These Lines Were Never Established

Twenty-Eight

“Oh.” Travis mumbled around his tea mug. “Oh, her we go.” He smiled seeing Hayley dragging a large box one of the Christmas decorations had come in. For the past week she’d been using it, even had Pop Pop cut wholes in it for her.

“What?” Andy asked confused. Travis simply lifted a finger and pointed as Hayley set up the box and climbed in with papers scribbled on in hand.

The group sat quietly and watched Hayley as she cleared her little throat. Travis couldn’t help but smile at her and Debbie beamed at the girls enthusiasm for this, it gave her hope that she wouldn’t end up trying to kill her self in motocross like her father and ‘aunts’ or ‘uncles’.

“Head’o.” Hayley smiled at them as she adjusted her papers. “To’da in da news we had an ass…an…a boo-boo!” She gave a sharp nod. Travis raised his brows as his friends laughed at how cute she was. “Sssshhh!! No talk! Eye do da news! Sh!” She put a finger to her lips and the room grew quite. “Tank yew.” She smiled happily. “We has a boo-boo.” The room hummed as if they would at the actual news, the sound pleased Hayley and she wiggled on the spot as if doing a happy dance. This was her first time doing a news broad cast for everyone. Only Pop Pop, Daddy, and Gi Gi had ever seen her broad cast. Everyone else had gone home for a while last week to get their things sorted out at home. “Da boo-boo looked to ‘urt a wat. Poo-poo even jumped up and down!” She gapsed.

Travis with everyone else turned to Robert Pastrana with a wrapped hand.

“’Ee Say Daddy’s dumb award hurt when falls.” Travis snorted having been there when the accident happened.

Hayley continued for a few minutes before paused.

“Oh! An da caz’e lady for …” Waving a finger she sighed. “Over da stee’t say she wose ‘er mean widdle dog! She ax if any’un had see ip.” She smiled at them. “Tank yew.” With that she climbed out of the box and walked away.

“How long had she been going that for?” Jolene asked stunned.

“About a week. Maybe less.” Travis sipped more of his tea not thinking anything of it. “She makes me turn on the news any way, now she’s the news of the house.” He laughed, before stopped. “P.S. watch what you say, she’ll let everyone know what happened tomorrow about the same time. I swear.” The group grimaced at the idea of having to watch what they did and said more now than they already did around her. “Dad swore once yesterday cause some guy was messing with his money at the bank, Hayley repeated it in the news and said why he was even swearing. I don’t think she’ll ever say that word again…” Humming he stood up, heading for the sink.

“What word?” Erik asked amazed.

“The ‘F’ word.” Debbie glared at her ex-husband. “I beat her little butt into next Tuesday!” She huffed moving around the kitchen.

“Good too know…” They all whispered.

Hayley walked into the room and stood at Travis’s feet, arms raised at him. Travis easily scooped her up with out a thought and kept making himself another cup of tea as she settled onto his shoulder easily.

“Tired little bird?” Jolene chirped from the kitchen table. Hayley simply yawned, put her thumb in her mouth and rested her head into the crook of Travis’s neck.

“You shouldn’t teach her to nap on you Travis.” Debbie sighed after twenty minutes of Travis standing by the sink drinking his tea with Hayley tucked into his chest asleep..

“I’m not. But she thinks there are things in the closet and I can’t convince her other wise so I have to wait for her to fall asleep out here or something before I put her in bed.” He mumbled softly as to not wake the toddler.

“Oh, why does she think that?”

“Something feel in the closet last night taking a few other objects with it and scared her a few nights ago, She wouldn’t go back to sleep.”