Status: Transfer from my Quizilla account is complete

The Way It Played Out

Chapter 7

“Why don’t you guys go on a date? That’ll keep the paparazzi bust for a while.” Ryan suggested.
“Why not?” Bill agreed, then he grinned at me. “Would my wife like to go out sometime?”
I rolled my eyes. “Dweeb. And sure.”

Not long after, I was going out to eat with Bill. I’d been video chatting with Vicky T, and she’d been giving me advice on what to wear. I’d had to call her and tell her everything, because I had to make this believable.
“It’s not even a real date!” She laughed.
“It has to look like one!” I worried, going through my bag. Then I remembered- I’d brought my little, cute black dress in case I’d met someone ‘fancy-date-worthy’ while on tour.
“Got it!” I grinned, then darted off camera to change.
“Let’s see it!” Vicky called.
“Just a sec!” I laughed, putting the last touches on my eyeliner and slipping on my strappy, black Stilettos. Then I ruffled my hair for good measure and stepped back in front of the camera.
“Hey, Gabe.” I grinned, seeing him standing behind my friend. Vicky whipped around and immediately had to cover her mouth, trying to muffle her laughter.
Gabe’s jaw had dropped and he stared at me, his eyes sliding up and down my body onscreen.
“It’s a live video feed, you idiot! She can see you!” Vicky laughed, shaking with mirth.

Gabe’s eyes snapped to the camera and I waved at him, snickering. “Very nice, Gabe.”
“Sorry, but you’re hot.” He grinned, making me laugh.
“Thanks.” I said, then noticed Vicky was motioning for me to twirl, so I did.
“That is the cutest, backless, black dress I have ever seen.” Vicky informed me, taking in the way it hugged my form down to just past my hips, then the skirt flared slightly, with black lace puffing it and poking out slightly from under the hem.
I blushed, smiling. “Thanks.”
“Why’s she so dressed up, anyway?” Gabe asked.
“Date with her husband.” Vicky replied flippantly, knowing Gabe hadn’t heard about Bill and I yet.
“WHAT!?!” Gabe yelped, completely shocked.
“Who- When- Why weren’t we there?!”
I giggled. “Sorry, Bill and I kept it very ‘hush hush’.” I quoted, flashing my ring in front of the camera.
Gabe just blinked, his mouth slightly open.
“What… the… fuck?”
“Vicky, fill him in?” I requested.
“Of course, sweetie. You go have some good, fake fun.” She winked, already turning to Gabe with the air of someone explaining Santa Claus to a child.
“Thanks, see ya later!” I grinned.
“I want fake details!” Vicky laughed.
I hopped off the bus, which the guys had vacated in fear of a girl picking an outfit, and wandered over to the Fall Out Boy bus, where they’d been getting Bill ready. It was a team effort for guys, too, apparently.
I knocked on the door, and Mike’s muffled voice shouted something about ‘two more minutes’.
I waited patiently, starting to wonder if my dress was ok. It only came to my knees, and had a lower cut than my usual conservative dresses. Not only was it backless, but it was strapless. It was the padded kind you were supposed to wear braless, so I did, but that made me nervous- I was terrified of wardrobe malfunctions.
“’K, it’s good.” Mike said, the door swinging open, then he froze, staring at me.
“Hey Mike.” I grinned at him.
“Holy shit! Guys, guys, look at this!” Mike yelled suddenly, grabbing my wrist and towing me up the bus stairs at a pace that my stilettos made breakneck.
Mike stood me at the front of the bus and all the guys looked, as ordered. I blushed as jaws dropped and they did double takes. Joe even fell off his chair.
I didn’t see Pete or Bill anywhere, but the curtain to the bunk area was closed.
“Look at wha-? oh. Whoa.” Pete said, sticking his head out of the curtain and catching sight of me.
“What is it with guys and staring?” I asked, uncomfortable. “Should I wear something else?”
“No!” Yelled several guys, then everyone looked in different directions, except for Pete, who stayed calm.
“No, you look beautiful the way you are.” He grinned at me. “Now, may I present your ‘husband’?” He shoved back the curtain, revealing Bill in black, flared dress pants, and a white, flowy dress shirt with a black vest. His white bandana was tied around his left knee, and his hair was slightly less messy than usual.
Bill smiled when he saw me, his eyes on my face. He didn’t check me out like every other guy on the bus had.
Then he seemed to wake up and grinned, his eyes sliding up and down my body.
“Trying to impress me?” He teased.
“I don’t have to try.” I tossed my hair, making him laugh.
We left for our date, walking hand in hand to a small restaurant, talking easily the whole way. That was what I loved about Bill; I could talk to him about anything, anytime, and he knew the same was true for me. Even when we didn’t talk, the silence was easy, familiar.
We had a wonderful dinner by candlelight, outside in the summer air on the patio as soft music played. After we ate, Bill got up and danced with me, slowly swaying and spinning to the gentle music. He was incredibly sweet, resting his forehead against mine and staring into my eyes, smiling.
We left the restaurant, once again hand in hand, and flirted as we walked back to the buses where our friends were waiting to torture us.
I was alone on the TAI bus, the guys having once again fled so I could get out of my dress and makeup- I had no idea why the thought scared them so much, but it was just as well, because I was talking to Vicky again.
“Vicky, I think that fake date was the best of my life.” I said, half amused, half sad about my pathetic lovelife.
“Amaya, tell me everything!” Vicky whined. She’d been patient while I changed out of my dress, chattering about what was going on with Cobra as I stayed just out of sight of the camera, but now that I was just washing off my makeup, she wanted to know everything.
“Oh, Vicky, he took me to the cutest restaurant, and we had dinner outside by candlelight, and we danced, and he was so sweet.” I sighed, then gave Vicky a look. “Why can’t I find a real boyfriend like this?”
“Just date Bill for real. You’re already ‘married’.” Vicky suggested wickedly.
“But… it’s Bill.” I argued, scrunching up my face. “I’ve known him forever. I think it’d be weird. And what if we got awkward? I would hate that.” I sighed. “I have to admit, he fills the requirements for my dream guy, but… I don’t know if I could actually date him.” I looked at Vicky sadly.
“I think I know what you mean.” Vicky said slowly. “He’s absolutely perfect, but you’re not sure if you could fall in love with him. And you don’t want to risk your friendship on the small chance you do fall for him.”
“Exactly.” I confirmed, our sullen expressions mirroring each others on the computer screen.
||I’m not like them, I won’t buy in||