Status: Finished

Assassin

"In A Little White Room"

TWO DAYS LATER

“Heather, wake up.” Clive called softly as he kissed Heather’s forehead. She opened her eyes slowly and smiled tenderly at him.

“We’ve landed already?” She yawned as she saw passengers putting on their jackets and beginning to leave the plain. Clive nodded and Heather got up, following him while they went to the line to get their suitcases.

To Heather’s surprise, Clive’s Italian was much better than hers and for a moment she had a feeling that Clive had already been to Palermo.

“Are you sure you’ve never been here?” She asked suspiciously as Clive filled some papers to rent them a car.

He smirked “Actually I’ve been here three times.” He chuckled.

“Were you ever going to tell me?!” Heather said raising her eyebrows.

“No, I was going to let you be my tour guide.” Clive smiled as he received a key and instructions to where to find their car.

“And why were you here?” Heather asked as she was walking beside Clive while he was looking for the car.

“Once for vacations and twice for jobs.” Clive said clearly and coldly.

Heather stopped on her tracks and took a deep breath. Clive was being terribly honest about his past and then Clive stopped walking, he seemed to realize how he had spoken.

“They were evil men, believe me.” He stated as he turned to Heather.

“Just because they are evil, that excuses the fact that… you killed them?” Her voice came as a whisper. “Doesn’t that make you evil too?” She asked her gaze on her feet.

Clive froze. What he feared was happening. Heather was questioning him, judging him. She had strong opinions and now she was against what she believed, she was in love with a person who did things she couldn’t understand.

“Aren’t we all evil in our own ways?” Clive asked coldly, walking slowly towards Heather.

Because of Heather, Clive was a different man. She made him feel warm inside, he felt confident around her and he felt loved. Heather was special and Clive would do anything to let her know that.

“But that’s over Heather. I’m not an Assassin anymore. You changed me. I want to be a normal man, a man that you deserve.” Clive smiled widely and hugged her tightly. She was sobbing and he kept holding her tight against his chest. The sacrifices she was about to do for him, were enormous and he knew it wasn’t easy for her.

“Thank you. You can’t imagine how much that means to me, I know it’s not easy for you to drop that life out a blue. I really appreciate your effort.” She whispered against his ear kissing his ear lobe lightly.

“I’m the one who needs to thank you. You are willing to change your whole life for me and I will never be able to repay that.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Hallway, I have important leads on Clive and Heather. Recently she took about 500 dollars from her back account. I traced her movements and they were at the airport.” Jackson informed.

“Find out where they went, contact me and I’ll send you there as quickly as possible.” Hallway stated coldly, hanging up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“So what are we supposed to do for a month?” Heather asked as she looked out of the window, the sun was setting and she smiled at the beautiful view.

“Anything you’d like. Walk around the town, eat good food, go to the theater, make love…” Clive laughed as he embraced Heather from behind and rested his chin on her shoulder.

“Oh really?” She smirked as she turned around in his arms pecking his bottom lip.

“Really, darling.” Clive smirked resting his forehead against hers and then pulling her into a passionate and lustful kiss.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When Heather woke up in the next morning, she found herself alone in the room. Clive was anywhere to be seen so she decided to take a shower and put on some clothes, soon after Clive appeared in the room.

“Good morning.” He smiled kissing Heather’s lips, allowing his lips to rest against hers for a few seconds.

“Buongiorno.” Heather smiled widely as Clive grabbed her hand tightly and took her to a small coffee shop, but before they got in Clive took a deep breath and Heather stopped smiling “What is it?” She asked widening her eyes, getting into panic mode, expecting horrible news from him.

“I have something for you and I can’t wait any longer.” Clive said taking another breath as he kneeled down in front of her. Heather covered her mouth with her hand as her eyes filled with tears. She couldn’t believe what was about to happen.

Clive cleared his throat and smiled innocently at her as he took a small black box from his pocket. Heather’s eyes sparkled and filled with joyful tears.

“Heather, will you marry me?” Clive smiled widely as he opened the box and a beautiful ring rested inside.

Heather’s tears ran down her cheeks and she closed her eyes. She wrapped her arms around Clive’s neck, nodding as she smiled happily and took a deep breath.

“I do.” She said opening her sparkling eyes.

Clive put the ring in her finger and started laughing as he wrapped his arms around her waist and lifted her gently from the ground, spinning her in his arms. He had never felt that happy before in his life.

“Oh isn’t that cute.” A female voice spoke.

Heather and Clive released from the hug and stared at her. She was tall, brunette and she had piercing blue eyes. She was attractive and every man was staring at her and at the way her tight black dress made her look even more sensual.

Francesca?” Clive asked in astonishment while Heather kept staring at the woman in front of her.

“Hello Clive. What brings you back to Palermo?” She asked approaching them.

Heather immediately straightened her back and placed her arm around Clive’s arm. For a first impression, she hated that Francesca. She knew Clive but Heather had no idea of who she was and she felt uncomfortable.

“My wedding.” Clive smirked as Francesca stopped on her heels and eyed Heather from head to toe.

“Oh I forgot. Congratulations for both of you… You’re still so romantic Clive.” Francesca sighed obviously trying to provoke Heather.

“Oh you can’t imagine.” Heather replied, Clive’s smirk getting even wider. Deep down, he would love if Heather would step up and leave Francesca begging for mercy.

Clive and Francesca had had an affair two years ago, in his last visit to Palermo. She was a high-society ‘lady’, who chased any man that seemed to have money and crossed her way.

Francesca eyed Heather and Heather eyed her back, she didn’t back down. She stood proudly next to Clive, wearing the ring with a sly smirk in her face.

“I’ll let you be then. I wish you all the happiness in the world.” Francesca said bitterly as she left.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“So?” Jackson asked taking his eyes from his newspaper.

“I found them.” Francesca smirked as she sat across from him and leaned forward.

“Where?” Jackson asked removing his shades, so he could look into her eyes.

“They’re here, in Palermo.”

“How did you know?” Jackson asked curiously.

“Clive hasn’t changed, that’s all. Don’t forget that he was born here and he apparently wants her to be a part of him in every way. He also proposed to her, I saw it happen.” Francesca replied, taking a zip from her mineral water.

“Clive is going to marry Heather?” Jackson asked, at first he was shocked but then he started laughing “I never thought he could have feelings for anyone.” He said ironically.

“Yes Jackson. She didn’t even stutter or stop to think twice. It’s serious between them.” Francesca replied giving him a poisonous look which made Jackson even more amused at how hard she was fighting to hide the jealousy she was feeling.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Clive and Heather were sitting in an isolated park bench, in a deserted part of town. Heather was resting her head in Clive’s chest while their hands were laced together.

“How long have you been planning this?” Heather said still observing the ring in her finger, a tender smile in her face.

Clive smiled, melted with her happiness “Honestly, for quite a while… but I was scared. I never loved someone like I love you.”

Heather moved so she could look into Clive’s eyes “We aren’t that different in romantic matters. Until I met you, I had never met someone who made me feel so good about myself and about life. I guess I had never felt true love.” Heather smile and Clive planted a deep kiss in her forehead.

“I’m really sorry for putting you through this situation. Because of me you had to fly away from your house, from your family, from your friends…” Heather placed her index finger over Clive’s lips to shush him.

“Don’t think like that. I’m here because I want to. There’s always a choice and I chose to be by your side. You are my family too, you are my friend too, you are the man I love.” Heather said and Clive’s eyes softened.

He ran his hand through her long, red hair as he looked deeply into her eyes and then ran his eyes through her beautiful face. All her features were beautiful to him, her body was perfect and he wouldn’t change anything about her.

Clive kissed her passionately “How many days do you need to find a dress?” Clive smiled caressing her cheek softly.

“One is enough.” Heather smiled even wider.

She wasn’t a typical girl. Her biggest dream wasn’t to have a big wedding or even to get married at all. But now she wanted to get married and, even though, it was just going to be her and Clive at the ceremony, to them that was perfect.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm going to update the characters page. Francesca is a new addition but her role in the story won't be very important.
If the links don't work, please let me know.
Sorry for the long chapter but I've had lots of inspiration for this story!