These Lines Were Never Established

Chapter Twenty-Two

Travis sat on the beach chair as Hayley tried to wrestle away from him stating that she didn’t need water wings. Laughing he pinned her down as she giggled flailing her arms wildly so he couldn’t get them on. Gripping one chubby little arm he slipped the pink plastic over her arm and securely in place before moving to do the other one.

“Hayley!” He laughed picking her up as she struggled with her. “Okay! Be free!” He let her go once the second one was on. Giggling she climbed off the chair and rushed to Jolene and Hubert at the side of the pool waiting for her.

Standing he stretched his arms and moved to the bar getting a red bull for himself. He was going to need it for the rest of the day. Looking around he nodded at paradise around him, his family and friends, beautiful women, and knowing he was not only going to be having fun but making memories. It was Hayley’s first trip with him and they were already past the airport incident. A full night sleep was all Hayley needed to get over it.

Travis made a snide comment to the camera and strutted off towards Hayley with a smile. Sliding into the pool near them he leaned against the edge watching Hayley point out that she had water wings too! Just like Hubert.

“I’m not a good swimmer.” Hubert nodded at the toddler in his arms.

“Eye no sim.” Hayley stated. Travis laughed knowing it was probably true. Hayley looked at him smiling. “Daddy!” She cheered causing him to sputter up the mouthful of Redbull he had.

Looking up with wide eyes, everyone that knew Hayley froze. Blinking his smiled slowly as his heart seemed to have trouble beating. She was giggling splashing the water around her unaffected.

“Did she just….” Jolene pointed slowly as Travis kept watching the happy toddler splash about.

“Yeah.” He breathed. Putting his drink down on the edge he swam over slowly, quickly taking her from Hubert and spinning her around as she squealed with delight. “Hi Little Bird.” He stated down at her as she looked up at him giggling.

“Hi Daddy.” She mused easily.

Hugging her close to him Travis waved her back and forth. He couldn’t describe the feeling of her actually calling his daddy. It was as if he’d just landed the double backflip a hundred times in a row with out a problem or even getting tired. His heart was just floating on cloud nine.

The day carried on, everyone having to get used to Hayley calling Travis daddy, and Travis squealing like a school girl when she did. Though if to be fair he wasn’t the only one squealing every time she said it, he was just the only guy.

“What are you doing?” Travis asked sitting on a pool chair, Hayley tucked in his arms nibbling on a cut up apple he’d gotten her. Jim turned to him with a smile.

“I’m going to hydro plane.” Travis’s eyes lit up at the idea and that’s when the stupid stunts began. First the hydroplanes, then the dragging of random things across the pool with someone on them as if it were a raft. Travis constantly kept one eye on Hayley while he was busy goofing off and when he wasn’t he was playing with her.

“Alrighty.” Travis breathed as Hayley yawned, hands over her mouth to try and hide it. “I think it’s bed time little one.” She shook her head at him. “Uh-huh cause it’s my bed time too.” He stated standing up with her. “See ya guys later.” It was only Hayley’s nap but a good hour, maybe even two hour long nap would do Travis some good and make Hayley less cranky.

“Eye no wanna.” She pouted as he began removing her water wings and wrapping her up on a towel. “No daddy.” She whined as he began heading for the hotel. It nearly broke Travis heart.

“Don’t worry little one when nap times over we’ll be right back out here and we’ll be awake and rested so we can bug everyone twice as much.” He tried to reason. All he got was a whine in return. “Besides I wanna nap, you don’t wanna nap with me?” Hayley looked up at him. “If you wanna stay you can but I won’t be here. I’ll be in the room napping.” He paused mid step. “You wanna nap with me?” Jutting out his bottom lip Hayley nibbled on her before she nods slowly. “Kay.” He chirps happily heading to his room.

“Just sleep.” Travis groans, one arm over his eyes as Hayley crawls around the bed looking for something. She was babbling on and on about what she had to find, in truth he knew she was stalling from her nap. “Hayley.” She stopped as Travis looked at her. “Come on little bird, Daddy’s really tired.” He groaned with out thinking. She sat there just watching him. “Please go to sleep? I promise when you wake up you’ll find whatever it is you’re looking for.” All Travis truly wanted was a nap at this point.

Huffing Hayley crawled over to him and snuggled under the blankets next to him. Smiling Travis pulled her close to him and kissed the top of her head while she pouted.

“I love you baby girl.” He whispered into her hair.

Hayley looked up at him, watching as he watched her.

“Eyes ‘uv yew too Daddy.” Travis smiled hugging her into his chest and getting cozy into the blankets.

“Good cause I’d be sad if you didn’t.” He pouted his bottom lip at her.

Giggling Hayley pushed at his bottom lip trying to put it back.

“No sad! No sad! Eyes ‘uv yew!” She giggled when Travis pulled his bottom lip back in at the comment.

“I love you too. Now go to sleep so we can get up and go pick on Uncle Andy!” Hayley nodded vigorously at the idea and laid her head down on his chest. Travis took deep breaths petting her hair to sooth her to sleep.

Hayley was now his daughter. There was no going back and he was grateful because he didn’t want to go back.
♠ ♠ ♠
Next update on Tuesday.
Thank you guys for reading!
It means so much too me!
I LOVE YOU GUYS!!! lol