Status: Transfer from my Quizilla account is complete

The Way It Played Out

Chapter 12

As time passed, I was almost normal again. I was smiling and laughing more, I was back to pranking and sketching, even photography. I’d missed this.
“Hey, My, Fall Out Boy is going on tour with The Academy Is... and Panic!. We just found out today.” Pete said, walking into my bedroom. As usual, I was sketching on my bed.
I glanced up at him. I really hoped this didn’t mean I needed a babysitter. “Ok.”
“You wanna come as our merch girl?” Pete asked.
I grinned crookedly, looking forward to being on the road. I loved waking up in a new city, seeing everything and just moving. “You know it.”
Once we hit the road, life was good. Ryan and Brendon were ecstatic to see me again, and said they’d stopped talking to TAI temporarily because they’d abandoned me. I honestly loved those two nutcases.
The shows were all great, and Vicky and I kept in touch via webcam again. She apologized for loosing touch with me in the first place- Gabe had broken her webcam during an exceptionally enthusiastic game of ‘Duck, Duck, Goose’. I was getting along with the merch girls, and was on alright terms with Nova.
One night, Pete and I were kicking back, relaxing after a show, watching the crazy antics of everyone else.
“It sucks, the way she took over.” Pete nodded at Nova. I was a little surprised, since he avoided the subject, but I rolled with it.
“Yeah, I’ve been replaced pretty well. Comic relief, bestie, merch girl, fuck buddy-” I stopped short, really hoping those words hadn’t come out of my mouth.
Pete was staring at me, slack jawed. “You and Bill?” He gaped. “The two of you?” Pete shook his head, shocked and possibly slightly amused. “You’re the last people I would expect to have-”
“Shut up, Pete.” I said, glancing over at our friends, who obviously hadn’t heard a word. “Nobody knows. We’re the only two people. Well, now you, Bill, and I, but still. Never say another word about this. I so did not say that to you.” I was freaked that word would get out.
“Y’know, I figured something happened between the two of you.” Pete replied quietly, staring absentmindedly at out crazy friends.
“It didn’t mean anything.” I informed him.
“Know what? You’re not the last person I’d expect to have a fuck buddy.” Pete said a moment later.
“Really? Who, then?” I asked.
“Patrick.” Pete grinned crookedly, and I just laughed.
Tour was going by quickly again, too fast, almost. There were only a few dates left, and Bden and Ryan had decided to spend as much time with me as possible.
“We’re teaching you how to surf.” Brendon informed me as I walked off Fall Out Boy’s bus one morning in California.
“Ok.” I grinned at him and turned on my heel, marching up the bus steps to change. I wore guy board shorts, but the only surfer shirt I had was short sleeved. Oh well, they’d have to find out sooner or later.
I was escorted to the beach by Ryan and Bden, where we found Joe and Bill building a sandcastle together, and Sisky and Andy boogie boarding.
I waved happily, careful to keep my left arm out of sight. I was always trying to pretend it wasn’t there.
The three of us waded out into the water, where I was given a crash course on surfing.
Ryan and Bden had me practice getting up on the board while they held it steady, so I could get a feel for it. I almost fell, but Bden caught my hand, steadying me. I saw his and Ryan’s eyes trace the scars along my arm.
Ryan’s mouth was slightly open in shock as he stared at the lines, but Bden just looked up at me and gave me a sad look. I dropped his gaze, gently pulling my hand out of his, but he took it back and Ryan held my other hand.
I glanced up at them, guilty and ashamed, but they just hugged me. I smiled and hugged them back, glad to have great friends.
It wasn’t long before the guys had me surfing, and it wasn’t much longer before we were on the road again, headed home.
||And when the sky is falling, don't look outside the window. Step back and hear I'm calling. Give up, don't take the fast road.||
♠ ♠ ♠
[Unrelated note again]
So, I was educating my mom (playing My Chemical Romance songs for her), and she liked 'I'm Not Okay (I Promise)' and 'Helena (So Long & Goodnight)'... so I showed her the videos.
My mom is absolutely terrified of Gerard Way, she thinks he's really scary looking.
I, on the other hand, adore him. XD
My dad and brother have been on a WW2 obsession, so I showed them the video for 'The Ghost of You'. They enjoyed it :)