These Lines Were Never Established

Chapter Forty-Two

Hayley layed on her back as she watched her daddy and Lyn-z talk on the couch. She was bored, so watching them was better than watching commercials. They always fumbled with each other.

“Do yews w’ikes each to’der?” She asked. Travis and Lyn-z froze. Lyn-z coughed nervously as Travis floundered. “GiGi and mama says yews w’ikes eachs ofer.” She added.

Travis could feel his face burning bright red. Picking the remote up off the coffee table he hit the DVR button and put her favorite show on. At the music for the show she sat right up and stared.

Shifting the foot away he’d just managed to get the courage up to remove from between he and Lyn-z he rubbed the back of his neck. Only Hayley could ruin his chances of asking a girl out on a date after knowing her for months.

After XGames Lyn-z had been a staple in the Pastrana household helping to take care of Hayley. Both he and Hayley were more the happy to accept her into their home to train and simply hang out. Hayley because she had a weird obsession with hanging out with Lyn-Z, no one could explain it. Lyn-Z simply stated she was cooler than everyone else. Travis liked having her around because he really liked her, the more and more he got to know her. She wasn’t just a pretty face and amazing skateboarder, she was an amazing woman.

Lyn-z laughed at the show that was on trying to calm the moment and ease the tension between her and Travis.

“Bill Nye the Science guy?” Travis only hummed and Hayley turned around talking to quickly to decipher. “Oh, he’s doing science!” Hayley spun back to the television with wide eyes. Lyn-z let out a small laugh. “Wow.”

“The ups and downs of having genius child.” Travis laughed nervously.

Hayley frowned as the show ended. Looking around she found no one in the large living room. Frowning she stood up walking around the couch. Growling and lifting her hands up in little claws at Tiny and Moose half a sleep forms behind the couch she grunted when she got only a gust of air out of Tiny’s nostrils before he rolled over to go to sleep.

Dropping her arms she whined at him. Her eyes shifted to Moose he always played with her. The dog simply looked at her, stood walked in a circle and laid back down with his back to her. Huffing and puffing she even stomped her feet. Why did no one want to play?

And where was Daddy and Lyn-Z?

The second question was far more interesting and important to her than getting one of the dogs to play with her.

Looking around he rushed to the kitchen and stopped.

“Eeeeeewww.” She groaned covering her eyes.

Travis and Lyn-Z quickly parted. Travis leaned down on the counter with a groan. He’d barely got a kiss out of her. Why did Hayley always have to ruin his moments? It’d taken him nearly three hours to work up the nerve and even more months to find himself comfortable enough with the thought of making a move and knowing he probably wasn’t getting rejected.

“What?” Travis groaned heavily. “Why aren’t you watching Bill Nye?” He huffed at her.

“He go ways.” Hayley stated. Looking between the two she frowned. “Yews does what Jims and Mommy does.” She added. Travis and Lyn-Z stared at Hayley with wide eyes.

“Wait, what?” Both asked. Hayley giggled at them.

“Little bird.” Lyn-z sang rushing the toddler and picking her up. Hayley giggled. “Uncle Jimbo and Mommy are doing what?” she asked. Travis watched them closely.

Hayley simply puckered her lips and began smacking them at her. Lyn-z gave her a kiss on the cheek and giggled at her. Hayley clung to her.

“Yews no tells cus eye…” She squeaked and covered her mouth with wide hazel eyes.

“You weren’t supposed to tell?” Lyn-z gasped as Travis laughed at his daughter. No one was supposed to tell and usually Hayley was the master of secrets. Not even in her normal news display. People always feared there secrets coming up in her little news show and they never did.

“No tells!!!” She gasped.

“I won’t tell.” Lyn-z zipped her lips and both girls looked and Travis he did the same motion to them both. “And now you can’t tell anyone that were doing it too.” Hayley nodded. “We got a deal?” She nodded quickly. “Good.” Lyn-z kissed her gently on the cheek and put her down.

Hayley ran to the archway and stopped before she turned to look at Travis and Lyn-z both flushed red and awkwardly trying to move past their interrupted kiss. She watched them as Travis moved back to Lyn-z slowly, trying to re-spark the moment.

“Lyn-z…” Hayley asked softly. Travis leaned back down on the nearest counter. She’d killed his game again in less than five minutes. “Are yew gonna be my o’fer mommy?” Travis fell over as Lyn-z fumbled. “Mommy say ‘er an Daddy don see each o’fer an’ee’mo an dat if dey see an’ofer people fer long time dey my o’fer mommy and daddy.” Travis swore silently. He was going to kill Jolene.

“Is that was mommy told you Uncle Jim might be?” Lyn-z asked, more interested in the possible gossip of her friends.

“No.” Hayley muttered sheepishly. “Mommy say ‘ee just der nah. Jimbo say same.”

“So they’re just going around kissing?” Lyn-z asked, kneeling down to look at the toddler. Hayley covered her mouth and shushed her. “I won’t tell. I just wanna know.” Hayley giggled and nodded. “Whoa.” Lyn-z turned to Travis still on the floor. “I had no idea.”

“Yews be mys two mommy?” Hayley asked.

“Right now…” Lyn-z cooed. “Your dad and I are doing what your mommy and jimbo are doing.” Hayley frowned.

“No fun.” With that she stalked away.

“I technically need a legal mother for her…” Travis voiced without thinking. Lyn-z choked. “No, that’s…not what…I’m an idiot.” He whispered. Lyn-z nodded slowly.

“Yes, yes you are.” She giggled. Sliding over to him she smiled widely at him. “But I’m okay with it.” Travis smiled.