‹ Prequel: Just Like You
Status: In progress.

Lousy Truth

Tonight We're Going Ha-Ha-Hard.

Mumbling to myself the next morning, my eyes are barely open. I stumble around, trying to find some clothes and hit my elbow on the side of my bunk. Swearing loudly, I jump down from the evil bunk with a loud thump and stomp over to the bathroom. When I come out in some jeans and a warm sweater, David's leaning against the opposite wall.

“You okay?” I nod and run a hand through the hair I just brushed. I mess it up a bit and grab some jewelry. Feeling complete with some rings on my fingers and a necklace around my neck, I grab some nail polish. I sit down at the table in the front, David trailing after me.

“What were you mumbling about?” He watches my fingers as I carefully glide the gold paint over my bare nails. I shrug, not really wanting to talk about it with him. “Come on, you can tell me.” I arch an eyebrow and make eye contact with him.

“I'm really fucking horny and I need to get laid before I explode.” He blinks at my frankness as I look back down at my nails. Finishing my left hand, I blow on the paint to make it dry faster.

“Well then.”

“I'm not some prude, sorry if I spooked you.” He laughs because my tone says I'm anything but sorry. He looks at me, considering me and I meet his eyes.

“You're nothing like I expected. You get up early, dress down for the day, dress up in a costume that apparently isn't really you for the stage, and while you can be really blunt, you're actually kind of quiet.” He smiles, something obviously amusing him. “I was expecting you to be slutting it up all over the place and being loud and obnoxious. But I like that you keep surprising me.”

I laugh a little at that, enjoying the twisted compliment. “Is it wrong that I'm both girls?” He shakes his head and quickly denies that, making me laugh some more. “I like being loud and crazy. But I don't like being that all the time. Sometimes it's hard putting on an act for the show and sometimes it's just the mood I'm in. But I love quiet days where I can just chill. It's a bit contradictory.”

“Well, yeah. That's what I just said.” I pull a face at him and he chuckles. I finish my right hand, wiping off the places I messed up. He notices that and smiles again. “Klutz.”

“Shut up. You try doing it!” To my surprise, he grabs the nail polish and easily paints his left hand. I gape at him as he laughs. He shows off his gold nails and I grab his hand, looking for spots he missed or put too much on.

“Hott damn. How the hell did you do that? No matter how careful I am, I always mess up my left hand...” My hands are dwarfed by his bigger ones. He pulls his hand away and grimaces at what he's done.

“Please tell me that you have some nail polish remover.” I laugh, the emotions on his face hilarious.

“This just occurred to you? You didn't think about that before you did that?” I lean against the window, using it to support myself as I keep laughing. “What are you going to do if I said I didn't?”

“Freak out. Please. You have some. Right? You gotta... Oh man, if the others see this...”

“You're such a loser.” I get up and grab the remover from my bag and some cotton balls. He grabs it and quickly starts taking it off, mumbling to himself prayers that the others don't wake up just yet.

Tossing out the golden cotton, he turns to me and smiles. “So what are you going to do about your problem?”

“Hire a gigolo?” He smirks at that and I look at him. “Why? Are you offering?”

“What would you say if I said yes?” He's serious and I quickly hide my shock. I smile a little, shaking my head. He's too cute for me and not really my type. I like my guys a little more rugged. David's all soft and adorable. Like a teddy bear. You wouldn't have sex with a teddy bear.

“We're friends. I'm not gonna ruin that just cause I wanna get my rocks off.” He laughs, but I can see he's hiding disappointment. Thankfully Ace comes walking out of the bunks and saves me from David asking anymore questions.

Slowly, everyone wakes up and the front of the bus gets crowded and loud as voices and music fill the air. Dan and Andy are arguing about what to listen to, John Meyer or Fall Out Boy as Kayla's on the phone and bitching to someone. John and Ace are tossing food around to people who want it. David found his way onto the couch across from me and is looking at me, just looking. I start to get the creeps and wishing I never brought up sex with him.



“Hey girl.” An arm is wrapped around me and I look at Paul, staring blankly at him. He starts to get sketched out until I smile and poke his cheek.

“Hey boy. How are you?”

“'Ungova, you?” I tsk, laughing at the same time.

“Maybe you shouldn't drink that much in an hour again, huh? I'm fine, perfectly chipper.” He laughs at that, not believing me.

“Yeah, okay. We missed you at the party.” I nod, not that interested. He rolls his eyes and shoves me to the side. My arms pinwheel as I try to catch myself before falling. Looking up at him from the ground, I glare.

“What the hell was that for, you ass?” I stand up, brushing myself off. I put my hands on my hips and continue to glare at him.

“You need to cheer the fuck up. Just cause Oli's hangin' around doesn't mean you can fall back into that slump.” He glares back at him and I hurmph. I push him off the table and he falls. He squeals about his hair and reaches up to mess up mine. I kick him in the shins and he whimpers, pouting.

“Yeah, what did you expect?” I stink my tongue out at him and he glares.

“Bitch.”

“I love you.” I hug him and we both laugh. John walks by, muttering something about crazy people. I run after him, jumping on his back and screaming in his ear.

“You love me too don't you Johnny?! Don't ya? Don't ya? Don't ya?!” He laughs and quickly says that he loves me lots. I squeeze him before sliding off his back. He and I wander around the venue, discussing the set list for tonight.

We stumble upon Kayla in the back, texting and giggling to herself. John and I raise eyebrows at each other and I shield my mouth and point to her, mouthing that she's mother fuckin' nuts. John laughs and Kayla gives him a death glare.

We continue walking and end up sitting on the stage, getting in the way of all the techs trying to set up. John looks out across the room, leaning his head on my shoulder. I pat his hair, playing with it absentmindedly as I lose myself in my thoughts.

“Oli's gonna be here again today. What are you going to do?”

“I have no idea...”
♠ ♠ ♠
I need to sit down girl cause I can't breathe. You take my breath away from me. Oh girl, can't you see what you've done to me? You take my breathe away from me.

Quinn's outfit.