, Charms, Transfiguration, and in Defense Against the Dark Arts, she was one not to be crossed when dueling. He wants to get to know her, and make her own of his followers."

Bellatrix smirked, "Like she wouldn't to marry Draco?"

Lucius nodded. "Draco has not been told to seduce her, for they have been falling towards that way for years. The Dark Lord knew it would happen, so he let it happen naturally."

Narcissa narrowed her eyes. "Then what is your reasoning for not liking her?"

His lips pursed. "Her mother was a known blood traitor. Do you not remember when she dated Sirius Black? Had he not gone to Azkaban, she would have been his daughter, not Thaddeus'. Her death really is a common natural death, Bellatrix, I saw the look of suspicion on your face. The Dark Lord did not order her death."

Narcissa spoke. "When is she going to learn all of this?"

"As soon as Draco proposes. Which, he will." Lucius answered.

Falling into a silence, they did not hear quiet footsteps walking away from the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments would be nice. :D?

I'm sorry I'm so slow on updating. I've been lacking inspiration.

Music helps.

Keep reading. :)