Status: Finished

Assassin

"The Sun Came Up Again"

Diane burst into the police interrogation room “I demand for my client to be set free.” She stated as she looked and Heather and had to suppressed her sadness.

Heather was a mess. She had bruises all over her body, dry bloody in her clothes and her right arm was on a cast. Tears were running down her face as she sobbed deeply.

“Please calm down Ma'am. I am just clarifying some points for our investigation.” The police investigator replied.

“You are clarifying now? She’s been trying to cooperate with you for years!” Diane spat, completely outraged.

When Heather had called Diane for the first time, asking for her complete works, Diane sensed something was wrong so she began a collaboration with the police, but it had been useless and now they were all almost dead.

“Diane…” Heather spoke quietly and weakly “Please calm down and sit next to me.” She requested.

Diane didn’t think twice as she sat down and grabbed Heather’s hand softly, stroking it. She was shaking and still sobbing.

“Can you please get me water?” Heather asked as she glanced at the police officer. He nodded and left them alone.

“Are you in pain? What happened?” Diane asked.

“Where’s my father? And Clive?” Heather asked.

“Heather, first things first. You need to tell me exactly what happened and how.” Diane insisted.

“Where is my father? ... Where is Clive?” Heather hissed as she looked Diane in the eyes with a certain menace.

“They are in the hospital, but they’re alive.” Heather smiled with relief.

“Hallway and Jackson?”

“Dead. Both of them. That’s why I need to know right now every detail. They are planning to press charges on you for double-murder. And they are digging on Clive’s past too.” Diane informed as Heather bit her bottom lip.

Heather closed her eyes for a moment and then began telling Diane all about Hallway’s plan and threatens, the beating Jackson gave her, Clarisse’s help, Francesca’s murder and she found out that she had been missing for 2 weeks.

............................................................................... ……………………………………………………………

Later that day, Diane took Heather to the hospital and she had to remain with the cast for one more week and needed rest. Then they visited Gabriel, who was getting ready to leave the hospital.

“Daddy…” Heather trailed off as she managed to walk to her father as he embraced her carefully.

“It’s over pumpkin. It’s over.” He said as he consoled his daughter. He caressed her long hair as she sobbed against his shoulder. “Come on, I’m sure Clive won’t be happy to see you like this.” Gabriel smiled widely as he wiped his daughter’s tears.

“You are the best.” Heather smiled as she embraced her father again.
He kissed her forehead and stayed with Diane as Heather went looking for Clive.

............................................................... ………………………………………………………………………..

“Clive?” Heather called as she entered a hospital room. Clive was sitting on the bed, looking blankly out the window.

As soon as their eyes met, both of them smiling widely as Heather ran towards Clive and he embraced her tightly against his chest.

“I love you.” Heather said as she was crying against his chest.

“I love you too.” Clive whispered against her head as his eyes were also sparkling.

Heather looked up and smiled brightly as she pushed herself up and connected her lips with his passionately. He rested his hands in the sides of her face, perfecting the kiss. They laid there snuggled when Diane and Gabriel burst into the room.

“The police is coming for Clive.” Diane said as she locked the door.

Heather widened her eyes and jumped out of the bed, as she tried to gather some clothes for Clive. “Clive! What are you doing?” She asked as he remained completely motionless on the bed.

“It’s fair for me to go in Heather. I’ve killed way too many people.” Clive said his expression never changing.

“You’ve lost your mind.” Heather snarled as she threw him a sweater and jeans “Dress that. It’s not an option.” She spoke seriously and Clive stood up and went towards her.

“Heather, this is the right attitude.” He explained patiently.

“No, it’s not!” Heather said, her eyes watering up “You don’t deserve to go jail. You didn’t go anything wrong!” She protested.

“I’ve done in the past.”

“Only because you needed to but you’ve changed Clive, I’ve seen you change.” Heather said grabbing his hands, hoping to get some sense into him “They won’t give you a chance, they’ll put you in jail for God-knows how many years. I won’t let that happen, Clive.”

“But Heather—“

Heather placed her hand over his lips “We’re not discussing this. You are running out of this hospital, right now. You understand?”

“And you?”

“I will patiently for you to find me on the right moment.” Heather said attempting to smile when a tear slid down her cheek.
Clive smiled softly and hugged her tightly against his chest. He was also crying, then he kissed her passionately and ran afterwards before the police could ever set eyes on him.

...............................................................…………………………………………………………………………….

2 Years Later[/white]

Heather was presented to court and declared innocent and all the charges Hallway had pressed against her were considered invalid and, therefore, erased. Then she sold her apartment in the city and bought a house in the countryside. She moved there on her own, decorated the house and kept on being a writer. A few weeks after the trial, she published another book exposing all the truth about Hallway, with the court's permission, and the way he hired people to kill others for money, but the book was also a tribute to Clarisse. Heather gave her a special part in the book and wondered if Clarisse would ever read it. After Hallway’s death, Clarisse had simply vanished.

“Pumpkin?” Gabriel called as he stepped into Heather’s house.

Gabriel was worried about Heather. She had decided to move into the countryside and she had isolated herself. Gabriel still lived in the city and Heather refused to have him live near to her, she said that she wanted to be left alone with her thoughts. 2 years had gone by and nobody knew if Clive was alive. Heather’s pain grew with each day but she never complained, she kept her feelings to herself.

“Hey daddy!” Heather said cheerfully as she hugged her father. They sat in the balcony enjoying some tea as it started to rain heavily.

After a few hours, Gabriel had dinner with Heather and left. Once she found herself alone, Heather went into the bedroom and stared at the king-sized bed she had bought thinking about her and Clive. Heather loved Clive, there was no question about it and two years later she was still wearing her wedding-ring.

Heather changed into her nightgown and climbed into bed. She curled into a ball and she started crying. She missed Clive, she wanted him there, she needed him there.

....................................................................……………………………………………………………………….

The sky was grey and it was raining heavily with some occasional storming. Heather was feeling lazy so she didn’t bother changing her clothes, she was cooking some breakfast when someone banged on her door repeatedly. She walked silently and peeked gasping right afterwards as she opened the door wide open.

Clive was standing there, completely soaking wet and with nothing else but the clothes he was wearing.

“Heather…” He said weakly as he took in her appearance. She was skinnier and her hair was much longer sense it reached her breasts, she looked paler and tired.

Heather was already sobbing and as Clive stepped towards her, she covered her face with her hands as she cried compulsively.

“Love…” Clive said as he stepped into the house, closed the door and embracing her frame tightly, feeling her warm skin against his cold clothes.

“Where the hell where you?!” She spat punching his chest weakly multiple times “Couldn’t you have called?! I was worried sick!” Heather spat as she looked up, her eyes confronting his as he softened immediately.

He had nothing to say so he kissed her deeply as she embraced him, pulling him closer to her.

“I’m sorry.. I’m so sorry.” Clive managed to whisper as he leaned his forehead against hers. Heather’s grip around him was still tight and she wouldn’t let go. “I couldn’t risk your safety.”

“Is it over?” Heather asked.

“Yes. We can finally be a normal couple.” Clive smiled brightly as Heather smiled back at him and they kissed again.

“Let me get you some clothes.” Heather said smiling as she wiped her tears.

Clive followed closely behind her into the bedroom and started undressing the clothes he had on. Once Heather turned to him with a new set of clothes, Clive, driven by his impulses, threw them to the ground and pulled her towards him in a tight embrace. He placed one hand in the back of her neck and he kissed her passionately.

...................................................................……………………………………………………………………….

A few months later, Clive and Heather recreated their wedding day but this time they had guests, even his family. They took their first picture together and framed it, so they could place it in their house. Clive fought hard to learn how to lead a normal life and Heather was always there to guide him, as a result, he always brought happiness to her life and promised to be with her forever.
♠ ♠ ♠
And this is the end of 'Assassin'. I hope you enjoy it, as much as I do, I'm sorry for taking so long to post it but I had to take my time to finish this story. The ending had to be thought of and it had to seem right.
I want to thank every subscriber and everyone who took their time to read and comment. Thank you soooo much!