These Lines Were Never Established

Chapter Twenty-Three

Hayley ran down the streets. Giggling she glanced over her shoulder at Travis walking behind her.

“Left! Left!” He laughed trying to signal her to turn. “No!” He laughed loudly. “Your other left!” Hayley looked down at Tito and grumbled at him for telling her which way to go. Travis couldn’t help but smile as he walked closer to her.

Still arguing with her tiger in gibberish Travis scooped her up and headed down the docks that held their ferry boats. They were going to go visit a local tribe. Sitting down he got comfortable as Hayley moved behind him to look down in the water. Andy turned to watch her as Jolene climbed in the boat as well with a wide smile.

Looking around Hayley watched as bikes were loaded up and everyone got in different boats. With a giggled she shuffled back to Travis and tugged on his shirt pointing at Uncle Ronnie standing on the front of the boat. Tito was in her arms watching the man as if he was crazy while muttering something along the same lines.

“Wook!” She cheered pointing at Ronnie.

Travis turned looking at his friend and laughed loudly.

“Don’t fall in Renner!” Travis called loudly at the man. Hayley giggled as Travis tucked her in behind him watching cameras and camera men moved around.

He didn’t want her on film just yet. He didn’t want to corrupt her with what might come or scare and scar her from it either. It would have to be a gradual thing for the world to see and for Hayley to learn that the world did see her.

As the boats hit the river Travis picked her up and tucked her into thee hallow of his lap holding her tightly, afraid she might fall over board. He pointed out birds and animals along the back to her, listening to her ‘ooo’ and ‘aaah’ at them as they went passed.

Hayley held onto Jolene as they moved threw the village, Travis was digging out a jump or something. Giggling she waved at the kids moving around her. She’d never really had a lot of friends before or seen a lot of other little kids like her either.

Playing with them she went for a few rides with some of the guys as they took the village kids around. Hayley didn’t know what to do with herself! They’re were so many kids that wanted to play with her! She didn’t know what to do with herself!

Travis watched as she played with the other kids, running around, laughing, and playing simple games. He liked watching her play and seeing the smile on her face. He also liked know it was going to tire her out. That meant a full nights sleep on his end.

“I’ve never seen her smile so much before.” Jolene laughed holding Tito in her arms. The little tiger had been handed over for a while so that Hayley could play with her new friends and not lose him!

“I know…” Travis whispered watching as she ran back and forth giggling wildly. She stuck out like a sore thumb with her pale skin compared to the darker skin town of the tribes. “I don’t think she’d ever played with kids her own age before… Or close enough too it.” He stated watching all the kids.

Jolene simply shrugged as she adjusted her traditional garments the tribe had provided her with.

“Daddy!” Hayley ran over out of breath and hid behind his leg.

Laughing Travis lifted his arms to look down at her.

“Hayley!” He mimicked as the little girl giggled up at him before taking off as the kids of the tribe began rushing after her. Smiling he watched her go hide behind Hubert who put his fists up playfully to ‘protect’ her

“You like being a dad.” Jolene pointed out. The smile on his face and the look in his eyes told her everything.

“Ya….” Travis whispered. “I do. I feel like I’ve done something with my life. Moto,” He waved a hand at the idea. “That means nothing right now compared to being a dad. I know I can do it.” Looking at Jolene he smiled. “There are only a few challenges left for me in moto and not a lot of those challenges seem worth while. This,” Pointing at Hayley running around again he smiled. “Scares the crap out of me like the idea of double back flipping did but I know it’s going to have more of a reward that landing a flip does. I’m…I’m important, really life changing important to some, to her, and that feels good.” Jolene hugged his loosely with a smile on her face.

“Now you just gotta get yourself a girly and her a step-mommy and you’ll be set in life.” Wiggling her eyebrows Jolene took off at his horror struck face.

Travis wasn’t good with women! He froze and stumbled and bumbled. It was embarrassing for him and everyone around him! Wasn’t it bad enough he was walking blindly into parenthood and probably would be blind the whole trip threw? He didn’t need another thing to walk blindly into! Not yet atleast.

Jolene’s words lingered all day and night. Travis sat in the little chair his room had provided, the light on next to him, watching Hayley sleep tucked up into the thick blankets with Tito close to her chest.

Sighing he shifted his weight and licked his lips. He loved Hayley already, his flesh and blood, his child.

Letting out another sigh he shifted his weight away and his thoughts seemed to shift. Could he raise her on his own? His friends and family would help, he knew that, that was a given, but could he raise her to be a respectful, kind, smart, self respecting woman?

Covering his eyes a single thought made him groan. What would he do when she was older and got her first period?
♠ ♠ ♠
I don't like charter! I've been with out internet for three days and they tell me nothings wrong.
Next update with me later tonight, not sure after that.
I'm going rounds with my interten company.
Hopefully I can win!
Thank you guys for wating and reading.
It means alot to me!!!
I <3 you guys!!!!