Sweeny Todd

11

Later on that day, Mrs. Lovett decided that everyone needed a break and then told everyone that they should go on a picnic so she recruited Mr. Todd, Toby and Azrael and conned them into a picnic, even though Sweeney and Azrael werent on talking terms they both went anyways figuring they both needed some fresh air. Once they made it to the spot Mrs. Lovett pulled out a blanket and laid it down on the ground while Azrael placed the basket down on top noticing Toby trying to undo the strings on his kite, Azrael smiled down at him and gently kneeled down to help him.
"Toby have you ever flew a kite before?" she asked.
Toby gently shook his head having a bit of a frown on his face. "No Miss Azrael they never let us do such things at the shop."
Azrael frowned and then gently rose up. "well I'm gonna teach ya" Toby then looked up at Azrael with a hopeful look. "Really Miss. Azrael?" Azrael nodded giving him a warm smile. "Of course lad now come on I dont want to be waitin all day for ya boyo." Toby then chuckled as he rose up from the blanket. "Has anyone ever told you that you talk funny?" Azrael shrugged giving him a smirk. "Everyday of me life" Toby then suddenly frowned. "What if I can't do it?" Azrael smiled at the young boy and placed her hand on his shoulder "Nothing is as easy as it looks. Everything takes longer than you expect. And if anything can go wrong, it will, at the worst possible moment. Just know that you did yer best" Toby then smiled at her and pulled her along with him. "Then let's do it!" he said excitedly as Azrael was giggling at the young boy.
Meanwhile as Toby and Azrael were trying to fly a kite, Sweeney was sitting on the blanket along with Mrs. Lovett sulking over various things such as the fight he had with Azrael, not getting the judge or the governor and most of all the fact that Azrael would be so nave to believe that he was using her. Mrs. Lovett on the other hand was grinning from ear to ear and then looked over at him.
"Nothing like a nice sit down, is there, dear, after a hard day's work?" she then noticed that Sweeney was still sulking and was watching Toby and Azrael trying to get the kite to fly.
Mrs. Lovett sighed and started to count the coins she received today "Four and thruppence four and eleven pence That makes seven pounds nine shillings and four pence for this week. Not bad and that don't include wot I had to pay out for my nice cheery wallpaper or the harmonium And a real bargain it was, dear, it being only partly singed when the chapel burnt down." She then glanced of at Mr. Todd and noticed that he is still staring straight ahead with that sulky look on his face. "Mr. T., are you listening to me?" Sweeney sighed and muttered in a monotone voice. "Of course." Mrs. Lovett then sighed and gave him a condescending look. "Then what did I say, eh?" Sweeney shrugged still deep in thought of what happened today and what he was going to do about the Judge and Governor. "Why would she think that? She was perfectly fine this morning and there must be a way to the Judge and Governor." Mrs. Lovett then glared at him and started to become very cross with him. "The bloody old judge and governor! Always harping on the bloody old judge and governor!" She then massages his neck. "We got a nice respectable business now, money coming in regular and since we're careful to pick and choose only strangers and such like wot won't be missed who's going to catch on? And as for Mrs. Rowena let her go, I told you the lass has to much baggage to ever be considered to have a honorable relationship and there you go! Her actions this morning should be proof to you." All she received out of him was an irritated sigh, so she gently got onto her knees and leans across and kisses his temple.
"Ooh, Mr. Todd." She then kisses him again.
"I'm so happy" she then kisses him again.
"I could" she then kisses him again
"Eat you up, I really could! You know what I'd like to do, Mr. Todd?" she then kisses him again.
"What I dream" she kisses him again.
"If the business stays as good, Where I'd really like to go?" she received no response from him and frowned.
"In a year or so" she still then received no response and noticed how intently he was staring at Azrael and started to look at him very irritably.
"Don't you want to know?" Sweeney didnt more nor made an effort to look over at Mrs. Lovett but dully said
"Of course"
Mrs. Lovett then looked very irritated at him. "Do you really want to know?"
Sweeney sighed and feigned some enthusiasm. "Yes, I do" Mrs. Lovett sighed and then sat back down and continued to sing.
"I've always had this dream... Ever since I was a skinny little slip of a thing and my rich Aunt Nettie used to take me down to the seaside August Bank Holiday... The pier... Makin' little castles in the sand... Ooh, I can still feel me toes wigglin' around in the briney! By the sea, Mr. Todd, that's the life I covet, By the sea, Mr. Todd, ooh, I know you'd love it! You and me, Mr. T, we could be alone in a house wot we'd almost own, Down by the sea! Wouldn't that be smashing?"
Sweeney sighed not really paying attention to her. "Anything you say..."
Mrs. Lovett then grinned at him and continued to sing. "With the sea at our gate, we'll have kippered herring wot have swum to us straight from the Straits of Bering! Ev'ry night, in the kip, when we're through our kippers, I'll be there slippin' off your slippers! By the sea, With the fishies splashing! By the sea! Wouldn't that be smashing?"
Sweeney sighed once again still not really paying attention to this woman and said in a monotone voice. "Anything you say"
Mrs. Lovett sighed and continued to sing. " I can hear us wakin,' The breakers breakin,' The seagulls squawkin,' 'Hoo, hoo!'" while she sings this she thinks she's being charming; but Mr. Todd looks at her in terror. "I do me bakin,' Then I go walkin' With you-hoo! Yoo-hoo! I'll warm me bones on the esplanade, Have tea and scones with me gay young blade, Then I'll knit a sweater While you write a letter Unless we've got better to do-hoo!"
Sweeney sighed and then shrugged his shoulders still keeping a close eye on Azrael who was now pull on the flying kite and now handing it to Toby. "Anything you say"
Mrs. Lovett then smiled at him and continued to sing. "Think how snug it'll be underneath our flannel When it's just you and me and the English Channel! In our cozy retreat kept all neat and tidy, We'll have chums over ev'ry Friday! By the sea! Don'tcha love the weather? By the sea! We'll grow old together! By the seaside Hoo, hoo! By the beautiful sea! Oh, I can see us now, in our bathing dresses! You in a nice, rich navy, and me... stripes, perhaps. It'll be so quiet, That who'll come by it, Except a seagull Hoo, hoo! We shouldn't try it, Though, 'til it's legal for two-hoo! But a seaside wedding could be devised, Me rumpled bedding legitimized! Me eyelids'll flutter, I'll turn into butter, the moment I mutter I do-hoo!"
Sweeney the looks over at her appalled while she continues to sing. "By the sea, in our nest, we could share our kippers with the odd payin' guest from the weekend trippers, have a nice sunny suite for the guest to rest in, now and then, you could do the guest in! By the sea, married nice and proper! By the sea, Bring along your chopper! To the seaside, Hoo, hoo! By the beautiful sea!" she sang happily.
She then looked over at Mr. Todd and smiled at him as he still had his sulky look on his face. "Come on, dear. Give us a kiss." She then pecks him. "Ooh, that was lovely. Now, Mr. T., you do love me just a little bit, don't you?"
Sweeney was still ignoring her and had his arms crossed. "Of course." He muttered not really paying attention to her since his thoughts were somewhere else.
Mrs. Lovett took it wrongly though and grinned at him. "Then how about it? Of course, there'd have to be a little visit to St. Swithin's to legalize things. But that wouldn't be too painful, would it?"
Sweeney sighed going back to his obsession with his plan and the fight he had earlier with Azrael. "I'll make them pay for what they did to Lucy, and there has to be a way to get Azzie to talk to me" Mrs. Lovett sighed and slowly shook her head starting to get irritated with this man. "Now, dear, you listen to me. It's high time you forgot all them morbid fancies. Your Lucy's gone, poor thing and Mrs. Rowena was just a mistake. It's your Nellie now. Here." She then takes a bon-bon from her purse "Have a nice bon-bon." She then kisses him and has a thought "You know, it's seventeen years this Whitsun since my poor Albert passed on. I don't see why I shouldn't be married in white, do you?" she asked, but she didnt receive an answer since Azrael and Toby came back laughing. "Miss. Azrael where on earth do you come up with these stories?" Azrael started to laugh as she sat down on the blanket along with him. "Haven't ya heard boyo that the Irish are the best storytellers?" Toby then shook his head. "Why is that because you have so much history in the emerald isles?" he asked. Azrael then started to laugh. "No lad it's because we can pull anythin out of our blarney arse and make it sound believable!" Toby then started to burst out into laughter along with Azrael while Sweeney was still sulking and Mrs. Lovett was rolling her eyes.
Just then, a ball comes flying and hit's Azrael in the back. "Ow bugger that hurt!" she muttered irritably as she turned around and picked up the ball, just then two boys probably one looked to be at the age of 7 while the other looked to be the age of 5 ran up to her. "I'm sorry miss, I'm teachin me brother how to kick and he must've kicked it to hard." The older boy said. Azrael smiled at the boys and handed them their ball "it's alright lad, the younger one has quite a kick." The boys smiled at her and was about to answer until they heard an older man chuckling. "That's what I tell his mother but she doesnt believe me." Azrael then looked up and smiled at the man before her. "Why Mr. Miller what a delight to see you again!" she said excitedly as she rose up from the blanket not noticing the chilling glare Sweeney was giving Daniel.
Daniel smiled at Azrael and bowed to her. "And a delight to see you to Miss. Azrael. But I apologize for my nephews they didnt mean to hit you with the ball."
Azrael then smiled at Daniel and shrugged her shoulders. "No worries boys will be boys." She said giving them a warm grin. Daniel chuckled and gently shrugged his shoulders. "You're right on that."
Just then, Mrs. Lovett grinned up at the younger gentleman and figured that he would be the perfect distraction for Azrael. "Why dont you have a seat darling and enjoy our picnic?" Daniel then smiled at Mrs. Lovett and gently shook his head. "Oh no I couldnt impose." Mrs. Lovett then shook her head at him. "Oh dont be foolish you wouldnt be imposing."
Sweeney then glared over at Mrs. Lovett "Mrs. Lovett let the lad be if he feels he's imposing then he has a reason." He said sternly but then noticed the glare Azrael was giving him.
"No it's really fine Daniel your more than welcome to sit with us." She said softly, Daniel smiled at her and then sat down. "Well I guess it's alright then." Azrael smiled at him and then looked over at Toby. "Toby why dont you show the boys a proper way to kick a ball will ya luv?" Toby then nodded and then rose up and leads the boys off to a different part of the park. Azrael smiled as she watched the boys go off and then looked over at Daniel. "Nephews ya say? Lovely chaps they are." Daniel then nodded. "They are but trust me they can be monsters." Azrael then started to laugh. "Arent all children though? I'm sure yer wife would agree." Daniel then smirked at Azrael and shrugged. "If I had a wife I assume she would" Azrael then suddenly looked surprised. "Oh I'm sorry I just thought" she then was cut of by Daniel who was laughing. "It is quite all right no worries Miss. Azrael." Azrael smiled at him not noticing how infuriated Sweeney was and continued to talk to Daniel. "So tell me how is it a lad like you isnt married? What do you have an extra finger or toe? Or is it a case of Halitosis that you suffer from?" Daniel chuckled at her and shook his head. "I can assure you it has nothing to do with my breath nor my fingers or toes I just havent met the right lass yet." Azrael then placed up her index finger up and smirked at him. "Ah tha could be a toughie cause ya know they say that the world is an ocean full of fish but how can you get the proper fish if you dont have the proper equipment nor worm?" Daniel chuckled at Azrael and shook his head. "Has anyone told you that you talk oddly?" Azrael then rolled her eyes. "Second time today! But it's an interesting philosophy I have in me life." Daniel then smirked at her. "Ah a life philosophy? I'd love to hear it." Azrael then shrugged her shoulders. "It's actually an Irishman's Philosophy for life but I go by it all the same." Daniel then shrugged. "Now I have to hear this said philosophy of yours." Azrael grinned at him and placed her hand on his shoulder. "Be ready for a tale it may be a long one or it may be a short one depending on how I feel." She then notices Daniel laughing while Mrs. Lovett was snickering at Azrael's silliness while Sweeney looked like he was going to slice Daniel's throat right there. Azrael ignored it and then looked over at Daniel. "ya ready lad?" Daniel then nodded. "yes ma'am" Azrael then nodded. "Alright then now listen to me words closely for these words are very important." She then clears her throat and starts to recite her philosophy. "In life, there are only two things to worry about either you are well or you are sick. If you are well, there is nothing to worry about, But if you are sick, there are only two things to worry about either you will get well or you will die. If you get well, there is nothing to worry about, but if you die, there are only two things to worry about either you will go to heaven or hell. If you go to heaven, there is nothing to worry about. And if you go to hell, youll be so busy shaking hands with all your friends you wont have time to worry! That's why The Irish are very forgiving to their great men but that's only when they are safely buried." She said with a little smirk on her face noticing Daniel then just burst into laughter. "I take it ya like tha."
Daniel then nodded. "You have a very funny sense of humor."
Azrael smiled at him and nodded. "tha's what my Gerry used to tell me, buggering man used to drive me crazy." Daniel then looked over at her and suddenly a little frown appeared on his face. "Is Gerry your husband?" Azrael sighed and gently nodded her head. "Aye he was he and me little Shannon was all the family I needed but they are in heaven now and I know exactly what Gerry would tell me right at this moment." She said with a sad smile on her face, just then Sweeney had a look of remorse on his face and then asked. "What would he say?"
Azrael looked over at him with tears in her eyes. "He would have said to me Az, don't you stand at my grave and weep, I am not there... I do not sleep. I am the thousand winds that blow... I am the diamond glints on snow... I am the sunlight on ripened grain... I am the gentle autumn rain. When you waken in the morning's hush, I am the swift uplifting rush of gentle birds in circling flight... I am the soft star that shines at night. Do not stand at my grave and cry I am not there... I did not die..." Azrael then felt tears rolling down her cheeks and quickly wiped them away. "Of course he was always a bloody blighter like tha always tryin to make things difficult; but of course I had to marry the cute Irishman with the charming personality. Bugger that man made me so angry at times"
Mrs. Lovett then giggled. "Oh he couldnt have been tha bad."
Azrael then nodded. "Oh he wasnt but it doesnt mean that his antics had gone unnoticed."
She then started to laugh. "I remember this one time he came home at 3 a.m. in the morning from the Pub drunk as drunk can be with his mates right? And of course Shannon had been keeping me up all night and I finally got her to sleep well in comes Gerry and his boisterous horde of nimrods making all sorts of racket waking Shannon up. Oh I was so bloody angry I kicked out all of his gits and forced him to sleep outside with the pigs!" she muttered hotly still angry over the situation.
Mrs. Lovett then arched her brow. "Why not have him sleep on the couch?"
Azrael then shook her head. "Oh no the couch would have been to good for him he needed to be out with the pigs where he belonged and trust me after that incident he never did it again." Mrs. Lovett started to giggle while Sweeney and Daniel were staring at her; Daniel then smirked at her and gently tilted his head to the side. "You know what I noticed about you Miss Azrael?"
Azrael then looked over at him and gave him a confused look. "What would that be Mr. Miller?" Daniel then smiled at her. "That your eyes can give away what mood you are having at that moment." Azrael's eyes widened while Sweeney was about to kill this man right then and there. "Really Mr. Miller how do you say that?" she asked. Daniel smiled at her and shrugged. "when you were talking about your story about Gerry you were really happy making your eyes as blue as the sky but when you were talking about his and Shannon's death your eyes turned into this really dark blue almost as if there was a hurricane burrowing through those eyes. It's quite fetching on you" Azrael grinned at him and started to blush. "Awww you are too sweet! How is it yer not married yet mate?" Daniel then shrugged giving her a sincere grin. "Like I said earlier Miss. Azrael I havent found the right woman yet." Azrael smiled at him and then gently rose up from the blanket. "Well it's getting late would you like to walk me back to the shop Mr. Miller?" Sweeney's eyes widened and then quickly rose up off the blanket. "That won't be necessary I will walk her." Daniel then quickly rose up and shook his head. "Oh it's no trouble I wouldnt mind walking Miss. Azrael if you two still want to stay here." Sweeney then quickly shook his head. "No we all were just about to leave so there's no worries." He said trying to pull off a charming grin but Azrael and Mrs. Lovett knew better, Daniel frowned and then gently nodded his head. "Oh alright then, well I guess I should be getting the boys back to their mother, I will see you at the shop Miss. Azrael." Azrael gave him a sad smile and gently nodded. "I guess you will." And with that Daniel grabbed the boys and headed off once he was gone Azrael quickly turned and glared at Sweeney. "WELL I HOPE YOUR BLOODY HAPPY!" she shouted.
As she stormed off back to the shop, Sweeney sighed and started to rush off after her knowing that there was a chance that the Governor or one of his Henchmen would recognize her and to their dismay, they did. One of the Governor's henchmen were walking out of a shop when he noticed the blonde beauty storming down the street with the barber hot on her tail along with the woman who makes those pies and a boy. The man smirked and quickly ran off to tell the Governor where Azrael was hiding.
Meanwhile Azrael stormed into the shop and quickly walked up the stairs with Sweeney hot on her tail. "AZRAEL!" he shouted as he ran up the stairs after her. Mrs. Lovett sighed knowing that he didnt mean a thing while they were at the field and actually felt foolish for even believing him, however when Azrael made it into her room she heard her door slam open and then slam shut. She quickly turned around and saw an infuriated Mr. Todd.
"WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT AZRAEL?!" he shouted.
Azrael then glared at him. "How dare you storm into my room and demand anything from me Mr. Todd I want you out of here this instant!" Sweeney gritted his teeth and then slammed her up against the wall. "You will tell me what all that was about with you and Mr. Miller and you will tell me now!" he said very grimly, Azrael tried to push Sweeney off her but to her dismay, she couldnt fight him off. "What do you care Mr. Todd what I do or who I talk to in my spare time! Is no bloody concern of yours!" Sweeney then slammed her against the wall with his body pinning hers. "It is a concern of mine Azrael your mine and for you to go off and be sweet on some other git is unacceptable!" he shouted. Azrael had enough and tried to fight him off her. "I'm not yours Mr. Todd! I'll never be yours nor will I ever want to be!" she shouted. Sweeney then had a very grim and sadistic smirk on his face. "Oh is that right?" he said in a very dangerous tone and then lifted her up placing her back against the wall and forcing her to wrap her legs around his waist. Azrael shrieked and started pushing his shoulders trying to get him to let go of her but this didnt even faze him. For he had a wicked grin on his face as he lean down to her neck and placed soft kisses on her sensitive flesh. "Tell me you dont want me," he said seductively. Azrael shuddered hating how her body was betraying her but still tried to fight against him. "I dont want you" Sweeney smirked and continued to kiss her neck and nip at her sensitive spot. "your body is tell me something else darling" he said once again in a seductive tone, Azrael had to bite back a moan as she felt one of his hands gliding against the flesh of her thigh. "You seem to be mistaken Mr. Todd." she said stubbornly, but this caused Sweeney to chuckle hearing how her voice was cracking. "Oh have I now? Well I guess I'll just have to keep going to see how much I've mistaken."
And with that he took his hand off her thigh and cupped his hand on her breast against the fabric of her dress and worked his skilled fingers against the material making the tip of her breast suddenly become aroused while Azrael released an involuntary moan. Sweeney smirked at this and then gave Azrael a quick kiss on the lips "tell me your mine" Azrael arched her back but gritted her teeth not willing to succumb to him yet. "Never! Now let me go!" she shouted, Sweeney smirked at her and gently shook his head. "Not yet darling. Not until you admit who you belong to."
And with that Sweeney lifted her skirts up and then pulled off her undergarments and then unbuckled his belt and pants and inserted himself right into her causing them both to moan. Sweeney without any notice to Azrael started to thrust deep and hard inside her. "Tell me!" he muttered as he gritted his teeth, Azrael moaned, now placing her hands on his shoulder for support. "Never!" she said giving him a disgusted look but tilted her head back and gasped from the pleasure he was giving her. Sweeney once again thrusted his hips against hers and smirked at her. "Tell me that Daniel mean's nothing to you!" He muttered in his dark raspy voice, and then thrusted hard into her. Azrael moaned once again, arching her back. "I dont have to tell you anything!" she said breathlessly. Sweeney was literally squeezing Azrael's hips knowing that, there will be bruises there soon but couldnt resist this woman was the most savory dessert he has ever had. "Tell me Azrael! Tell me that you belong to me" he then thrust's into her. "Tell me that Daniel mean's nothing to you." he thrusted into her again. "tell me that you yearn for me" he once again thrusted into her and moaned. "Tell me that since your husband that you have never craved a man like you have for me Damnit tell me!" Azrael then lets out a loud moan knowing for sure anyone who was downstairs would have heard her but didnt care at this moment. "Oh bloody hell! Fine I'm yours! I'm yours! He mean's nothing to me!" she shouted.
Sweeney then grinned at her, and then pulled her away from the wall and then laid her down on her bed and continued to thrust harder into her and moaned. "Oh bloody hell Azzie you see what you do to me?" Azrael then gasped from another wave of pleasure. "ugh now you tell me Mr. Todd." Sweeney gritted his teeth knowing that he was going to climax soon. "Tell you what Azzie?" he asked somewhat strained as he continued to rhythmically thrust his hips against hers. "That you're mine" she said breathlessly knowing that she to was going to climax soon. Sweeney then smirked at her and gave her a passionate kiss "I'm yours" Azrael smirked at him and then suddenly with one more thrust from Sweeney the both came instantly moaning each other's name over and over again.
As the couple rode out their climax, Sweeney then collapsed on top of Azrael and then gave her a deep passionate kiss, he then broke the kiss and gently rolled off her and onto his side and pulled her against him. "Bloody hell Azzie, you can drive a man insane you know that?" Azrael rested her head against his chest and nodded. "So I have been told" she said breathlessly and then looked up at him with a bit of sadness in her eyes. "Sweeney tell me the truth" she said softly. Sweeney looked up at her noticing the sad look and frowned. "Azzie I'm not using you yes you and Lucy have blonde hair and blue eyes but other than that you two are completely different people. And I would never use you or compare you to my wife Azzie. You both are special in your own ways, I just wished you felt good enough with me" he said with a bit of sorrow in his voice. Azrael looked up at him, then gently moved out of his arms, and then sighed.
"I'm under your spell again. I can't say no to you. Crave my heart and it's bleeding in your hand. I can't say no to you."
She then gently caresses his cheek.
"Shouldn't have let you torture me so sweetly. Now I can't let go of this dream. I can't breathe but I feel... "
She then gives him a sideways smile.
"Good enough, I feel good enough for you."
Sweeney then gives her a small smile as he places his hand on top of hers.
"Drink up sweet decadence. I can't say no to you, and I've completely lost myself, and I don't mind. I can't say no to you."
She then gently shakes her head.
"Shouldn't let you conquer me completely. Now I can't let go of this dream. Can't believe that I feel... Good enough, I feel good enough. It's been such a long time coming, but I feel good. "
She then rises up from the bed and gently wraps her arms around herself.
"And I'm still waiting for the rain to fall. Pour real life down on me."
She then stares at the picture of Gerry and Shannon.
"'Cause I can't hold on to anything this good enough."
She then turns back to see and faces him.
"Am I good enough for you to love me too?"
she then sighs and then looks back at the pictures and softly smiles at it.
"So take care what you ask of me, 'cause I can't say no."
Sweeney then walked up behind Azrael, wrapped his arms around her waist, rested his chin on her shoulder, and continued stared at the photo of Gerry and Shannon along with her.