Sweeny Todd

8

It has been a few weeks since the plan arouse to make human pies and thanks to Mrs. Lovett's increasing prosperity, she ended up creating a modest outdoor eating garden outside the pie-shop, consisting of a large wooden table with two benches, a few bushes in pots, birds in cages. At rise, contented customers, one of whom is drunk, are filling the garden, devouring their pies, and drinking ale while Toby who was in a waiter's apron, drums up trade along the sidewalk. Inside the pie-shop, Mrs. Lovett is in a "fancy" gown, which was a sign of her upward mobility and also had Mr. Todd bring down the piano that was in Azrael's room, placed it up against the wall, so Azrael could play some songs for the ongoing customers.
However today was another day and once again was going to be a busy day. Mrs. Lovett was busy downstairs with Toby getting ready for the big rush that was to come in today, while Sweeney and Azrael were in Azrael's room. Sweeney had Azrael pinned up against the wall kissing her passionately clinging to her body with such need, he then hooked her leg around his waist and placed his hand underneath her dress and grazed his hand up the flesh of her thigh and then grabbed hold of her hearing her moan as he nipped her neck. Sweeney was about to go further until he heard a knock on Azrael's door. "Mrs. Rowena! Mrs. Lovett needs you!" Toby shouted.
Azrael gasped as Sweeney was starting to get more daring with her and was able to squeak out "I'll be down in a minute Toby!" She shouted.
Toby seemed satisfied with her answer and ran down the stairs not suspecting anything. Once Toby was gone, Azrael gently pushed Sweeney away from her "Sweeney we should really get to work." Sweeney smirked at her and then pulled her against him "what do you think I'm trying to do?" he asked as he tried to kiss her. Azrael then placed her hand over his mouth and smiled at him. "Sweeney I really should go down there. I dont feel like listening to Mrs. Lovett's scolding at this moment." Sweeney sighed and slowly nodded allowing her to walk out of the room.
Once Azrael walked down the stairs, she saw Mrs. Lovett standing next to the counter placing the human pies on top of the counter. Azrael sighed and slowly shook her head knowing that this plan of Mrs. Lovett and Mr. Todd's were chaotic. However, she figured that she couldnt stop it and was told by Sweeney plenty of times that there was a good reason as to why they're doing this. Therefore, she just held her tongue on the whole situation and went along with what they were doing. Grant it she refused to make the pies nor assist on harming the people so Mrs. Lovett decided that Azrael will be the entertainment. Azrael hated it; she wanted nothing to do with this whole situation and couldnt figure out a way to get out of it by not getting fired, so she just went with the flow.
Azrael sighed and then looked up over at Mrs. Lovett and grimaced at the pies. "So who is this today?" she asked.
Mrs. Lovett sighed and pulled out another pie from the oven. "A little blacksmith ya see he should be delectable to the crowd." Azrael sneered knowing that there was an actual human in that pie and then moved away from the counter. "Do we really have to do this? I mean honestly I know how to bake and make other things do we really need to make pies out of human beings?" Mrs. Lovett's eye widened and shushed Azrael since Toby was now in the room. "Shhh I dont want the boy to know about this! So you will keep yer mouth shut you hear me?" she said sternly to the younger woman before her.
Azrael then glared at Mrs. Lovett and crossed her arms "so you're going to allow an innocent boy eat cannibalism pies and make him believe it's something else?" she asked irritably.
Mrs. Lovett glared at Azrael, grabbed her arm, and yanked her into the other room. "How dare you talk to your employer in such a way? If it wasnt for me you wouldnt have a roof over yer head and be livin in the streets!" Azrael glared at the woman before and ripped her arm way from said woman. "Yeah well I'd rather be livin on the streets then serve human pies to customers! How can you sleep at night knowing that someone out there is missing their husband, wife or child?! How can you honestly go through your days knowing that they are in mourning and dont even know why or who took their loved one away!" she shouted. Mrs. Lovett quickly caught on as to why Azrael was acting this way and started to chuckle. "I see now why you're acting like this. Your feeling remorse because you had the same thing happened to you. You actually feel bad for these people because you had your husband and child taken away from you so you feel as if you should feel horrible for these people. You feel responsible for not helping in protecting them from their murders and that is why you're so hostile to the situation. Well I'll tell you something Mrs. Rowena, if you were one of those families and I killed your husband I would have a nice soundless sleep for the rest of my days because people like you do not matter to me! My business matters and Mrs. Lovett's Meat Pies is tired of having no customers now if you excuse me I have to go serve my patrons." She muttered hotly and then stormed out of the room
Azrael was furious with the woman who left the room and couldnt believe that this woman had no remorse for the poor people, how can she be so heartless?! But yet again how can Mr. Todd be that heartless as well. She still asked herself why she continued to stay here but then the realization all came back to her she was falling for Mr. Todd, yes she knew that it wasnt the most smartest idea in the book but there was something about that man that made her feel that it was worth staying here. Yes, she still felt horrible for Gerry and Shannon and of course, she still felt completely odd about being with another man while her husband is laying six feet under but for some reason she had this very comforting feeling that Gerry was fine with this and that is what placed her at ease.
Meanwhile during her daze of thought, customers started piling in the shop, having Toby come rush into the room to grab Azrael. "Mrs. Rowena!" he shouted. Azrael quickly looked back at the boy, her thoughts quickly cut off "Yes Toby?" she asked softly. Toby smiled at Azrael and then walked up to her and grabbed her hand. "Come on Mrs. Rowena there are people coming!" he said excitedly. Azrael sighed, "Bless this little boy's heart," she thought to herself as she felt him tug her out of the other room and into the shop.
Once she was in the room she saw crowds of people bustling in and taking seats either enjoying their pies or waiting for some, just then Toby started shouting to the people "Ladies and gentlemen, May I have your attention, perlease? Are your nostrils aquiver and tingling as well at that delicate, luscious ambrosial smell? Yes, they are, I can tell. Well, ladies and gentlemen, that aroma enriching the breezes like nothing compared to its succulent source, as the gourmets among you will tell you, of course. Ladies and gentlemen, you can't imagine the rapture in store. Here you'll sample Mrs. Lovett's meat pies, savory and sweet pies, as you'll see. You who eat pies, Mrs. Lovett's meat pies conjure up the treat pies used to be!"
Just then, Toby then heard a man call for him. "Over here, boy, how about some ale?" Then another man shouted. "Let me have another, laddie!" Toby then quickly ran to go help the customers while Azrael sighed and stood there with her arms crossed. Mrs. Lovett then glared at Azrael and placed a pie right in front of her "Hand these out!" she said hotly irritated with Azrael's stubbornness. Azrael sighed and placed it in front of one lady, the lady then looked up at Azrael and smiled her. "Tell me, are they flavorsome?" she asked. Azrael sighed and was about to answer until another patron answered for her. "They are." Then another lady nodded with a huge grin on her face. "Isn't this delicious?" Azrael then rolled her eyes and walked away from the crowed and then walked back up to the counter and then heard Mrs. Lovett walking up behind her "One for the gentleman Hear the birdies cheeping, Helps to keep it cheery" she said in a friendly tone, but then noticed the beggar woman snooping around her shop. "Toby! Throw the old woman out!" Azrael then quickly turned around and glared at Mrs. Lovett. "Honestly woman, are you that cruel that you'll kick out a poor defenses woman who doesnt do a thing to harm your facility?" she said irritably.
Mrs. Lovett glared at Azrael and then crossed her arms. "Do not tell me how to run my shop Mrs. Rowena. I have had that beggared constantly harboring my facility and for her to not to any longer loiter this place is to have her kicked out!" Azrael then glared at the woman before her. "Then give her a bloody pie or a scrap. Be a little charitable!" she muttered hotly. Mrs. Lovett then sneered at Azrael, grabbed her arm, and yanked her to the piano "Enough! I will not hear anymore of this. You are to sit here and play your little songs to make my customers happy do you understand!" she shouted, pushing Azrael down onto the bench. Azrael glared at Mrs. Lovett softly rubbing her because it was sore and gently opened the lid "as you wish milady" she said begrudgingly but then had a little smirk on her face and started to play a tune and started to sing.
"How can I pretend that I don't see? What you hide so carelessly? I saw her bleed"
Mrs. Lovett then quickly turned around and stared at Azrael wide-eyed realizing what she was doing.
"You heard me breathe and I froze inside myself and turned away I must be dreaming"
Azrael then looked up from her piano and smirked at Mrs. Lovett noticing the evil glare she was receiving from the woman.
"We all live and We all die but That does not begin to justify you. It's not what it seems, not what you think no, I must be dreaming It's only in my mind, not real life No, I must be dreaming"
Azrael knew this was catching the audience's attention and that is why she knew that Mrs. Lovett ran up the stairs to grab Mr. Todd. Azrael had to smile at herself as she played the tune and noticed that Sweeney and Mrs. Lovett were now down the stairs staring at Azrael. Azrael gave them both a wicked smirk and continued to sing.
"Help! You know I've got to tell someone tell them what I know you've done. I fear you but spoken fears can come true."
She then noticed Sweeney slowly moving towards her now understanding why Mrs. Lovett was so frantic to get him down here, but this didnt stop Azrael no she continued to sing.
"We all live and We all die but That does not begin to justify you. It's not what it seems, not what you think No, I must be dreaming It's only in my mind, Not real life No, I must be dreaming"
She then heard Sweeney speak to her. "Azrael" he said softly trying to get her attention. However, Azrael wouldnt stop, she needed to get her anger out and in a way this was helping her.
"We all live andWe all die but That does not begin to justify you. It's not what it seems, not what you think No, I must be dreaming It's only in my mind, not real life No, I must be dreaming"
She then stopped playing, then rose up from the piano still staring directly at Mr. Todd, and then started to walk towards the counter.
"Not what it seems, not what you think I must be dreaming Just in my mind, not in real life I must be dreaming"
she sang softly as she picked up a pie and gave him a daring look as she walked out of the shop and placed the pie right in front of the poor beggar woman and smiled at her. "Here you go luv. Next time someone kicks you out of this shop just holler for me and I'll be right there alright?" The woman smiled at Azrael and then rose up to hug her. "Thank you so much lass, you truly are a blessing." Azrael smiled hugging the beggared woman and started to chuckle. "It's the least I can do." She then released the woman and started to walk back into the shop.
Once Azrael walked in, she heard a cheer from the crowd who were applauding her for her song, Azrael grinned at this and then gently curtseyed to them she then looked up at Mr. Todd and Mrs. Lovett with a knowing smirk on her face. As Azrael walked up to them, Mrs. Lovett was about to scold her until a very handsome gentleman walked up to Azrael and tapped her shoulder. Azrael quickly turned around and smiled at the man before her, she noticed that he had dark brown hair and brown eyes and a very charming grin. "Excuse me miss but please dont think of me as being so forward but you have an absolutely stunning voice." Azrael giggled at the man before her and gave him a wide grin. "Well thank you very much sir, a lass always enjoys her work being appreciated." The man then took her hand and gently kissed it giving her a debonair smirk on his face. "A lass like you should always be appreciated." He said suavely. Azrael giggled and then felt someone grab her and yank her behind them; she then noticed it was Mr. Todd. "You have something you're trying to get at boy?" he asked very sternly. The man looked at Mr. Todd surprised of the man's reaction. "I'm sorry sir but I was only trying to compliment on the lady's singing." Just then, they both heard a female voice speak. "Azrael." She said loudly enough for both of them to hear her. Sweeney quickly turned to look at her, while the man was smiling at her. Azrael smiled back at him and held out her hand for him to shake. "My name is Azrael." The man grinned at her as he took her hand and shook it. "Daniel, Daniel Miller, and may I say that it is an honor of knowing you." Azrael grinned at the man and started to giggle. "And it's an honor of knowing you as well kind sir." Daniel smiled at her and was about to continue speaking with her until Sweeney grabbed her arm and yanked her away from him. "Azrael you are to come with me and help assist with the customers!" Azrael quickly looked back at him and frowned. "But Mr. Todd I am supposed to stay down here and help Mrs. Lovett." Mr. Todd glared at Azrael, yanked her fully away from Daniel, and started leading her up the stairs. "She will have to deal your staying with me!" he said sternly as he yanked her up the stairs, without even saying a word to Mrs. Lovett nor the gentleman they left downstairs.
Once they made it upstairs, Sweeney yanked Azrael into her room and then slammed the door shut and locked it so they wouldnt have any disruptions.
Sweeney then quickly turned around to face her with pure anger in his eyes. "WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT!?" he shouted. Azrael stared at him wide-eyed in shock from his sudden outburst. "What do you mean!? It's called being friendly to the customers!" she shouted. Sweeney gritted his teeth, then grabbed her, forcefully sat her down in a chair, and then straddled her hips with his blade now on her neck. "No it's called you being polite to the gentleman because you fancy him." He stated very grimly. Azrael sighed tired of him threatening her like this and then looked up at him and glared back at him. "What does it matter to you Mr. Todd?! I was only being a good worker and greeting the customer properly. Why such a need to threaten my life?" Sweeney then growled and then grabbed her hair then tilted her head back.
"Because you're mine," he said in a low, grim tone.
Azrael's eyes widen in such surprise after hearing this confession from him. She knew this was a huge step for him to admit that he didnt want her with anyone else even though he had to admit it in a threatening way but oddly enough she was touched even though there was a blade against her neck. Azrael gulped as she stared up into those penetrating eyes of his, but then that's when her anger arose as well. "Well you never gave me any reason to believe that I was worth anything to you so how do you expect me to know that you dont want me to be sweet on anyone else?" Sweeney then growled again keeping his blade firmly against her neck.
"It should be obvious!" he shouted.
Azrael then glared at him. "What kissing me the way you do! Touching me the way you do! Do you honestly think that indicates a relationship!?" she shouted. Sweeney then glared at her rage burning through his veins. "Yes actually I do! Do you honestly think I do this with any woman Azrael!? If I did I'd be on Mrs. Lovett like an obese child would be on cake and not care if it effects you! Azrael the only woman I've ever been with was my wife! Just like I know the only man you've probably ever been with was your husband! I'm not some man who openly admits what they feel in fear that it'll be taken away from me!" he then sighs and gently moves the blade away from her neck and slowly shakes his head in despair "I can't have that again I cant have something that I care about taken away from me again dont you see Azzie that man out there to me was just like the Judge and I refuse having him take something that means something to me." Azrael stared up at him in shock of this man's revelations He did care for her, which meant he wasnt that heartless as she would've thought he would be and this amazed her but was she ready enough to finally let go and give her complete heart to this man? Was he even ready to do such a thing for her? She didnt know but this confession made her believe that maybe things will start to grow further in their so called relationship heck maybe she will be able to officially call it a relationship soon, she guessed she'd have to wait and see.