Status: Finished

Assassin

"Track My Moves"

“Who does he think he is? He can’t play with me and go away laughing with MY money.” Hallway murmured, all his fury showing in his eyes. “I didn’t want to recur to him but…” He sighed as someone knocked on the door. “Yes?” Hallway replied with a frustrated tone.

Clarisse, his assistant, stepped in his office trembling from head to toe. She knew he was furious and she knew he was a merciless man, he was evil.

“Mr. Hallway, sorry for disturbing you…” She spoke quietly as Hallway slowly turned on his office chair to face her. He stood up and approached her.

“What do you want Clarisse?” Hallway spoke, walking in a tight circle around her, knowing that she was scared and that he was making her even more nervous by being so close to her.

She focused her glance on the floor “You… you received a call from a man named… Jackson.” Hallway stopped right in front of her.

He took her chin in his hand and forced her eyes to meet, he was serious that she felt her legs shaking. “What did he say?” He said with a slight evil grin playing in his face.

“He said that he wants to meet you soon. He knows you need him.” Clarisse said in terror, Hallway’s expression was turning to something close to perversion. He leaned in smelled her hair, his nose running through the pale skin of her neck.

“Is that all?” He asked whispering in ear, his breathe tickling her skin making her shiver. He was smirking amusedly, he loved the power he had over her.

“Yes, he’s waiting for you to call him.” Clarisse said not daring to move as one of Hallway’s hand went from her shoulder all the way down to her hip and he pulled her close. She widened her eyes, expecting the worse “Then call him and ask him to come here… today.” Hallway whispered in her ear again and he let her go abruptly. She breathed in relief and walked fast out of his office.

Hallway remained on his feet with a devilish but amused smirk on his face.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Clive sighed as he was watching Heather cook for him. They had been together for about a month now and for the first time in a long time Clive felt happy. He felt that he could be himself around Heather but he still hadn’t told her about the reason that made them meet. He was terrified of her reaction. He knew she would hate him and he couldn’t risk his chances because he was starting to fall in love with her.

Heather was rambling about her childhood, telling Clive about the place where she was born and so on. He was listening intently and he was grateful that she didn’t pressure him to tell about himself. She seemed to understand him without words.

“Are you going to work today?” Clive asked.

“Yes, I have research to do and I want to visit my dad too. I miss him” Heather said with a nostalgic smile while mixing her cereals milk and then placing a plate with an omelet in front of Clive.

“You really love your dad.” Clive pointed out.

“Yes, he’s my hero you know? I can’t leave without him.” Heather said and Clive smiled at her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Jackson, finally. I see that you haven’t lost your habit of tardiness.” Hallway said annoyed as Jackson entered with a smirk. His presence was powerful, he was a very self-confident man.

“You know how it is. So… problems in Clive paradise?” Jackson’s smirk got even wider. Hallway closed in hand in a fist but he also kept his smirk.

“I thought that competition between you was over.” Hallway replied.

“Well you brought it back when you chose him over me for this job.” Jackson said with arrogance.

“Shut up Jackson! Nobody cares about you anymore, so you should be begging me to contract you!” Hallway yelled standing from his chair violently. “Do you want to be paid or not?!” Hallway spat impatiently. Jackson crossed his arms over his chest and Hallway smirked again “Very well. I’ll pay you the usual and I want them both dead.”

Jackson nodded and stood up from his chair, leaving Hallway’s office.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Heather was trying to convince Clive to stay for the night and, even though, he wanted to give in, he didn’t stay. He wanted to make sure that they were still safe, he needed to be sure. Before he left, Heather kissed him passionately. He melted against the soft touch of her lips against his, wrapping his arms tightly around her waist. Then he left with a big smile on his face.

Heather took advantage of her free time and she started writing. She had papers scattered everywhere, they were part of her research. By this time Clive had made his way into his apartment and he had the curtains wide open, he had to keep an eye on Heather’s building, just in case. When suddenly a black Mercedes parked a block away from Heather’s house.

Clive widened his eyes as he saw Jackson get out of the car with a cigarette in his hand. Clive took his gun and ran out of his house, without care he ran across the street catching Jackson’s attention. Clive forced his way into Heather’s building and he knew that they didn’t have much time to run, Jackson was coming for them. He knocked on Heather’s door but he was too anxious to wait for her to open, so he kicked the door to the ground.

“What the hell?!” Heather yelled with wide eyes holding a cup in her hands.

“You have to come with me.” Clive said grabbing her arm and forcing her to walk into her room, where he locked them to gain some time.

“What? Why Clive?” Heather protested trying to push her arm away. Clive took his gun out of my pocket and she became scared. “Why do you have a gun?!” She yelled, letting the cup fall on the floor breaking in infinite little pieces.

“Can you please just trust me?” Clive begged her grabbing both of her arms.

Meanwhile Clive heard someone running in the direction of the room “Come on, no time to explain.” he said opening the window while helping Heather out.

He followed her and we ran down the stairs and into Clive’s dark blue BMW. Jackson started running down the stairs while shooting at the car’s window breaking it. Heather yelled while Clive turned the car on and speed off trying to avoid the shooting.

“What’s going on?!” Heather yelled breathing heavily as she looked over her shoulder. Clive kept silent “TELL ME!” She yelled as Clive glanced at her and the car came to a halt since they were out of town and Jackson wouldn’t find them there.

Clive kept his hands on the wheel, tension building between him and Heather. He had to tell her the truth and this was the worst day to do it. He turned to face her and her blue eyes were piercing through him. She was confused and getting impatient.

“Heather… I’m not who you think I am.” Clive started.

“What do you mean?” She asked getting even more puzzled.

“My name is indeed Clive but… we didn’t meet by coincidence. I’m… I’m… I’m an Assassin.”

Heather stared at him with wide eyes “Please tell me you’re lying.” She said in a low tone as her eyes filled with tears.

“Heather, please don’t…” Clive said grabbing her hand but she didn’t let him.

“I knew it was too good to be true. Do you, at least, love me? ... Don’t answer that. It’s obvious you don’t.” She said tears streaming down her face intensely as she kept looking to the floor.

“Heather.” Clive called her softly cupping her cheek in his hands.

She pushed him away violently. “Don’t ever touch me again you asshole.” She snarled at him furiously, tears streaming down her cheeks like a river. She opened the door of the car and stepped off, closing the door with brute force.

“Heather! Where are you going? WAIT!” Clive yelled as she started to walk faster, he ran to catch up to her and stopped right in front of her. She refused to look him in the eyes so he used his hands to make their eyes contact and he kissed her passionately. It was a true love’s kiss. He deepened the kiss and embraced her tightly against his chest. “I love you. You know I am not lying. Please let me explain.” He begged, whispering in her ear.

She stared into his eyes, tears still hanging in hers and she nodded while biting her lower lip. Clive proceeded to explain to her how empty and vain he was before he met her. He had no family and being an Assassin was an easy way to gain great amounts of money. He also told her that Hallway was behind all of this.

“That’s not a surprise. But does that mean that Jackson wants to kill us?” Heather asked.

“I’m afraid so, but he won’t hurt you. I will protect you with my life.” Clive said embracing her tightly. She was still shaking, he knew she was terrified.

“Clive… I really need to know that there are no more secrets between us. I love you and I need to be able to trust you.” Heather said locking eyes with Clive.

“No more secrets. I promise. I love you.” He said smiling at her, he rested his forehead against hers and she closed her eyes. He kissed her lips softly.
♠ ♠ ♠
I had to re-post this chapter.
Please let me know what you think :)