Status: Finished

Assassin

"She's Sleeping Like A Child"

Heather was sitting on a chair with Clarisse beside her. A doctor had been called and he was placing a cast on her arm while Heather stared coldly at the floor. She wanted to kill Jackson, he had abused of her again and she was infuriated with herself for letting him hurt her.

At the same time, she heard Hallway yell at Jackson, threatening him and warning him to never a lie a finger on her again. She knew Jackson wouldn’t listen, Jackson had fun while hurting her. He was sadistic and Heather knew he only hurt her because he wanted to piss Clive. Suddenly, the tones of the conversation changed and Jackson was the one threatening. Hallway negotiated with him, Heather noticed the fear in his voice and she knew that Jackson noticed it too.

“Well, here’s some painkillers. Take them wherever you feel pain, alright?” The doctor said handing a bottle of pills to Heather. She didn’t even glance at him and when he shut the door, Heather turned to Clarisse.

“How am I supposed to trust him? These can be drugs.” Heather spoke coldly and Clarisse stood up, slightly intimidated.

Clarisse was a sweet girl and Heather couldn’t imagine why on Earth she was in playing in Hallway’s team. Clarisse wasn’t evil, she always shivered when Jackson appeared and right now, she seemed to fear Heather too.

“Heather, those are not drugs. That doctor is a personal friend of mine, he was paid to not tell a thing but… I need you to trust me. I don’t mean to hurt you, I’m sorry about your arm.” Clarisse said.

“Why are you here Clarisse? What’s your interest?” Heather asked her, looking into her eyes intently.

“Well…” Clarisse stuttered as she watched the door closely, apparently she wasn’t allowed to talk to Heather. “I’m here because I promised to do anything for Mr. Hallway.” She said awkwardly as she crossed her arms over her chest.

“Clarisse, you and I both know that he is a monster!” Heather protested.

“Don’t call him a monster!” Clarisse yelled storming towards Heather but then stopping on her tracks “You… you just don’t know him. Please don’t judge him.”

“I see what this is. You love him. You really do and he’s taking advantage of that. He’s taking advantage of you.” Heather said incredulously. Clarisse remained silent which gave Heather courage to continue “Clarisse, I won’t judge you. I love an Assassin, so who am I to judge?” Heather chuckled sadly “But, you know this is wrong. You need to help me.” Heather stated locking her eyes with Clarisse’s again.

“No, Heather, I-I can’t.” Clarisse stuttered, shivering. She was terribly scared of Hallway even finding out that they were talking, so helping Heather left Clarisse in terror.

“Clarisse, you’re the only person who can help us. I know deep down, that they will kill us all after I hand them my writing. Hallway will kill my father, Jackson will probably abuse me and then kill me and Clive.” Heather started crying, she had just exposed her fear. She knew that if things kept going under Hallway’s plan, she would die. It was just a matter of time. “Please Clarisse.”

Before Clarisse could speak, Hallway bursted into the room and Heather used her palm to wipe her tears.

“Why is she crying?” Hallway asked Clarisse, coldly, without caring.

“She’s still in pain Sir. She took a painkiller right now, it needs to make effect.” Clarisse explained.

“Very well, you are not to leave her side. No matter what, understand?” Clarisse nodded.

“Once you’re better, I’ll come back to supervise your call to your lawyer. This is the address that you need to give her.” Hallway said, towards Heather, placing a piece of paper on the table and then leaving the two women alone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There was no way Heather could delay the call any longer. Jackson was behind her, she was sure he was smirking, and escorting her to a room where Hallway was waiting for her. Jackson pushed Heather, forcing her to sit down on a chair while Hallway handed her a phone.

Heather’s call for Diane took less than 5 minutes and then she handed the phone back.

“No complaints? Comments? Ironies?” Hallway said raising an eyebrow.

Heather simply glanced at him and then back at the floor.

“Take her to her room.” Hallway ordered still wondering.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Heather waited for hours until she approached the glass window. Both Clive and her father had been beaten, again, but Heather was desperate, she needed to hear one of their voices.

“Clive.” She called faintly. Her throat was dry, she was hungry but she refuse to eat or drink anything they offered her.

Clive was lying on the floor and he turned his head towards her voice. His eyes opened as he crawled slowly towards the glass window. Heather kneeled down and placed her hand against the glass window, Clive placed his hand in the same spot. Both of them had tears in their eyes, for different reasons.

“I love you.” Heather said as she tried to fight back her tears. She was so scared and helpless but she didn’t want Clive to see that. It was painful enough for her to imagine that she wouldn’t probably ever touch him again.

“I love you too, darling.” Clive smiled faintly, pushing himself up with some pain so he was sitting.

They stared into each other’s eyes and none of them moved their hands. Both were tried to imagine that they were holding the other’s hand.

“How is my father?” Heather asked.

“He is finally sleeping. He hasn’t slept for two days, that time you were in another room. How is your arm?” Clive asked tensing up immediately but with sorrow in his eyes. He felt so guilty, Heather was suffering because of him and there was nothing he could do about it.

I made a deal with Hallway. I’m going to give him everything I’ve ever written and researched about him. I already called Diane and gave her an address.” Heather bit her bottom lip. She was very proud of her job, so having to give everything up was tearing her apart. She took a look at Clive and he was also a mess. “Don’t worry, my arm is fine.” Heather reassured him.

Clive was devastated. He knew everything was going to go wrong but he had to save Heather and her father. They didn’t deserve to die because of his mistakes.

“I’m beginning to get sleepy.” Heather commented as she rubbed her eyes and Clive gave her a small smile.

“I’ll stay here.” Clive said.

Heather smiled genuinely and laid on the floor, as close as possible to the window. She just wanted to feel close to Clive, she needed to feel close to him, she needed to feel protected. Deep down, she didn’t blame him for anything that was happening, she had also made mistakes, messed with people she shouldn’t and when she learned the truth about Clive, she didn’t stop loving him.

No matter what happened, Clive and Heather’s love had grown stronger. Nobody could take that away from them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Heather?.... Heather!”

Heather opened her eyes and sat up, finding Clarisse kneeling beside her. Heather gave her a confused look as she motioned for her to be quiet.

Heather’s eyes widened and she glanced at the other side of the glass window. Clive was gone.

“Where is he?!” Heather yelled in panic as she stood up and started gasping.

“Calm down.” Clarisse spoke sweetly as Heather turned against her, with fury in her eyes.

“Why should I be calm? Where is Clive?” Heather spoke in a demanding tone.

“If you don’t keep quiet, this won’t work!” Clarisse said severely. “If you want to see him, follow me.”

“Why should I trust you?” Heather feared.

“Because I don’t want to harm you and tf you really want my help, you need to trust me.”

“Your help? Are you letting us out?” Heather asked in shock, as Clarisse covered her mouth with her hands.

“No, I’m not letting you out. I have an idea but I can’t tell you just yet. Now, keep it quiet and follow me.” Clarisse said grabbing Heather by her wrist and then walking very quietly down a hall.

Clarisse opened a door and hurried Heather inside, closing the door after them. Heather found the doctor who put her cast, taking care of Clive’s hounds. Clive was shirtless and sitting uncomfortably on a chair as the doctor changed his bandages.

Heather’s eyes immediately filled with tears as she ignored Clarisse pleadings for silence and ran towards Clive. The doctor stepped away and Heather hugged Clive tightly, he smiled and hugged her back carefully.

“Don’t cry love.” Clive whispered kissing her shoulder as Heather kept sobbing on his shoulder, gripping him tightly in her arms.

“I’m so happy to see you.” Heather said pushing away softly, then kissing Clive sweetly as he wiped her tears.

“Sit here.” Clive said patting his leg.

Clarisse enjoyed this scenario and understood that she really needed to help them. They really loved each other, it was so pure and simple.

The doctor finished taking care of Clive’s wounds and then Heather and Clive found themselves alone.

“Did Clarisse bring you here?” Clive asked.

“She did. Who brought you here?” Heather replied.

“It was her.” Clive said suspiciously.

“I think she wants to help us.” Heather said grabbing Clive’s hands.

“How?” Clive said eyeing her even more suspiciously.

“I don’t know. She didn’t say.” Heather said.

“Well, let’s see but watch out love. I’m not sure if we can trust her.” Clive said kissing Heather’s forehead.

“Sorry, but you need to leave. Jackson’s arriving!” Clarisse was panicking as she rushed Clive and Heather down the hall.

“I love you.” Clive whispered gripping Heather’s body tightly against his chest.

“I love you too.” Heather said as intensely as they kissed passionately.

Clarisse was forced to separate them and send them to their separate rooms.

Heather was relieved when she realized that Clive had went inside his room safely. Then she noticed was untied and She walked towards the glass window.

“Daddy?” She called as he father approached the window.

He had a black eye, marks all over his face and blood in his mouth.

“What have they done to you?” Heather felt her legs become weak but she stood on her feet, she didn’t want to victimize herself when her father was horse than her.

“I’m fine pumpkin. Clive, can you bring me the chair?” Her father asked. “We’ve introduced.” Gabriel explained, seeing his daughter’s puzzled look. “I also know you married him.” He smiled.

“Sorry I didn’t tell you…” Heather trailed off.

“Don’t worry pumpkin. Clive has explained everything to me and I understand why you married the way you did.” Heather smiled “I’m so proud of you.”

“You are?” Heather raised her eyebrows.

“Of course! You followed your heart, it got you into trouble but this just proves that we are definitely a rock in Hallway’s shoe.” Gabriel winked and smirked.

Heather could help but laugh at her father’s perception of the situation. “Ow daddy… I love you.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment and let me know what you think!