Status: Active

The Only Exception

Chapter Thirty: Watching You Shine Bright

Zac's POV
"Now, Rebecca Farro, Natasha's best friend"
I squeezed her hand before she walked up to the podium, her face was stained with tears.
"There was no one in this world like Tash, she was the kindest, sweetest, funniest person you'd ever meet. Even if she was a little crazy sometimes, she was always there for me, whether it'd be at 2 o'clock in the morning or in the afternoon. Tash was my inspiration and my rock, she will always be the sister I never I had. She saved my life. We should all live lives that she would be proud of. Love you Tash"
She walked back and threw herself in my arms. I had been holding her like this pretty much for the last two weeks since Tash died.
"Now, for Josh Farro and Hayley Williams, they'll be singing one of Tash's favourite songs"
Hayley stood behind the microphone, for all the years that I had known her, I had never seen her more serious, or concerned for that matter.
"For the short while we knew her, it was the best time I've ever had. I also have Tash to thank for bringing the love of my life back to me. So here goes, this is for Tash"
"So this is how it goes
Well I, I would have never known
And if it ends today
I'll still say that you shine brighter than anyone

Now I think we're taking this too far
Don't you know that it's not this hard?
Well it's not this hard
But if you take what's your's and I take mine
Must we go there?
Please not this time. No, not this time.

Well this is not your fault
But if I'm without you
Then I will feel so small
And if you have to go
Always know that you shine brighter than anyone does.

Now I think we're taking this too far
Don't you know that it's not this hard?
Well it's not this hard
But if you take what's your's and I take mine
Must we go there?
Please not this time. No, not this time.

If you run away now,
Will you come back around?
And of you ran away,
I'd still wave goodbye
Watching you shine bright.

Now I think we're taking this too far
Don't you know that it's not this hard?
Well it's not this hard
But if you take what's your's and I take mine
Must we go there?
Please not this time. No, not this time.

I'll wave goodbye
Watching you shine bright
(You shine bright, you shine bright)
I'll wave goodbye tonight."
We all watched as the photo's of Tash flashed across the screen above us. There were a lot of her Becca. I could feel her breaking beneath me. The poor girl was hanging on by a thread.
**2 Years On**
"Hey Zac! Can you grab Tasha's things?" Becca yelled from the other room. She was getting our daughter ready for Hayley and Josh's wedding. Which we would be late for if we did not leave very soon.
"Sure, I've got her bag" I slung it over my shoulder. Becca walked in, holding our tiny baby in her arms.
"She wants her daddy" She said, grinning.
"Of course she does, I'm just that lovable" I teased. She rolled her eyes before kissing me softly.
"You are though Zac, you helped me believe in love again, so thank you" She kissed me again. Today was the one day that we could not hire a baby sitter and stay in our bedroom all day. My big brother was getting married.
"Your welcome, I love you" She handed me Tasha, who fit perfectly in my arms. She was such a happy baby. She was a lot like the Tash she was named after.
"I love you too, now lets go. Josh needs you standing there beside him or he's gonna freak out" She said, shooing me out the door. I laughed.
"Are you kidding me? Josh has been waiting to marry Hayley since he was sixteen years old, he's not gonna run away now"
No one was running away, the past made us who we were. So why not live with it and move on. Life was going to be hard, but I had the most beautiful girls to enjoy it with.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow, did you expect the ending? I know it was bitter-sweet, but I think it came out pretty well. Comments would be appreciated. Thank you Aly for all your comments!! xD

- Kristal <3