Sweeny Todd

17

Before Azrael could fall down onto the ground, Sweeney quickly caught her and picked her up bridal style holding her very close to his body. "Azzie please! Please dont die!" he begged noticing how limp she was in his arms, he then quickly turned to look over at Johanna. "There's a doctor next door to the shop go and get him now!" Johanna quickly nodded and ran off to grab the doctor leaving Sweeney alone with Azrael.
As Sweeney stared down at her, his eyes started to well up in tears. "What have I done? Azzie luv please please dont leave me please luv there's just so much so much that" he muttered but wasnt able to come out with the words, he then gently laid her down on the bed seeing her breathing starting to become more shallow.

"Darling please you can't leave me! You promised that you'll stay you bloody promised!" he shouted furious with himself.
Just then, Johanna came back with the doctor who quickly walked up to the bed. "How did this happen?" he asked noticing her state and seeing all the blood on Sweeney's face. Sweeney sighed and was about to answer him until Johanna cuts him off. "My father was walking really quickly to grab something and almost tripped and his wife went to go catch him and he accidentally slashed the blade against her." She said in a quick manner, Sweeney was shocked to see his daughter stand up for him and make up a story to prevent him from getting in trouble with the law, he then heard the doctor ask Mr. Todd. "Is this true?", He then quickly nodded. "Yes but can you save her? Will she live?!?" he asked frantically.

The doctor sighed examining Azrael and frowned. "It looks like she lost a lot of blood but I'll do my best to help her"

Sweeney nodded, hoping and praying that Azrael will be ok Just then, they all heard a woman scream from downstairs causing Sweeney to quickly rise up from the bed. "What was that?" Johanna asked worriedly. Sweeney then quickly looked over at her. "I'll go check you stay here with her. I dont want her alone with a strange man in the room even if he is only a doctor" Johanna nodded and then sat down in Sweeney's place on the bed and gently held Azrael's hand as the doctor was examining her.

Sweeney then quickly rushed out of the room to find out what was going on with Mrs. Lovett, he then rushed down into the bake house hearing her shouting at something and once he walked in, he saw her dragging a body towards the furnace. "Why did you scream?" Mrs. Lovett then quickly looked up at him while she was dragging the body. "He was clutching, holding onto my dress but he's finished now." She said nervously.

Sweeney nodded wanting to get this over with so he could get back to Azrael and stormed up to her. "I'll take care of it." He muttered as he came closer to her. "Open the door" he said calmly but then noticed she wont budge from the body so he stormed up to her and roughly pushes her away from it. "Open the door I said!" he said a little more firmly.

Mrs. Lovett gave him a very worried look but then walked over to the oven and opened the door having the growing fire illuminate the bodies. Sweeney stared down at the Judge and smirked at his accomplishment finally now he had his revenge, and finally now he and Azrael can live in peace, he only hoped that she would be able to live to hear the news. He then gently cleaned his hands, stared down at the beggar woman, and realized that she was extremely familiar. As he kneeled down to examine her further, he then gently turned her to face him and realized who this woman was she was his wife. Sweeney stared down at her in shock and couldnt help but feel his heart drop as he placed her onto his lap.

"Dont I know you she said.?" He whispered as he stared down at her.

Realizing that not only is Azrael on the brink of death but he had killed his wife as well. He then gently shook his head in disbelief "you knew she lived." He said in disbelief to Mrs. Lovett not even bothering to look at her. Mrs. Lovett's eyes started to well up in tears and gently shook her head. "I was only thinking of you" Sweeney then finally looked up at her. "You lied to me" Mrs. Lovett then quickly shook her head.

"No, no, not lied at all no I never lied"

Sweeney then looked back down at his Wife and sadly sang her name.
"Lucy"
He then heard Mrs. Lovett starting to sing really fast as she gently walked up to him.

"Said she took a poison, she did, I've never said that she died! poor thing, come she lived, but it left her weak in the home head all she did for months was just lie again there in bed. Should have been in"

Sweeney then once again sang her name.

"Lucy"

Mrs. Lovett then continued to sing.

"Hospital, wound up in bedlam instead"

Sweeney then rose up onto his feet feeling the rage that was seeping through his body from this woman.
"Oh my God!"

While Mrs. Lovett finally confessed in her singing.

"Was dead, yes I lied cause I love you."

Sweeney ignored her, continued to stare at his deceased wife, and softly sang her name once again.

"Lucy"

While Mrs. Lovett continued to tell him her confession.

"I'd be twice the wife she was I"

She was then cut off by Sweeney who finally looked up at the furnace with complete remorse on his face.

"What have I done?"

He sang realizing that Lucy is never coming back and there may be a chance that his Azzie will never come back as well all because of his rage and yearning for revenge. He then heard Mrs. Lovett continue to sing to him.

"Could that thing have cared for you, like me? Azrael knew all along that she was your wife but never said a thing I love you, that girl you yearn for will never be half the woman I am because I love you she will eventually burn you because she doesnt love you Mr. T dont you see that we're meant to be not she. Mrs. Rowena is only a phase and she will never love you! She is probably only using you; I wish you can see that she is nothing but a waste of your time She knew all along that your wife was the beggar woman but she kept it from you. Because she needed you! Dont you see she'll never love you, only I will always love you. Mr. T dont you see that we're meant for each other my darling"

Sweeney had enough of hearing from her and was tired of hearing her accuse Azrael of acting upon such an act. He knew his Azzie would never do a thing like that, and when the realization came to the point, where he realized that this whole time Mrs. Lovett betrayed him and lied to him about Lucy was the last straw. Therefore, Sweeney quickly turned to face Mrs. Lovett his eyes snapping up towards hers.

"Mrs. Lovett, you're a bloody wonder eminently practical, and yet Appropriate as always as you've said, repeatedly, there's little point in dwelling on the past. For you were right about Azrael I should've never have even gave her a second thought."

He then starts to step towards her, while she steps back unsure of what he was going to do. Sweeney gave her a grim smirk and started to wave his hands for her to come to him.

"Now come here, my love, nothing left to fear my love what's dead, is dead."

Mrs. Lovett then looked at him in surprise, felt him grab her, and started to waltz with her. Mrs. Lovett smiled at him in hopes that he really wasnt angry with her and started to sing.

"Do you mean it? Everything I did, I swear, I thought was only for the best believe me, can we, still be, married?"

Sweeney emotionlessly stared at her as they continued the waltz, keeping his eyes completely on hers.

"The history of the world, my pet"

Mrs. Lovett then grinned at him as the continued to dance.

"Oh Mr. Todd, ooh Mr. Todd, Leave it to me"

Sweeney then continued to sing.

"Is learn forgiveness, and try, to forget"
Mrs. Lovett was now all smiles thinking that Sweeney will really forgive her and then sang.

"Don't you see, Mr. Todd, we'll be comfy cozy, you and me Mr. Todd, where there's no one nosey."

Sweeney then gave her a devious smirk knowing that Mrs. Lovett is falling for it.

"And life is for the alive, my dear so let's keep living it."

They both then sing in unison.

"Just keep living it"

Sweeney then gritted his teeth as they finally came close to the furnace. Then finally sang in unison once again.

"Really living it!"

And with that he flung Mrs. Lovett right into the furnace watching her be burned alive. He then, slammed the door shut watching her through the little window until he had enough and closed the window shut hearing her screaming and pounding on the door. Meanwhile back upstairs Azrael finally awoken and saw Johanna and a man standing over at her. Johanna gasped and quickly hugged Azrael. "Oh thank God your ok!" she said with tears rolling down her cheeks. "We thought we lost you!" Azrael gently hugged Johanna and softly whispered. "I'm alright luv, it'll take a lot more to get rid of me Where's yer father?" she asked weakly. Johanna then pulled back, tears still rolling down her cheeks. "He's downstairs." She then looked over at the Doctor who was packing all his equipment up. "The Doctor fixed you Azrael, he said that the blade didnt penetrate any organs and it just made a deep scratch so he bandaged you and injected some pain medication to ease the pain" Azrael nodded and then looked up at the Doctor. "Thank you," she whispered. The doctor nodded and gave her a warm smile. "It is no problem Mrs. Todd, yer Husband was very worried for you. However, there is something else I must tell you before I leave. And it will be a life altering thing for you, are you ready to hear it?" Azrael slowly nodded worried on what he was going to tell her but decided to hear it. "Yes I'm ready," she said worriedly has her and Johanna held hands to prepare for what the doctor was going to tell them.

Meanwhile back downstairs. Sweeney then looked back at Lucy his heart breaking once again realizing that Lucy will be gone forever and it's all his fault and that is when the thought of if Azrael ever made it through this it would be better if he was no longer there, for he would cause her the same pain he caused his wife. He then gently walked up to Lucy and stared down at her, he then dropped his blade and kneeled down, picked her up, and laid her on his lap. He felt tears welling up in his eyes now realizing that he has lost two women that he deeply cares for in one night all because of his rage and as he stared down at his beloved he couldnt help but see all the memories of he and her and baby Johanna flash through his mind. He then softly sang to his deceased wife feeling his tears roll down his cheeks

"There was a barber and his wife, and she was beautiful"

He then heard some noise come from behind him knowing that it must be Toby but ignored it knowing his fate and continued to sing.

"A foolish barber and his wife, she was his reason and his life, and she was beautiful, and she was virtuous, and he was"

He then knew Toby picked up his blade and bared his throat for Toby to slice through it, Toby was just about to until they both hear a woman shout. "NO!!!" Toby quickly grabbed Sweeney's hair and placed the blade against his neck as the saw the woman who scream weakly rush up towards them, as the woman came closer they both saw that it was Azrael. "TOBY NO PLEASE DONT KILL HIM!" she shouted, as she was finally in front of them, one arm across her stomach, as she was looking at the two them in terror. Sweeney stared at Azrael in shock and could not help but feel happy and sad at the moment. "Azzie?" he asked somehow feeling elated knowing that she's alive. Azrael had tears in her eyes and gently smiled at him. "Yes Sweeney it's me" Toby then looked up at Azrael and glared at her. "Why should I let him live Mrs. Azrael! He's done nothing but terrorize you and Mrs. Lovett! He forced you to be in a relationship with him and just now killed Mrs. Lovett by throwing her into a furnace!" Azrael had tears in her eyes as she looked at Toby pleadingly. "Toby please dont do this Mrs. Lovett deserved what she got dont you see? She lied to Mr. Todd about his wife; she made him believe that she was originally dead so she could have him for herself. And Mr. Todd never forced me into a relationship, I fell for him willingly." Toby then scoffed at her. "Please Mrs. Azrael you dont have to lie to me because you fear him, he's at my clutches right now and all I have to do is swipe this blade across his neck and he will never harm you again!"

Sweeney sighed knowing it would be the only way to give Azrael a better life. "Do it Toby." He said sternly.

Azrael's eyes widened as tears started to roll down her cheeks. "No! Please! Please dont do this! Sweeney please dont give up, you can't leave me!" Sweeney frowned knowing that Toby was still contemplating on doing the deed and then looked up at Azrael realizing how radiant she looked in the low light that the furnace was illuminating. "Azzie darling, you and Johanna would be much better off without me." Azrael then quickly shook her head. "No no we wouldnt, Sweeney you made me promise you millions of times to stay with you, please promise me that you will too I need you to!" she cried, her heart breaking before her. Toby didnt look to convince when Azrael looked at him and sneered at her. "Why do you need a murder to be in your life Mrs. Azrael? Surely you can do better without him." Azrael glared at the young boy. "I DONT HAVE TO ANSWER THAT TO YOU TOBY NOW RELEASE HIM!" She shouted. Sweeney looked up at Azrael seeing how she was trembling and wanted nothing but to hold her in his arms but he too needed to hear her reasoning, since he already knew his. "Why Azzie?" he asked in what seemed like a desperate manner. "Why do you need me here? Darling you would be so much better off"

Azrael then quickly shook her head, her tears starting to roll faster down her cheeks. "Because I love you Sweeney I love you Please How am I supposed to tell our child that the reason why you died was because you no longer wanted to live on this earth anymore?"

Sweeney's eyes widened in surprise, not only by her confession of loving him, but for confessing something that he had never expected. "Azzie you're" Azrael then nodded her head. "Yes, Sweeney I'm pregnant." Sweeney looked at her in shock, and yet was elated. "You mean we're we're having a baby?" Azrael nodded giving him a small smile. "Yes we are" Sweeney suddenly smiled at her, but then felt Toby tighten the blade across his neck. "So you raped Mrs. Azrael and the only reason why she wants you around is so you can support her, well dont worry Mrs. Azrael I'll make sure you and your child will live a happy life. I may be small but no one's going to harm you not while I'm around." He then lifted his blade up ready to swipe it across Sweeney's neck. Azrael suddenly had a look of a fear on her face. "TOBY NO!!" she shouted as the blade came mere inches from slashing Sweeney, until suddenly everyone heard a loud bang go off causing Azrael to scream.

Sweeney suddenly felt Toby move away from him and didnt even bother looking at him all he did was rush up to Azrael and wrapped his arms around her and then quickly moved back to examine her. "Did it hit you? Are you hurt?" he asked frantically as he kept examining her.

Azrael quickly shook her head as she wrapped her arms around his neck and hugged her to him. "No are you ok? It didnt hit you did it?" Sweeney quickly shook his head and then looked back to see where the bullet hit and saw Toby's body lying on the ground completely lifeless. He quickly hid Azrael's face in his chest so she wouldnt have to see feeling her crying against him and looked up to see that the shooter was Anthony.

Anthony walked down the steps holding the small pistol he carried with him to the Asylum in his hand. He gave Sweeney a determined look as he walked up closer to them and then looked down at Toby. "Sorry lad But I'm not going to let my Aunt suffer anymore heartache nor will I allow her child to live without knowing its father." He said grimly.

He then looked up at Sweeney and Azrael and softly smiled at them. "No worries, you two are safe now. However, we should get going soon, I have a cab waiting for us." Sweeney nodded and gave Anthony a small smile. "Thank you Anthony." Anthony nodded and then ran upstairs to get Johanna. Sweeney quickly looked back down at Azrael and gently pulled away from her. "Azzie?" Azrael looked up at him and softly smiled trying to wipe the tears from her eyes. "Thank God your ok! I thought I had lost you!" Sweeney softly smiled at her and hugged her closer to him. "Azzie I thought I lost you as well. Darling I love you, I love you so much. Azzie please please marry me. Let's just make this official I can't live without having you completely any longer." Azrael looked up at Sweeney and softly giggled just thrilled that he was all right but then gently nodded. "Yes Sweeney I'll marry you." Sweeney grinned at her and gently kissed her. He then placed his hand on her stomach and smirked at her as he rested his forehead against hers. "So that's why you've been placing your hands by your stomach lately." Azrael softly grinned at him and nodded. "I suppose that is why. The doctor just told me before he left." Sweeney nodded and then closed his eyes and kissed her again. "I promise you Azzie I will protect you, Johanna, and our child. Nothing will ever harm us again" Azrael smiled at him and gently nodded. "I knowI know you'll never let anything happen to us again." Sweeney then started to burst into tears clinging onto her for dear life, Lucy's death now sinking in. "She's gone Azzie, and it's all my fault! Lucy is gone because of me, I slashed her throat without a second thought and now she is gone you shouldnt want me Azzie you shouldnt want to bare my child because of me."

Azrael frowned, felt her tears starting to roll down her cheeks, and gently rubbed his back. "You didnt know darling, you didnt know. How could you have possibly? It's not your fault darling. You thought she was someone else."

Sweeney hid his face in her hair and cried even harder. "Darling you should've allowed Toby to kill me it would've been better for you."

Azrael then gently shook her head. "No it wouldnt have been better. I lost Gerry; Sweeney I couldnt live with myself if I lost you too." Sweeney sighed and slowly nodded not understanding why this amazing woman wanted him to be with him, he then looked down at her and gave her a ghost of a smile. "We should get going Anthony and Johanna are waiting for us." Azrael nodded gave him a sad smile while he then picked her up bridal style so she didnt have to walk, he then carried her up to the coach and then sat her down in the seat, while Johanna and Anthony were sitting across from him. Sweeney smiled at Azrael, softly kissed her, and then gently broke the kiss apart. "I'll be right back I need to do something before we leave." Azrael nodded and gave him a soft smiling knowing what he has to go do and watched him walk back up to his barbershop. Sweeney looked around to see his shop for one last time, he saw his glinting blades and picked them up and packed them along with his many other belongings. He then found the picture of Lucy and Johanna and couldnt help but feel his heart break once again how can a man feel horribly depressed yet completely happy at the same time? How can he feel so much in love with one woman but complete sorrow for the other? Sweeney didnt know, but he knew that it was time to put the past behind him. Even though he will never forgive himself for what he has done to his wife and still apart of him feels that he deserves to end his life for what he did to her, he knew that now he had a new family he needs to take care of. A family that he can watch over and take care of, a child he can watch grow and become what ever he or she wants. Sweeney sighed amazed that a woman like Azrael could love him, and he was amazed that a young woman like Johanna was willing to love him as well.

He then gently placed his pictures in his bag and then walked over to Azrael's room and packed all her belongings as well. He then found the picture of Gerry and Shannon she had sitting on her dresser and then gently picked it up and let out a small smile. "I promise I'll take care of her." He said softly to the picture before he packed it in with the rest of her stuff.

Once everything was packed and ready he then carried it downstairs and then walked back down into the bake-house seeing all the bodies he had to throw into the oven. Sweeney sighed and then walked over to the oven and opened the door the roaring fire still burning. He then walked over to the Judge and carried him over to the oven and then threw him in there and then picked up the Beadle and threw him in there as well. He then walked over to Toby, stared down at the young boy, and sighed. "Poor lad. Had so much to live for." He muttered and then gently carried him to the oven and threw him in there as well. Now it was finally time for Lucy. Sweeney sighed and then gently picked her up but stood there for a moment just staring at her and softly sang.

"In my darkest hours I could not foresee that the tide could turn so fast to this degree, Can't believe my eyes, how can I be so blind?"

His eyes then starts to well up in tears as he slowly walked towards the furnace.

"Is this my heart of stone, no empathy inside? Time keeps on slipping away and I havent learned, so in the end now what have I gained?"

He then thinks about Johanna, Azrael and their unborn child and gently shakes his head begging for some sort of forgiveness.

"Sanctus Espiritus, redeem me from my solemn hour, Sanctus Espiritus, insanity is all around me, Sanctus Espiritus, is this what I deserve, can I break free from chains of never-ending agony?"

He then sighed wishing he knew how to make this better holding Lucy close to him, thinking about the Judge and the Beadle.

"Are they themselves to blame, the misery, the pain? Didnt I let go, allowed it, let it grow? If I cant restrain the beast which dwells inside, it will find its way somehow, somewhere in time, Will I remember all of the suffering, cause if I fail it will be in vain."

Sweeney then closed his eyes as he walked up closer to the furnace feeling it's heat radiate against him.

"Sanctus Espiritus, redeem me from my solemn hour, Sanctus Espiritus, insanity is all around me, Sanctus Espiritus, is this what I deserve, can I break free from chains of never-ending agony?"

He then opened his eyes and stared down at her the tears still rolling down his cheeks. "Goodbye my love I'm so sorry for what I have done to you, and I know you'll never forgive me for what I have done, but I promise you Lucy I'll take care of Johanna and be the best father I can be to her I hope one day you'll forgive me my love. And I hope that one day I will see you again, even though I highly doubt it. I love you Lucy nothing will ever change that." He then started to cry even harder. "It's just I have a new family now and I have to be there for them. I hope you understand Lucy, I hope you will forgive me for falling for another woman. But she really is amazing Lucy, she has given me hope and has shown me so much that Life can be an amazing gift Even though it's too late for me to realize that now. I just want you to know that Azzie will never try to replace you as Johanna's mother, but she will love her just like her own. And I promise that Azzie will never take your place in my heart. She has her own spot but she will never take over yours. I love you Lucy Goodbye my love." And with that he gently placed her in the furnace and watched her burn.
Sweeney started to sob into tears as he watched his wife's body burn into the flames. He then gently closed the door. With his back against it, leaned his head back and then closed his eyes as tears continued to roll down his cheeks. "Goodbye." He whispered and then walked away from the furnace and then out of the room to start a whole new life, never turning back to the one he once had.

After we left London, Anthony and Sweeney thought it wise if we moved back to Ireland Yes at first I was nervous of what the people would think if I came back with a fianc and also am baring a child but to my surprise when we came back they were all very warm and greeting glad to see me back and was also very warm and sweet to Sweeney as well. I eventually ended up opening my bakery back up which gave us quite a bit of money, Sweeney ended up taking the room upstairs of my shop and turned it into a barbershop.
At first, I was worried on how Sweeney would react as a barber since he had a history of harming his patrons, but it seemed that ever since he seeked his revenged that he has, had no need to harm anyone and ended up being a very favored barber in our quaint hometown. Within two months, Sweeney and I married and our happy family has started to blossom even more. Anthony and Johanna also lived with us and also seemed to have been growing closer. Sweeney and I talked to Anthony regarding Johanna and asked of him to wait on marriage since they barely known each other. Anthony eventually agreed after many heated discussions from him and Sweeney and ended up realizing that it was too soon. I eventually ended up seeing Gerry's friends again and they all gave me their approval of Sweeney and has told me that they all felt that he was a good man.
Sweeney was worried at first of meeting with my late husbands friends, but eventually started feeling relaxed around them when they all were joking around with him and started talking of old stories of what I and Gerry were like when we were children. Sweeney couldnt help but smile over the thought of me being a little girl and was insistent on seeing some photos of me. We ended up buying a nice home when we came here and as soon as we had bought our house, I ended up showing Sweeney my old one I was worried on how he'd react to see it and I was right to worry, since when we came to my old home it was still the same as I left it. The blood still stained the walls and everything was still in place the only difference that was placed on my old home was that they boarded up the windows. Sweeney was enraged to see this, and wished nothing more than to do something to the whole authority force who did this to me and Gerry, but I told him that my revenge was settled and there was nothing we should ever worry about anymore.
I ended up taking a few things that meant very dearly to me from my old home, since the first time I left I couldnt lug them along. Sweeney had been nothing but extremely protective of me and Johanna, and felt that if anyone was threatening either of us that he was intimidate them as well as he could. And trust me Sweeney is very intimidating Our family has been living very well and as soon as the townspeople found out I was pregnant they were even more thrilled to see that my husband and me were so very much in love. Sweeney's cold demeanor eventually started to deteriorate and seemed to actually be even more open with the people. I had to admit at first people were intimidated by him, as I said earlier he's very intimidating, but once they eventually started to speak with him, they all realized what a good person he really is.
We never told Johanna of what had happened to her mother or what her father has done and felt that it was best for Johanna to never know what went on with the Demon Barber of Fleet Street. It has been nine months since we have moved back to Ireland and my belly has been growing bigger and bigger by the months. I eventually ended up having some of the townspeople's wives come in and help me or bring me things to help make the pregnancy easier. However, today has been a very rough day for me I for some reason have been having stomach pains and figured that it was just something else; Sweeney has been very persistent that I take it easy today, but knowing my stubbornness and me, I did not listen and continued working.
But as I was sweeping the floor from another long days of work and suddenly felt a puddle beneath my shoes, my eyes widened in shock and dropped the broom and called for my husband. "SWEENEY!" I shouted, hearing my husband rush down the stairs and rush up to me. "What is it! Are you hurt!?! What's wrong!?!?" He asked worriedly, as I scrunched my face up in pain. "No! Sweeney I think I'm in labor!" Sweeney stared at me in shock as he placed his hands on my shoulders. "how do you know?!?" he asked me knowing that it was a stupid question but I knew it was because he's never been through this since Johanna so I patiently gasped and held onto my stomach as he was holding onto me, I then looked up into his eyes seeing his pure concern and gently said. "My water broke."
Sweeney I could've sworn was about to faint that very moment. However, I was completely wrong Sweeney quickly reacted by picking me up bridal style and carried me up to our room. He then summoned Johanna and told her to go retrieve the midwife while I was crying out in pain. Sweeney quickly helped me into my nightgown and held my hand as every contraction decided to come, Johanna finally came back with the midwife who was completely prepared and was about to shoo off Sweeney until I begged her for him to stay.
The midwife looked at me with distaste and shook her head.
"Mrs. Todd it's not appropriate for your husband to be here when the baby comes." She said to me hotly.
I couldnt help but glare at the woman, who was she to tell me that my husband couldnt be here to see our child come into this world? So I then hotly said "Well I dont care what's proper or not! I want my husband here!"
The midwife frowned at me. "But Mrs. Todd" she was then cut off by my Husband who was obviously irritated by the woman.
"If you dont mind I'd like to be here with my wife and if she requests my presence then that is what we'll have."
I then noticed the very chilling look smother his face while he gave her a very grim smile as he tilted his head to the side. "Do we have an understanding?" I could tell that the midwife was very nervous by my husband and then gently nodded her head.
"Yes Sir I understand."
As the hours went by, the baby was coming closer and closer to this world. Johanna ran off to tell Anthony the news and quickly came to our house. I felt my contractions coming closer and closer and knew that Sweeney was very nervous. I could always tell when something was wrong with him, for he was had a look on his face that showed his emotions. I gently squeezed his hand in reassurance, Sweeney quickly looked over at me in surprise and gave he a small yet warm smile and started to chuckle. "Here you are having my child and yet your trying to show me reassurance." I couldnt help but laugh knowing that it is true and then softly shook my head. "Darling I have nothing to worry about and neither should you." Sweeney nodded at me while he watched the Midwife was preparing herself. "I just dont want anything to happen to you or the baby." He said softly to me with fear in his eyes. I couldnt help but smile at him and gently squeeze his hand once again. "Darling please dont worry." Sweeney sighed and was about to say something to me but wasnt able to since the midwife had cut him off. "Alright Mrs. Todd it is time." I quickly looked over at the Midwife and nodded feeling another contraction taking over me. "Alright Mrs. Todd on the count of three I want you to push" I once again gently nodded my head and listened for her. "Alright 1 2 3 PUSH!" I then quickly squeezed Sweeney's hand and started to push, screaming from this feeling, I pushed has hard as I could and quickly leaned back. I then heard her tell me to push again and once again I did I pushed with all my might feeling the baby coming out. I was again leaned back into my bed, knowing full and well that I might have, broke Sweeney's hand.
But instead hearing him yell all I heard was nothing but calm and soothing words coming out of his lips. "Alright Mrs. Todd just one more push and your baby will be here." I gently nodded feeling completely exhausted and then once again pushed with all my might and screamed squeezing the life out of Sweeney's hand and then collapsed from exhaustion hearing a baby cry.
Normal POV:
As Azrael was lying on the bed, exhausted from giving birth. Sweeney couldnt help but stare at the little child that was being bundled up in a warm blanket. The midwife smiled at Sweeney and Azrael and gently walked up towards them holding their child in her hands. "Mr. and Mrs. Todd I'd like to introduce you both to your new baby girl." She then handed the baby to Sweeney who looked terrified at first but gently held his sweet daughter in his arms. He then sat down on the bed beside Azrael who had tears in her eyes as she and Sweeney started at their baby girl.
"My God she is so beautiful."
He whispered staring at their child and then looked back at his wife and gave her a warm passionate kiss. Azrael giggled as she gently broke the kiss and saw that their girl had dark brown hair but stunningly blue eyes, she then gently caressed their daughters rosy cheek and smiled as the tears started rolling down her cheeks. "She's more than beautiful she's an angel," she whispered. Sweeney nodded having the hugest grin on his face as he stared at their georgeous child, he then looked over at Azrael now feeling the tears starting to form in his eyes. "Thank you." he whispered, Azrael giggled and gently shook her head. "Dont thank me. You had a part in this." Sweeney nodded giving her a warm smile and gently pecked her on the lips. "I love you so much Azrael." Azrael smiled as she rested her forehead against his. "I love you too Sweeney."
Just then, they both then heard the midwife ask. "So what are you two going to name your child?" she asked as she pulled out the birth certificates. Azrael and Sweeney havent really decided what they wanted to name their child, since they didnt know what the child was going to be and decided to do it in the spiel of the moment. "What should we name her my darling wife?" Sweeney asked as he watched her lay her head on his shoulder obviously very exhausted. Azrael smiled up at him and then placed a soft kiss on his shoulder. "Why dont you name her darling?" Sweeney looked at her at surprise, then quickly looked at the sleeping baby, and then back at his wife.
"You want me to, to name her?"
Azrael nodded giving him a warm smile. "Anything you'd name our child would be beautiful my love." She whispered. Sweeney nodded amazed that his wife would actually ask of him something that would be the most amazing decision in their child's life. However, as he stared at their daughter the name suddenly decided to come fly right into his mind. "Alright how about Alexandra Marie Todd?" Azrael looked up at Sweeney tiredly but with a warm grin on her face. "I think that is an absolutely beautiful name." Sweeney grinned at his wife, gave her a very warm kiss, and noticed from her exhaustion that once he broke the kiss she was sound asleep. Sweeney chuckled as he gently laid his wife onto the pillows and gave her, her needed rest. He then looked over at the midwife and told her their new daughter's name. The midwife smiled and then gently wrote down the name and the parents names and then took her leave.
Once she was gone, Sweeney gently rose up from the bed holding his beautiful new daughter and introduced her to her new sister and cousin. Johanna and Anthony were thrilled to see the new baby and were completely excited to have a new addition into the family. Sweeney then decided it was time to lay Alexandra down for bed and gently laid her down in her crib as he watched his daughter sleep, he couldnt help but smile and gently caress her cheek. "Welcome to the world my little Angel. We have been waiting for you." he whispered feeling tears forming in his eyes, amazed that after all that has happened he had managed to find love, and was able to produce a child into this world. Some would say he would never deserve this life, even he never thought in a million years would he ever.
However, here he was, a new father, a new husband, a new man and that is what made Sweeney's heart swell with even more love than he recently had. He then felt two warm arms wrap around his waist and felt a head lay on his back. "Is she sleeping?" he heard his wife whisper. Sweeney gently nodded as he wrapped an arm around her waist as she stared down at the crib, could not help but have a huge grin, and started to laugh and cry at the same time.
"Our baby Sweeney she's really ours"
Sweeney nodded and gave her a soft kiss on her forehead.
"Our creation."
He whispered. Azrael then looked up at him as tears rolled down on her cheeks. "Thank you thank you for giving me this child, thank you for loving me and giving me a second change in this world. If it wasnt for you none of this would have happened." Sweeney stared at his wife in surprise and quickly shook his head. "No luv if it wasnt for you I would never be living. You gave me life Azrael; you gave me so much that I can't tell you how much it means to me. Darling youre my whole entire world, you, Alexandra and Johanna are my whole entire world. Thank you for loving me, and bare my child. Thank you for showing me that there is more to life than revenge and hatred. For that my love I will be forever grateful." Azrael smiled at Sweeney and gently kissed him and then placed her hand in his and started to pull him out of the nursery. "Come love let's go to bed." Sweeney nodded and followed his wife out of the room knowing that now and forever he will be the most grateful and the most happiest man in the world for life has now gave him a second chance and he'd be damned well stupid not to take it. For he knows that this life was not a dream it was reality and now he finally has a second chance a chance to love, a chance to be a father and most of all a chance to live.
Love is patient; love is kind; love is not envious or boastful or arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice in wrongdoing, but rejoices in the truth. It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
Revenge can be bittersweet, it can give you an euphoria for so long but as the warmth of good feeling falters the only thing that can show you real light into this world is love for if there was no love, than there is no life. Love will show you the world for yet Revenge is sweet but not nourishing. But the biggest sacrifice is willing to let your heart out and allow it to live allow it to love.