Status: Updates once a week.

See No Evil

Redhead Walking

August 20, 2010 11:13 AM

I stared at myself in the mirror, my new red hair complimenting my tan skin. I sighed looking back down at the case in my hands that held the green contacts that I was supposed to put in. I couldn’t do it though. I wasn’t squeamish about a lot, but coming in contact with my eyes, or anyone else’s, is one of them. I turned on my heel heading out of the bathroom, heading straight to the BAU bullpen.

“I can’t do this.” I cried out walking through the bullpen making Justin roll his eyes.

“Here.” He held out his hands for me to hand him the contacts making me stop in front of him.

“Uh-uh, I don’t trust you.” I pulled the case closer to my chest.

“C’mon, Alloway.” Craig said grabbing the case from my hands. He sat me down in a chair, tilting my head up to look at him.

“Don’t poke my eyes out.” I pleaded, staring him in the eyes.

“I’m not going to poke your eyes out, Lauren.” He said getting out one of the contacts. “Don’t move.” He breathed out coming closer to my face. His thumb and pointer finger keeping my eyelid open as he placed the film on my eye. I blinked rapidly once he moved back, my eyes tearing up a bit. “Ready?” He asked getting the other one out when I nodded my head. He did the same thing to the other one, smiling a bit when he straightened up.

“Good?” I asked standing up.

“Good. Now we just need to get you dressed and ready.” He said leading me back into the meeting room where Aaron, Spencer, Justin, David and Parker were. “She’s ready.”

“Okay, now take off your shirt.” Justin grinned making Spencer choke on his coffee.

“I’m not that easy.” I rolled my eyes removing my button up walking over to the microphone. “Where are we putting it?”

“We haven’t decided that yet.” Parker said walking up to me with some clothes. “But I have picked out an outfit for you.”

“You are the only man I know who could say that with as much excitement as you just did.” I smiled taking the pieces of clothing from his arms. Parker had picked out a black tank top to go over the one I already had on, a dark blue frayed skirt with a few holes in it, knee length socks, black combat boots and my leather jacket I had left at his place a few weeks ago. “My jacket!” I smiled hugging it.

“I don’t even want to know why it was at Parker’s place.” Justin joked with a grin on his face.

“Because his place is closer then my place and I was really tired so I just stayed at his apartment.” Justin could turn anything into something perverted. He reminded me a lot of my brother, maybe that’s why we hit it off in college.

I pulled on the black shirt over my white one, some of the white showing. “So, how am I doing this?”

“Relax and walk up to him, ask him if he has anything he could sell you.” Aaron said turning away from the board, looking at me. I pulled the skirt on over my pants, unbuttoning the jeans from the top of my skirt, shimming out of them.

“You’ve had enough time with druggies to know how they act.” Justin said sipping his coffee.

“No, I dealt with sober druggies. Most of the time.” I kicked my jeans away before leaning on the table to pull on the socks. “So my role is a desperate druggie?” I asked hopping off the table.

“His fantasy is for you to succumb to him, do whatever he wants you to.” David said looking at some files, giving me the dummy version.

“Okay.” I shrugged nonchalantly. I knew I would be lying to myself if I said I wasn’t nervous or worried. This guy has killed seven girls so far and I really didn’t want to be the eighth. But all I had to do was agree and do everything he said. I stood up after lacing up the boots. “When am I heading out?”

“In an hour.” Aaron answered looking at me again. I smiled to myself, I could deal with him looking at me all the time. I pulled the jacket on picking up the small microphone putting it in an inside pocket. It’d be muffled a little but you’d still be able to understand what we were saying.

“Okay.” I smiled wide before letting out the breath I didn’t even know I was holding in.

______________________________________________

August 20, 2010 12:00 PM

“Okay Lauren, do everything he wants, agree with him, try not to put yourself in a more dangerous situation then this already is.” Craig rambled.

“Craig,” I said placing my hands on his shoulders, “I have done this before. Believe it or not.”

“Yeah, but they don’t always end good, kid.” He smiled a little at me.

“Just trust me. I’m a big girl, I can take care of myself.”

“I know you can.” I wrapped my arms around his neck looking out the window to the bullpen where everyone else was. “Just be careful.” He whispered before kissing my cheek. “Promise.”

“Promise.” I repeated before pulling away from him, walking out to the bullpen. “So do you guys have a speech prepared for me too?” I asked my team laughing a bit.

“Yeah, try not to get shot. We all know how hard that is for you, but try not to.” Sam smiled.

“Okay, I’ll try my best.” I laughed.

“Thanks for doing this.” Aaron said from beside me.

“No problem, it’s my job.” I winked.

“Okay, so there is a tracking device in the microphone so I will know where you are at any time. If you get into any trouble just say something and we’ll be on it like grease on chicken okay?” Penelope rushed out hugging me tightly around my waist.

“You’re worse then they are.” I hugged her back. I know I should’ve felt good that I had this many people worrying about me but I had always been a cynic. My mind always thought that if anything ever happened to me it’d effect them all. I sighed pulling away from her.

“By the way, Lauren, you look good.” She smiled.

“Thanks.” I grinned looking back over at Craig. “Same thing that I tell you every time. Just promise me again?” I smiled a little.

“I promise, Lauren. She’ll be taken care of, Luke will make sure of it too.” I nodded before crossing my arms over my chest.

“Ready?” Aaron asked.

“Can you give me just a minute?” I asked pulling out my cell phone as he nodded. “Hello, this is Miss Alloway, Amelia Alloway’s mom, she’s in Mrs. Ames fifth grade class, can I speak with Amelia please?” I asked before she patched me through. I turned around, leaning on Spencer’s desk again. “Hi Hannah, it’s Lauren, can I talk to Mia for a second please?”

“Sure thing, hun.” Mrs. Ames said calling Mia over to the phone.

“Mom?” She asked enthusiastically.

“Hey, baby.” I smiled.

“You’re not coming home tonight are you?” Her voice changed dramatically when she realized what I was calling for.

“No, not tonight. But that means that you and Uncle Luke get to eat ice cream for dinner until your stomach hurts.”

“Really!?”

“What I don’t see, I don’t know. But you have to do two things for me in return.”

“What?”

“You have to be very good for Uncle Luke and you can’t stay up past ten.”

“Mom,” she whined on the other end.

“Don’t ‘mom’ me, it’s a school night young missy and you can tell Uncle Luke that he better make sure you’re in bed or I’ll sick Penny on him.” I smiled over at Penelope who smiled back.

“Is Aunt Penelope going to come home with you?” She asked, the excitement back in her voice.

“Maybe, honey. I’ve gotta now, okay?”

“Okay. I love you.”

“I love you, too.” I smiled again before flipping the phone shut. “She wants you to come over.”

“Of course. I am the most awesome.” Penelope laughed a little.

“You’re just gonna have to con Spencer to come over with you because if you come over without the good Doc she will disown your ass.” I laughed looking at Reid.

“You ready now, kid?” Craig asked.

“Yeah.” I grabbed up my messenger bag, handing my credentials to him. “If Luke calls, tell him what you can so he isn’t worried.” I fished my keys out of my bag walking towards the big glass double doors.

______________________________________________

August 20, 2010 12:38 PM

I pulled up to a curb a few streets away from where they knew Darrel, the unsub, would be. I tapped my fingers a few times on the steering wheel, so maybe I wasn’t as ready as I thought I was.

“Testing, testing, one, two, three.” I mumbled. “Why didn’t we do this before I left the freaking building? Okay, you have ten seconds to call me if this thing isn’t working. How are you guys even going to know if it’s not working. Okay, just call me and tell me if it’s working.” I finished, my head laying on the steering wheel. My phone started ringing a few seconds later.

“Yes, hon, we read you loud and clear.” Penelope laughed.

“Just making sure.” I breathed out.

“You okay?” I knew she was worried and she wanted an honest answer, but I also knew I was on speaker phone.

“Yep, peachy keen jelly bean.”

“If you say so.” She knew I was lying, she always knew when I lied to her. “Oh, the good Doc here informed me of something that we need to talk about when you get back.”

“There’s nothing to tell.” I wanted to know how she got it out of Spencer what I said about Aaron.

“Sure. We’ll still be talking, doll. Penelope out.” She disconnected the phone call and I climbed out of the car, my messenger bag in my hand. I pulled it over my shoulder and head as I started to walk to the building Darrel would be at. My heart started to race a little, yes I was nervous, okay maybe scared, but you really couldn’t blame me.

The last time I went undercover I was shot. It didn’t mess with anything important or vital, but I was in the hospital for a while, just for observation. Mostly because Craig made a big deal about it. The only part that I really hated was that Mia had to see me there. I hated when I brought my work home with me, but more times then less it happened. Either a bruise or a cut and she would always freak out that I was hurt.

I sighed a little as I got closer to the building, my palms sweaty and my hair started to stick to my forehead. It was a rather hot day out and I was very thankful that I had taken a shower this morning, even though it might’ve been better if I hadn’t. I recognized the guy standing outside the run down apartment building from the picture they had shown me of Darrel. I breathed out a little, still making my way to the tanned, muscular man.

“Hey.” My mouth opened up without me even consenting to it. My voice was shaky and nervous sounding, I would try to play it up a bit. Darrel turned his head, scanning me up and down, his mouth pulling into a smirk.

“Hello there.” His voice was rough and gravely, it reminded me of Craig’s. I shivered slightly, pulling my arms closer to my body. “What can I do for you?”

I leaned in closer to him, his aftershave assaulting my nose. “I heard you were the guy to talk to if I wanted some blow.”

“Sure thing sweet cheeks. Why don’t you come on inside and I’ll hook you up.” His smirk never faltering.

“I don’t know.” I pulled back a little. Do what he says Lauren, Craig’s voice shouted in my mind.

“Come on,” he grabbed my elbow pushing me a little towards the door, “I promise I’ll behave.” Something in his voice told me that he wasn’t going to keep his word.
♠ ♠ ♠
I was going to totally re-write this story, that's why it took me so long to update, but my sister-in-law knocked some sense into me before I got too carried away with it. Updates should be fairly regular now, every Sunday. One imporant thing: I changed Lauren's last name because people have been confused on what Lauren's name is. So instead of Lauren Grace it is Lauren Grace Alloway. She will be using Grace when she's with Darrel, undercover.
Please don't be a silent reader. This is my baby and I need help to make it grow up.