Sweeny Todd

5

It was a typical afternoon at the shop, which meant it was excruciatingly slow. Azrael was starting to get tired of no one coming in but she figured that maybe she can make some new grand opening signs and post them around town, so that way people will know that they have something new to offer. Meanwhile as Azrael was busy dusting the room she heard a crash coming from upstairs, Azrael sighed knowing that Mr. Todd was probably having one of his tantrums and decided to go check up on it. Once she ran up the stairs, she saw Mr. Todd muttering irritably about how Beadle has not shown yet to Mrs. Lovett. Azrael sighed and slowly walked in hearing their conversation going on while their backs were to her, while she was slowly walking towards them she noticed that Mr. Todd has a new barber chair in his shop. "It's not much of a chair, but it'll do till you get your fancy new one. It was me poor Albert's chair, it was. Sat in it all day long he did, after his leg give out from the dropsy." She then surveyed the room and noticed Azrael walking in. "Oh! Dear there you are! Dont you think it is kinda bare in this room? I never did like a bare room. Oh, well, we'll find some nice little knickknacks." Azrael then shrugged her shoulders and looked around the room "I suppose it could brighten up the place a bit." She said softly as she walked up right next to them. She noticed that Sweeney was completely ignoring the idea and then gently placed her hand on top of his shoulder "Mr. Todd what's goin on in tha mind of yours?" she asked softly getting him to turn to look at her. "Why doesnt the beadle come? Before the week is out. Thats what he said." Azrael shrugged and gave him a reassuring smile. "And who says the week's out yet? It's only Tuesday." Mr. Todd sighed and started to restlessly pace back and forth around the room, Azrael then walked up right in front of him and forced him to stop his pacing by placing her hands on his shoulders "Easy now, Hush, love, hush, don't distress yourself, what's your rush? Keep your thoughts Nice and lush, Wait. Hush, love, hush, Think it through. Once it bubbles, then what's to do? Watch it close. Let it brew. Wait." She sang softly and gave him a faint smile causing Sweeney to relax a bit. Just then Mrs. Lovett walked up next to them and gently pulled on Sweeney's arm pulling him away from Azrael as she sang, "I've been thinkin' flowers, Maybe daisies, To brighten up the room! Don't you think some flowers, Pretty daisies, Might relieve the gloom? Ah, wait, Love, wait." Sweeney then growled and ripped his arm away from her obviously really ticked off that Beadle has not came yet "And the judge and the governor? When will I get to them?" he muttered irritably. Mrs. Lovett then frowned and started to glare at him sick of him constantly talking about his plan. "Can't you think of nothin' else? Always broodin' away on your wrongs what happened heaven knows how many years ago!" she stated in a frustrated tone. Azrael frowned and slowly walked up to them as she placed her hand on Sweeney's shoulder "Mrs. Lovett you have to understand what has happened to Mr. Todd is a very traumatic experience. Be a little understanding to the man." She said softly trying not to start anything. The last thing she needed to deal with at this moment was them two fighting, Sweeney was obviously really irritated and did not want to hear anyone complaining about his actions at this moment. Sweeney then quickly moved away from Azrael and started to pace again; Azrael sighed and gently clamped her hands together and watched him pace while Mrs. Lovett was standing there with her arms crossed and obviously really irritated with the fact that Azrael had to put her two cents in. How was it that this man will listen to her while she was the one who was willing to do everything to help him? She didn't know but she knew that it seemed that their friendship was becoming much closer. Just then she heard Azrael sing again "Slow, love, slow. Time's so fast. Now goes quickly, see now its past! Soon will come, Soon will last. Wait." Azrael then walked back up to him and placed her hands on his shoulders again to get him to stop pacing and make him become calmer "Don't you know, Silly man? Half the fun is to Plan the plan! All good things come to those who can wait." Sweeney sighed and finally calmed down by just looking straight into Azrael's eyes. Azrael smiled at this and was about to say something until Mrs. Lovett moved in between them and started to change the subject. "Gillyflowers, maybe, 'Stead of daisies... I dunno though...What do you think?" Sweeney sighed and then slowly nodded not caring about flowers at the moment. "Yes." He said docilely. Mrs. Lovett smiled at this while Azrael was rolling her eyes and noticed Mrs. Lovett ran her hands down Mr. Todd's chest and continued to speak "Gillyflowers, I'd say. Nothing like a nice bowl of gillies." Azrael sighed figuring to just let it be, she definitely didnt want to be apart of this triangle and was about to walk out of the room until the she heard the bell ring, just then a boy who is probably 15 then starts running up the stairs. The effect on Mr. Todd was electric. And even Mrs. Lovett, was affected by his tension. She then hastily gives him his razor. While the boy bursts in enthusiastically, once Azrael received a good look at the boy her jaw dropped in shock and started to walk up closer to him while she and Mr. Todd spoke in unison "Anthony?" Mr. Todd looked over at her completely confused, while Anthony looked over at Azrael and had a huge grin on his face and rushed up to hug her "Aunt Azrael!" Azrael giggled and hugged her nephew back for she was so thrilled to see him. "Anthony! Look how much you have grown! Bugger the last time I saw ya you were a wee lad!" Anthony chuckled and released his hold on his aunt and smiled at her "and look at you Auntie Azzie! You are looking mighty well! I heard about what happened to Uncle Gerry and Shannon my deepest sympathies to ya." Azrael smiled at him and started to ruffle his hair as she always did when she saw the young boy. "It's alright my dear. I'm starting to learn to move on and realize that they're never coming back." Anthony frowned and gave her a hopeful look "well you know you can always come sailing with me! I'll take care of you!" Azrael chuckled at this and slowly shook her head "as wonderful as tha sounds luv. You know how I am when I come near boats or ships for tha matter I won't be able to last for a day!" Anthony chuckled and nodded. "Well you are right about tha!" as the two were about to continue speaking they both were cut off by Mr. Todd "what the bloody ell is going on!?" he growled obviously irritated with the fact that they gave him no information on how they knew each other. Anthony then looked over at Mr. Todd and smiled at him "Mr. Todd. I have paced Fleet Street a dozen times with no success. But now the sign! In business already?" Mr. Todd glared and him but nodded. "Yes. Now tell me how do you know Azrael?" Azrael giggled at his protectiveness and gently walked up next to Anthony and placed her hands on his shoulder "Mr. Todd, Anthony is my nephew. You see my sister and brother-in-law had a son and named him Anthony well after a couple of years ago Anthony's parents passed away so Gerry and I took him in for a while. Well as soon as Anthony grew older, his passion for being a sailor grew as well and that is when he became who he is today. So Mr. Todd I like to introduce you to my nephew Anthony Fallon" Sweeney then arched his brow and walked up to them, examining the two to make sure there was a little resemblance which there was. He then gently placed his hands behind his back and stared at them "so I take it Anthony is the only family you have left am I correct Mrs. Rowena?" Azrael gave Sweeny a small smile and nodded. "Yes Mr. Todd, he's all I have left." Sweeney nodded and looked down at the boy "well then. I would like to inform you Anthony that your Aunt is being searched for by Governor Turpin, which is why she is here. So, when you're out on the streets I want your ears to stay completely open. And I'm sure I can trust you on such a task because I hardly believe that you would want to put your aunt at risk." Anthony then quickly shook his head and gave him a warm smile "Dont worry Mr. Todd; My Auntie Azzie is safe with me!" Mr. Todd nodded and then cleared his throat "good. Now what is it that you really truly came here for?" Anthony looked at him for a second completely forgetting why he did come here for, but then immediately remembered "Oh! Mr. Todd, I have so much to tell you. I have found the fairest and most loving maid that any man could dream of! Yet there are problems. She has a guardian so tyrannical that she is kept shut up from human eye. But now this morning this key fell from her shuttered window." He then pulled out the key to show them. Mrs. Lovett gently moved closer to them, while Anthony looked up at her with a confused look on his face. Mrs. Lovett sighed figuring no one is going to introduce her so she introduced herself "Mrs. Lovett." She said irritably. Anthony then nodded at her and gave her a half smile "Pleasure ma'am" he then looked back at Mr. Todd and Azrael and smiled "I believe that this is the surest sign that Johanna loves me and" he was then cut off by Mrs. Lovett "Joanna?" she said in shock, while Mr. Todd and Azrael looked completely surprised. Anthony then quickly nodded and continued telling them what he had to tell them. "That's her name, ma'am, and the Turpin that of the abominable parent. A Judge for that matter, actually, I think he is Governor Turpin's cousin come to think of it. But, as I said, a monstrous tyrant. Oh Mr. Todd, Aunt Azzie once the Judge has gone to court, I'll slip into the house and plead with her to fly with me tonight. Yet when I have her, where can I bring her till I have hired a coach to speed us home to Plymouth? Oh Aunt Azzie, if I could lodge her here just for an hour or two!" Azrael sighed and looked back at Mr. Todd who still looked completely shocked. She then looked back at Anthony and gave him a warm smile "Bring her, dear." Anthony smiled at her and rushed up and hugged her tightly "Oh thank you, thank you, Aunt Azzie!" he then pulls away from her and looks over at Mr. Todd who started pacing again. "I have your consent, Mr. Todd?" Sweeney then finally stopped and did not say a word. All he did was just simply nod; Anthony was so thrilled by the older man's consent and quickly shook his hand "I shall be grateful for this to the grave. Now I must hurry, for surely the Judge is off to the Old Bailey." He said turning towards the door, Azrael smiled and then walked up next to him "I'll walk you down luv." Anthony smiled at her and then looked back at Mr. Todd and Mrs. Lovett "My thanks! A thousand blessings on you both!" he said excitedly as he and Azrael walked down the stairs. Once they were gone, Sweeney then started to pace again. Mrs. Lovett grinned at Mr. Todd and clasped her hands together "Johanna! Who'd have thought it! It's like Fate, isn't it? You'll have her back before the day is out." Mr. Todd then glared at her still pacing back and forth like a panther that is locked up in a cage. "For a few hours? Before he carries her off to the other end of England?" Mrs. Lovett then walked up to him and placed her hands on his shoulders to stop him from walking, and forced him to look at her. "Oh, that sailor! Let him bring her here and then, since you're so hot for a little" she then makes a throat-cutting gesture... "That's the throat to slit, dear. Oh Mr. T, we'll make a lovely home for her. You and me. The poor thing! All those years and not a scrap of motherly affection! I'll soon change that, I will, for if ever there was a maternal heart, it's mine. And that way Mrs. Rowena can eventually leave since we won't have enough room for her to stay here but I'm sure she won't mind!" Mr. Todd sighed and then walked up towards the window to see Pirelli with Toby outside talking to Azrael; Mr. Todd clenched his fists with his knuckles turning white as he watched the man flirt with her. Why did he care? He didnt know maybe it was because she was so much like him that he cared for what had happened to her, but who knew. Meanwhile down the stairs were Azrael, Toby and Pirelli conversing. "Yesa my dear I musta say you are definitely a spit fire." Azrael rolled her eyes obviously very irritated with the man before her "so I've heard. Are you here for any such reason Mr. Pirelli?" Pirelli then smirked at her and gently took her hand and kissed it. "Other than seeing sucha fine beauty as you? What ever other reason would I have?" Azrael glared at Pirelli and quickly ripped her hand away from him. "If you dont mind sir I'd appreciate it if you would stop being so forward. Now if you were here to see Mr. Todd he would be upstairs. Here I will show you." and with that she walked up the stairs with him following her, once they walked into Mr. Todd's shop, Pirelli then started to chuckle "it's always the lasses who plays hard to get who are the most rewarding to have." he said with a conniving smirk on his face. Azrael glared at the man and full frontally slapped him across the face, causing his head to swing to the side. Pirelli then quickly looked back at her in shock as he saw the fiery woman have her arms crossed and was glaring at him "dare to speak that way to me again and I will do more than just slapping ya. Ya understand?" Pirelli then quickly nodded and watched the woman storm past him and looked back at a very amused Mr. Todd and a surprised Mrs. Lovett. "If you two need me I'll be downstairs." She said softly as she opened the door and left. Once she was gone, Pirelli looked back at Mr. Todd and Mrs. Lovett and gave out chuckle for being embarrassed. "Women! Ya never knowa what kind you will meet. One day they can be angels the next day they can be beasts from hell." He then winked at Mr. Todd. "But usually thatsa how I like them!" He then flamboyantly bowed to them and gave them an arrogant smile "Mr. Todd" he then looked over at Mrs. Lovett and smiled as well. "And to you, bellissima signorina." he muttered as he took her hand and kissed it. Mrs. Lovett then smiled at the man as she gently took her hand away. "Well, 'ow do you do, signer, I'm sure." Pirelli smirked at her as he stood fully up "A little business with Mr. Todd, signora. Perhaps if you will give the permission?" Mrs. Lovett then quickly nodded her head "Oh yes, indeed, I'll just pop on down to my pies." She then looked over at Toby "Oh lawks, look at it now! Don't look like it's had a kind word since half past never!" she said smiling at him "What would you say, son, to a nice juicy meat pie, eh? Your teeth is strong, I hope?" Toby then gave her a hesitant look but then gently nodded. "Oh yes, ma'am." Mrs. Lovett's smile then grew even bigger and then gently took his hand. "Then come with me, love." And with that, she and Toby left the room leaving Mr. Todd and Pirelli alone together. Pirelli then looked over at Mr. Todd who had his arms crossed and was glaring at him. Pirelli smirked at this and started to walk up closer to Mr. Todd. "Mr. Todd." He muttered, Sweeney sighed but continued to glare at him. "Signore Pirelli." Pirelli then smirked at the man before him and started to speak in an Irish accent. "Ow, call me Danny, Daniel O'Higgins' the name when it's not perfessional." He then looks around the shop "Not much, but I imagine you'll pretty it up a bit." He then held out his hand "I'd like me five quid back, ifn ya don't mind." Mr. Todd then arched his brow at the man before him and continued to stare at him. "Why?" Pirelli then shrugged his shoulders still having his conniving grin on his face. "It'll hold me over till your customers start coming. Then it's half your profits you'll hand over to me every week on a Friday, share and share alike. All right Mr. Benjamin Barker?" Mr. Todd then arched his brow at the man and continued to give him his emotionless stare. "Why do you call me that?" he asked. Meanwhile back down at the shop Toby was eating one of Mrs. Lovett's pies while Azrael was busy making dough. Mrs. Lovett smiled at the boy and started to play with his gold locks "At least you've got a nice full head of hair on you." Toby then scrunched up his face and then looked up at her "Well, ma'am, to tell the truth, ma'am" He then reaches up and pulls off the "locks" which are a wig, revealing his own short-cropped hair "gets awful 'ot." Mrs. Lovett and Azrael stared at each other in surprise while the boy continued to eat his pie. Meanwhile back up in Mr. Todd's shop, Pirelli starts to stroll over to the washstand, picks up the razor, and flicks it open. "You don't remember me. Why should you? I was just a down and out Irish lad you hired for a couple of weeks, sweeping up hair and such like." He then holds up razor "but I remember these and you. Benjamin Barker later transported to Botany Bay for life. I also remember the young lass. Azrael Rowena her name is, stunning thing she is I will give you that. I know the governor will pay a hefty price to have his fianc back in his arms. So, Mr. Todd is it a deal or do I run down the street for me pal beadle Bamford and let him know that not only are you Benjamin Barker but are keeping Azrael hostage in your shop?" he said snidely noticing that Sweeney hasnt moved nor has spoken a word but just continued to stare at him. Pirelli then had enough and nastily started to sing "You t'ink-a you smart, you foolish-a boy. Tomorrow you start In my-a employ! You unner-a-stan'? You like-a my plan." Once again he hits his high note, and once again he is interrupted by Mr. Todd taking a tea kettle and slamming it against his face causing Pirelli to fall down to the ground. Mr. Todd then stood over Pirelli and then continued to slam the teakettle into his face. Meanwhile down in Mrs. Lovett's shop they all heard a huge crashing sound go on upstairs and quickly looked up a the ceiling. Toby then gasped and then quickly jumped out of his seat "Oh gawd, he's got an appointment with his tailor. If he's late and it's my fault you don't know him!" he stated frantically as he started to run up for the stairs, Azrael's eyes winded and quickly ran after him "Toby! Wait! Dont go up there!" she shouted. Toby then shouted "Signer! It's late! The tailor, sir" he then opened the door with Azrael hot on his tail and looked around to only see Mr. Todd pouring some tea with his teakettle, Azrael then grabbed Toby and turned him around to face her "Toby! You dont just go rushing in to peoples rooms like that!" Toby then frowned and looked around the room. "But the tailor! Ow, he ain't here?" Mr. Todd then strode towards the boy with his cup of tea in his hand. "Signor Pirelli has been called away." Toby then frowned and gave him a hopeful look. "Where did he go?" he asked softly, Sweeney then shrugged his shoulders "He didn't say. You'd better run after him." He said in a very forced friendly tone. Azrael arched her brow at the man but then walked up to him and took his cup "ere I'll take tha, it's gonna spill if ya keep holdin it tha way." Sweeney then smirked at her as she took his cup and placed it right next to the teakettle. The boy frowned at Mr. Todd and then gently shook his head "Oh no, sir. Knowing him, sir, without orders to the contrary, I'd best wait for him here." He then crosses to the chest and sits down on it, perilously near Pirelli's hand, which he doesn't notice. Mr. Todd at this moment does, however. Suddenly he is all nervous smiles and noticed that Azrael never walked back up next to him, he then gently turned around and saw her staring at the chest in shock. Sweeney inwardly cussed to himself for allowing her in the room but then quickly turned to the boy and continued to smile at him. "So Mrs. Lovett gave you a pie, did she, my lad?" The boy then quickly nodded and gave him a small smile. "Oh yes, sir. She's a real kind lady. Just like Mrs. Rowena there! One whole pie." He says while his hand moves very close to Pirelli's hand, Azrael then quickly spoke up before the boy can get any closer to the chest. "Why don't you run downstairs and wait for your master there? There'll be another pie in it for you, I'm sure. And tell Mrs. Lovett to give you a nice big tot of gin." She said softly trying to get the boy out of the room. The boy then grinned at Azrael "Thanking you, thanking you kindly. Gin! You're a Christian indeed" he said happily and then quickly ran out of the room. Once the boy was gone, Sweeney then gently turned to look back at her, Azrael just continued to stand there and stare at the chest. Sweeney sighed and slowly moved towards her "Azrael." He said softly but as soon as he said her name she immediately ran out of the room and into hers hearing Sweeney shout for her. "AZRAEL!" Azrael then quickly pulled out her bag and started packing, just then her door slammed open causing her to scream and turn to see Mr. Todd at her door. Azrael panicked and quickly took her shoe and threw it at him. "Get Out!" she shouted. Sweeny ignored her and started to storm towards her causing her to become very scared and started to back up against the wall "Mr. Todd Leave!" she shouted, Sweeney ignored her again and pinned her against the wall his arms on either side of her and stared at her with a very stern look on his face. "I'm not leaving until you hear my reasoning." Azrael tried to push him away from her but he would not budge "I'm not listening to your reasoning Mr. Todd! You killed an Innocent man! Now if you excuse me!" Sweeney growled and pushed her against the wall pinning her arms against her sides. "NO!" he shouted. "No! You are not leaving! You are staying here!" Azrael glared at him wishing she could hit him. "TO HELL I AM! I'm getting the bloody hell out of here!" she shouted as she tried to fighting out of his hold, Sweeney sighed and pushed her into the wall again. "No you are not! Azrael that man was blackmailing us!" Azrael then glared at him and stopped fighting figuring she won't break free from his grasp. "It doesnt matter! If he was blackmailing you then settle it another way! You didnt have to kill the bloody man!" Mr. Todd then sighed and bowed his head. "He was going to turn you in" Azrael then arched her brow at him. "What?" Sweeney then quickly looked up at her with sadness in his eyes. "He was going to turn you in Azrael. He recognized you from his old days in Ireland and was going to tell the Governor that I took you as my hostage." Azrael's eyes then widened in surprise. "But it doesnt condone you to kill a man Mr. Todd!" Sweeney then glared at her and started to squeeze her arms tightly because his anger was rising "AND WHAT DID YOU EXPECT ME TO DO AZRAEL!? ALLOW HIM TO TURN YOU IN ALLOW HIM TO BLACKMAIL ME OF MY EARNINGS! WHAT DO YOU HONESTLY THINK IS GOING TO HAPPEN WITH THE JUDGE AND THE GOVERNOR! HOW ELSE DO YOU EXPECT US TO FULFILL OUR REVENGE!?" Azrael then started to cry from the pain he was giving her causing him to stop squeezing her arms and released her. Once he released her she then forcefully shoved him away from her "I dont believe in killing people to fulfill my revenge Mr. Todd! I believe in doing the right thing!" Mr. Todd then glared at her "Azrael what do you think is the right thing!?! Putting them in jail!? Well I hate to break it to you luv but what would happen if they get out of jail hmm? What if the Governor comes after you!? What you are you bloody going to do!? Are you going to defend yourself from him!?" Azrael then glared at him and quickly pushed past him and started to open her drawers and pull out her clothing "I won't have to defend myself to him because I won't be here!" Sweeney then growled and pulled her away from her bag and forced her to face him "you are not leaving" he said grimly. Azrael glared at him and shoved him away from her. "YES I AM, I WILL NOT STAND FOR THIS CRAZINESS!" she shouted, Sweeney then stood in front of her door and crossed his arms glaring at her. "You are staying! And that's it, enough with this tantrum of yours!" Azrael then glared at him having enough of him trying to fight with her on this, "WHAT DOES IT MATTER TO YOU!?! YOU DO NOT HAVE TO PROTECT ME! I CAN BLOODY TAKE CARE OF MYSELF; AFTER MY HUSBAND DIED, I CAME HERE ON MY OWN! I DO NOT NEED ANYONE, AND MOST OF ALL I DO NOT NEED A MURDER TO PROTECT ME! SO GIVE ME A BLOODY REASON WHY I SHOULD STAY AND ALLOW THIS CHAOS TO CONTINUE!" Sweeney then growled out of frustration from this woman and started to slowly walk towards her "YOU WANT ME TO GIVE YOU A REASON!?! IS THAT WHAT YOU WANT!?! A DAMN REASON!?!?" he shouted, Azrael then nodded her fists clenched. "YES! GIVE ME A DAMN REASON WHY I SHOULD STAY HERE!" she shouted noticing that he is now closer to her. Sweeney then gritted his teeth "FINE! I'LL GIVE YOU YOURE DAMN REASON," he shouted and with that, he slammed her against the wall and kissed her passionately. Azrael was in complete shock from the kiss but at the same time it felt so good and she could not help but kiss him back. Sweeney then wrapped his arms around her waist and continued to kiss her, as his tongue gently licked her bottom lip, Azrael then openly obliged and opened her mouth to allow his tongue dominate hers. As the kiss became more needy and passionate, Azrael's mind then started to send off the alarm telling her to stop. Azrael then gently pushed Sweeney off her and looked up at him giving him an apologetic look. "Mr. Todd we can't" she said softly. Sweeney frowned at this and then gently kissed her forehead. "It can work and it's Sweeney luv." Azrael then quickly shook her head feeling the tears starting to well up in her eyes. "It can't. Sweeney, I mean Mr. Todd. Think of Lucy" she said softly, Sweeney sighed and gently kissed her on the lips and then descended his lips down to her neck and started to kiss her neck softly. "Azrael Lucy is gone and she is never coming back" he then gently kissed her neck again and then looked up into her eyes and gave her a serious look "no matter how hard I try to think about her Azrael I keep coming back to the same conclusion she's not coming back just like Gerry isnt coming back" Azrael sighed and then gently looked away from him. "I can't do this it's too soon!" she said softly, Sweeney sighed, took his fingertip, and placed it under her chin and forced her to look back at him "I know your hurting Azrael I am hurting as well. Let us heal together eh. Let us mend our broken hearts and make one whole." Azrael sighed and then moved away from him, now placing her clothes back into her bag. "Sweeney it would be just better if I left. You're confused, you have to be!" Sweeney then shook his head and walked up to her, placed his hands on her arms, and then gently placed his lips next to her ear. "It wouldnt be better if you left Azrael. You are the only thing that is holding me together." He then turns her around and stares down at her no amusement on his face, nothing but sincerity. He then gently leaned down and whispered in her ear as he wrapped his arms around her waist. "Please stay I need you here" Azrael frowned and slowly turned around in his arms to face him and looked up into his eyes. "Why are you doing this?" she asked softly. Sweeney then gave her a grim smirk and then took her bag and threw it on the floor and then pushed her onto her bed "because I can" he muttered as he climbed over her and started to kiss her. Sweeney gently wrapped his arms around her waist as he continued to kiss her, he then gently placed his hand under the hem of her dress and grazed his fingertips up against her thigh loving the feeling of her warm flesh against his hand. Azrael then gently wrapped her arms around his neck to deepen the kiss. Sweeney was now between her legs and placed his other hand on her other thigh and pushed her dress up so her thighs were visible. Sweeney loved the feeling of her beneath him and could not help but want to do nothing but constantly have her in his embrace, he then gently started to kiss her jaw and then moved his fiery kisses down to her neck and softly whispered "Azrael" Azrael gasped from his kisses and could not help but to succumb to him. As their make out session was growing deeper, they both end up hearing someone climbing up the stairs. Sweeney then gently moved away from Azrael and sighed. "bloody woman." He muttered as he rose up from the bed and helped pulled Azrael up. Azrael sat there staring at him in shock, and still in a daze of what just recently happened. Sweeney smirked at this and then gently placed his hands on her sides and kissed her once again, Azrael was completely entranced by this man and could not help but give in to his kisses but Mrs. Lovett calling for Mr. Todd interrupting them both. Mr. Todd sighed and gently released Azrael and pulled her along with him. "Come luv, let's see what Mrs. Lovett wants." Azrael slowly nodded and followed Mr. Todd out of her room and into his. Sweeney opened the door to his room and found Mrs. Lovett walking around looking for him. "Mr. T? ya around?" she asked as she sat down on the chest. Sweeney then walked in to his room with Azrael behind him, when Mrs. Lovett looked up she smiled. "Oh! There ya are luv! How long before the Eyetalian gets back?" Sweeney stared down at the chest she was sitting on and shrugged his shoulders as he walked up towards his box of razors. "He won't be back." He simply stated. Mrs. Lovett then gasped and quickly rose up from the chest. "Now, Mr. T., you didn't!" Mr. Todd then nods toward the chest. For a moment she stands looking at the chest, then, gingerly, she lifts the lid. She gazes down, and then spins to Todd. "You're barking mad! Killing a man wot done you no harm? And the boy downstairs?" Mr. Todd shrugged and then turned to look back at her "He recognized me and Azrael from the old days. He tried to blackmail me, half my earnings forever." Mrs. Lovett then looked satisfied with his answer and shrugged. "Oh well, that's a different matter! What a relief, dear! For a moment I thought you'd lost your marbles." She then turns to peer down again into the chest" Ooh! All that blood! Enough to make you come all over gooseflesh, ain't it. Poor bugger. Oh, well!" She then starts to close the lid, sees something, bends to pick it up. This turns out to be Pirelli's purse and looks in it. "Three quid! Well, waste not, want not, as I always say." She then takes out the money and puts it down her bosom. She is about to throw the purse away when something about it attracts her. So she slips it too down her dress and shuts the chest lid and, quite composed again, sits down on it. "Now, dear, we got to use the old noggin." Azrael sighed and then softly crossed her arms. "So this is how we're gonna seek revenge then? Kill who ever we feel like it?" Sweeney frowned and then looked up at her. "You know it's the only way Azrael." Azrael frowned and gently moved out of the room. "yes it's the only way just dont expect me to have any part of it!" she muttered irritably, Sweeney looked at her and walked up to face her and placed his hands on her arms. "What's brew in tha mind of yers to be so hesitant about ending a man's life that ruined yours?" Azrael then looked away from him and moved out of his hold. "Because if we kill them, then we're no better. I'm sorry Mr. Todd but I refuse to be any part of this" Sweeney sighed and moved a bit to get her to look him in the eyes. "Azrael I'll do it all you won't have to harm a soul I'll do it" Azrael then felt the tears fall down her cheeks still forcing herself not to look at him. "But I'll know and me not stopping it is no better than me having a part in the murders themselves." Sweeney sighed and was about to say something but Azrael then cuts him off having enough of hearing about this. "No No Mr. Todd I have no interest in hearing your excuses for this. You are on your own now if you excuse me I have to take care of some matters." And with that, she stormed out of the room. Sweeney sat there and watched her go while Mrs. Lovett was watching the two the whole time. She then gently shook her head, walked up to him, and placed her hand on his shoulder. "Noble one that one is. Never would have thought she would have a mouth that stings like a viper. Nevertheless right luv? If she wants to leave she's more than welcome to. After all it is starting to get more cramped in this place, what with the boy now living with us and all." Sweeney then looked over at her and moved her hand off his shoulder "Send him up here." Mrs. Lovett then frowned at him. "Him, too! Now surely one's enough for today, dear. Should not indulge yourself, you know. Now let me see, he's half seas over already with the gin" but as she speaks, downstairs the Judge and the Governor clangs the bell. Mr. Todd then runs to the landing, peers down the stairs, and smirks. "Providence is kind!" Mrs. Lovett then arched her brow at the man before her. "Who is it?" Sweeney then looked back at her and smirked. "Judge Turpin and Governor Turpin." Mrs. Lovett then stared at him in shock. Him, him? The Judge? It can't be! It" she was then cut off by Mr. Todd "Quick, leave me!" Mrs. Lovett then frowned at him. "What are you going to do?" Sweeney had enough of this woman and started to yell at her "Leave me, I said!" he shouted. Mrs. Lovett then frowned and slowly nodded her head "Don't worry, dear. I'm out!" She then scuttles out of the parlor and starts down the stairs as the Judge and Governor ascend. She ended up meeting them halfway and gives them a deep curtsy. "Excuse me, your Lordship." The two men nodded and entered the parlor "Mr. Todd?" The judge asked. Sweeney smirked at the two men and gestured them to come in. "At your service, sirs. An honor to receive your patronage sirs." He said in his friendliest tone, hoping that Azrael will not walk in the room any time soon. The governor looked around the room with his hands behind his back and then looked back at Mr. Todd. "These premises are hardly prepossessing and yet the Beadle tells us you are the most accomplished of all the barbers in the city." Mr. Todd then looked up at the Governor and smiled at him "That is gracious of him, sir. And you must please excuse the modesty of my establishment. It's only a few days ago that I set up quarters here and some necessaries are yet to come." He then points at his chair, and gestures the Judge to have a seat "Sit, sir, if you please, sir. Sit." The judge then sits down while Mr. Todd places a sheet over him. "And what may I do for you, sir? A stylish trimming of the hair? A soothing skin massage?" The Judge then cleared his throat and then looked up at Mr. Todd "I believe a shave will do for now." Mr. Todd nodded and continued sharpen his blade "very well sir. By the way did you ever find that young lass you two were searchin for?" The governor then stopped looking around the room and turned to look back at Mr. Todd with his fists clenched "No! It's as if she fell off the face of the earth!" The judge chuckled and looked over at his cousin. "Dont worry Demetrious, we shall find her and once we do you will definitely put her in her place." The governor then chuckled at this and nodded. "Aye tha I will it's almost a shame to tame such a creature" The judged then chuckled again. "I supposed when you do receive her back into your arms that you allow her to use some of that fire in her on you before you tame her to be your bride if you know what I mean dear cousin." The Governor then had a very wicked grin on his face. "Why of course. A viper like that should never go to such waste." Mr. Todd had to contain himself from wanting to slit both of their throats at that moment and started to whistle happily so they would not catch on to his anger. "You are in a merry mood today, Mr. Todd." The Judge muttered, Mr. Todd then shrugged and continued to do his work mixing up the lather "Tis your delight, sir, catching fire from one man to the next." The Judge then chuckled and nodded his head. "Tis true, sir, love can still inspire the blood to pound, the heart leap higher." The Governor then sighed. "The lass has to be around here somewhere. I mean she cannot just fall of the face of the earth like that." Mr. Todd then looked up at him and gave him an innocent look. "Is it possible that she never went to London? She could be somewhere else." The Governor then shook his head. "No. she doesnt have the money to travel such distance. Her and her husband never made much, but that is not of a worry anymore since he is dead and I will have her on at my side as soon as we wed." Mr. Todd then shrugged his shoulders, getting very irritated with the way this man was talking about Azrael. "Well What more, what more can man require?" he asked, the Judge then turned back to look at him completely confused. "Than love, sir?" Mr. Todd then smirked at him and nodded "More than love, sir." The Governor then asked "What, sir?" Mr. Todd's smirk then grew even bigger and shrugged. "Women." He stated simply, the Governor and the Judge then chuckled and nodded and said in unison "Ah yes, women." Mr. Todd then started to lather the Judge and continued speaking. "Pretty women." The Governor then chuckled as he started to walk towards the door. "Yes. Pretty women. Speaking of such beauties I recall Beadle speaking about a young pretty belle that is working for Mrs. Lovett so if you excuse me I'm going to go down and see what this fair lass looks like." He said with a smirk on his face as he left the room. Once he was gone, Sweeney was secretly hoping that Azrael was not out there and that the Governor would not find her. He then heard the Judge speak obviously starting to get impatient. "Make haste, if we wed, you'll be commended, sir." Sweeney sighed and mockingly bowed to the Judge "My lord And who, may it be said, is your intended, sir?" The Judge then closes his eyes, settles comfortably, and speaks "My ward. And pretty as a rosebud." Mr. Todd froze but then softly whispered to himself. "As pretty as her mother?" The Judge then quickly opened his eyes and looked over at Mr. Todd mildly puzzled. "What? What was that?" he asked, while Mr. Todd is slowly bringing the razor toward the Judge's throat when suddenly the Judge starts to twist around in curiosity. "Oh, nothing, sir. Nothing. May we proceed?" he says softly as he starts to shave the Judge and sings, "Pretty women Fascinating Sipping coffee, dancing... Pretty women are a wonder. Pretty women. Sitting in the window or Standing on the stair, something in them cheers the air. Pretty women" The Judge then added "Silhouetted..." Mr. Todd nodded and continued. "Stay within you" The Judge then nodded and smiled. "Glancing..." Todd then added "Stay forever" he said softly with a ghost of a smile on his face. The Judge then chuckled to himself and continued; "Breathing lightly" Sweeney sighed and continued to start shaving. "Pretty women" they then both start to sing. "Pretty women! Blowing out their candles or combing out their hair." The Judge then starts to sing by himself. "Then they leave... Even when they leave you and vanish, they somehow can still remain there with you, there with you." and now in unison then sing together. "ah Pretty Women." Sweeney then sang "At their mirrors" the Judge then adds; "In their gardens" Mr. Todd nodded and continued. "Letter-writing" they both then start to sing again. "How they make a man sing!" Mr. Todd then sighed thinking about the women in his life and continued the song while he was shaving him. "Even when they leave, they still Are There. They're there. Proof of heaven as you're living Pretty women, sir!" Mr. Todd then raises his arm in a huge arc and is about to slice the razor across the Judge's throat until Anthony bursts in "She says she'll marry me Sunday, everything's set, we leave tonight!" He said excitedly but then suddenly stops when he sees the Judge sitting in the chair. The Judge then jumps up, spilling the basin and knocking the razor from Mr. Todd's hand "YOU!" he shouted at Anthony, Anthony stood there staring at him wide eyed in shock. "Judge Turpin!" As Anthony tried to retreat, the Judge then jumps on him and grabs him by the arm "There is indeed a Higher Power to warn me thus in time. Johanna elope with you? Deceiving slut, I'll lock her up in some obscure retreat where neither you nor any other vile, corrupting youth shall ever lay eyes on her again." Anthony then tries to shake himself free and then gives Judge Turpin a pleading look. "But, sir, I beg of you" he was then cut off by the Judge who was now yelling at Mr. Todd "And as for you, barber; it is all too clear what company you keep. Service them well and hold their custom for you'll have none of mine." He then strides out and down the stairs shouting for his cousin to come along. Once he was gone, Anthony then quickly moves up towards Mr. Todd looking at him pleadingly "Mr. TODD! Please! Please you have to help me." Mr. Todd had his back to the boy and clenched his fists, pure anger seeping through his veins "Out" he said very grimly. Anthony gave him a concerned look and moved a little closer to him. "Mr. Todd?" he asked softly, just then Mr. Todd whipped around and turned to look at Anthony "I SAID OUT!!" he shouted causing Anthony to stare at him in shock and quickly ran out of the room. Once Anthony was gone, Azrael came rushing in, Mr. Todd then quickly turned around to face her, with a look of determination in his eyes "DID HE SEE YOU?" Azrael then arched her brow at the man before her. "Who?" she asked softly, Sweeney then stormed up to her, grabbed her arms, and started to shake her. "DID HE SEE YOU? THE GOVERNOR DOES HE KNOW YOU ARE HERE?" he shouted, Azrael then had a look of fear morph on her face and quickly shook her head. "No I didnt even know the Governor was here. I was in my room the whole time, why does he suspect me being here?" Sweeney then shook his head "No. but I will not risk you working in the shop anymore. Beadle mentioned a new girl working at the shop and the Governor went downstairs to meet said girl." Azrael's eyes widened in surprise and in fear of the news she has just recently heard and quickly pulls away from him. "I have to go! He will find me, I need to leave immediately!" she said frantically, starting to run out of the room until Mr. Todd grabbed her. "No!" he yelled as he yanked her back to face him. "You are not leaving. I already told you that. Now get that bloody idea out of your mind now!" Azrael frowned and moved out of his hold "Sweeney I have to leave! I can't bare him to harm you, nor harm Mrs. Lovett and Toby for trying to protect me. He already took my Husband and my child! I refuse to allow him to take my friends." Sweeney frowned for a quick moment after hearing what she has said but quickly covered it up. "Azrael, you are not leaving! You are going to stay here and I am going to end his and the judge's sorry lives and once I'm through with them you can live a life of not having to constantly hide yourself in fear that they will take you." Azrael sighed and slowly shook her head "and what about you? What are you planning on doing once they are gone?" Sweeney then shrugged and walked up to his chair and sat down "continue being a barber Take care of my daughter why what are you going to do?" Azrael shrugged and slowly walked up towards the window and stared out at it "I dont know maybe go back home. Mend what's left of my bakery" Sweeney quickly looked over at her, rose up from his seat, and walked up next to her. "So you will leave then." Azrael then shrugged "I dont know Mr. Todd, I dont know"