Status: Comment. Keep or Kill?

Falling For You

Angel For Everyone

I watched her sleeping form as she tossed and turned in her bed, sweat trickling down her pale, creamy skin. There were dark circles under her eyes and if I hadn't known better I would've thought she'd gotten punched or something. She turned over restlessly, causing her raven colored hair to spill onto her face, dark blue and green strands touching her cheeks. Her breathing sped up and she gasped taking hold of her thick cotton blanket.

I took a few steps towards her window, knowing that her dream was coming to an end. That was always the worst part of the dreams. I had to leave before she woke up so she wouldn't hear me leave. I realized I was too late as an almost inaudible whimper escaped her pink lips as she shot up from her bed, a look of terror clear on her face. I froze where I was standing by the window, hoping that she would fall back asleep so I could escape without worrying about her hearing.

After a few seconds of waiting, I started to get a little anxious and I knew I was about to blow my cover. My right wing twitched slightly, brushing against the sheer green curtain hanging from the window. The curtain moved just enough for someone to notice and my gaze instantly shot to Avery who was looking right at me. Our eyes locked causing a shock of electricity to course through my body, sending chills down my spine. Most people looked right through me but I could tell this was different. She didn't have that dazed look people had when they were staring at an object. She could obviously see me.

Avery had a look of confusion on her face as she stared right into my eyes. It looked like she was staring into my soul, like she was really seeing me. She closed her chocolate orbs and shook her head thinking it was just a dream. This gave me just enough time to jump through her window before she realized I wasn't a dream. It surprised me that she could see me but I didn't think much of it. I kept telling myself that she couldn't, that she was just seeing a character from her dreams. I didn't want to give myself false hope.

After I got out of the room I let my wings spread and carefully glided to the ground, landing with no noise whatsoever. When I touched the dew covered grass I looked around to see if anyone was on the street with me. When I saw that I was alone I pulled my wings into my back, making myself visible to any human being instead of just other angels. I grabbed the hood of my grey and black jacket, slipping it on my head in case anyone saw me as they were taking a midnight walk. I realized that I tended to catch peoples attention a lot. I think all angels do.

Our eyes stay the same when we transform but everything else pretty much changes. Our hair turns so white that it's almost unnatural. Our skin becomes pale as if we hadn't been in the sun for years. Yeah I hate the color but at least it's not that sickly pale that people get when they're old right? That's just gross. Our skin has this odd way of shining kind of. Not like Stephanie Meyer's vampires but more like a new born child. We have this glow to us. Not only that, we are completely flawless! It's kind of scary. I remember I had this giant scar on my shoulder from burning myself with fireworks but when I changed it just disappeared like it had never even been there. The head angel, Elijah, told us that there is a reason we transform. It let's us walk amongst the humans without them knowing who we are. We may not change facial and body structures or anything but it's enough for people to not recognize us. I understand that. I mean if your son died one day and you saw him roaming the streets the next how would you feel? I'd go freaking insane. It's just hard to change so drastically. It makes us realize that when people say what matters is the inside they aren't lying.

As I walked down the street and away from Avery's house I let my mind wander back to her sleeping form. She looked so terrified when she had her nightmares. I just wished I could help her somehow. I wanted to wipe the tears from her red cheeks and comfort her shaking form. I wanted to wake her up and let her escape her imagination, but I couldn't. I was not allowed to interact with the child I was assigned to.

Supposedly it was allowed before, but someone had fallen in love with the human they were to watch over. After he saved her from an accident he became attached mentally. The angel would pull in his wings and make himself visible so he could talk and interact with the woman to make her feel better while she was in the hospital. Eventually he told her his secret and they fell in love. Elijah was beyond mad but he looked the other way and let them stay together, knowing that true love couldn't be helped. That was, under one condition. The angel could not be very intimate with the women if you know what I'm saying. Eventually the women decided that she wanted a child and the angel ignored Elijah's request, giving his love whatever he could. The day the child was born Elijah found out and became furious. He cursed the angel so that instead of being fallen and aging where he left off like most angels that disobey him, he was turned immortal and forced to live forever with his black wings. His hair became midnight black. As did his finger nails, toe nails, and the whites of his eyes. His wings became permanent and he could no longer pull them in as he wished. He was to live forever with his shame. But that wasn't the worst part. Human's could see the wings so he could never leave the angel kingdom. He is still Elijah's slave to this day. This all happened sixteen years ago when I was only a baby and I was still alive.

A scream echoed through the night bringing me out of my thoughts of the past. I turned around and ran along the shadow covered street, letting my wings out for take off in the process. It surprised me that I didn't see Avery harmed in my mind, yet she was screaming as if she was being tortured. I knew I had to reach her as fast as I could.

The thing about angels is that whoever we are assigned to is linked to our mind.Before harm can come to them a image of what will happen is showed to us because of the link. This is to help us find where they are. Before angels were forbid to interact with their human they would prevent what would happen the best they could. If they succeeded they'd disappear and go on watching the person, if they failed they'd wrap the human in their wings and turn them to an angel. We only do half our job now. If the image is the last we will ever see of the person we take them in our wings. If it's just them getting hurt we have to stand there and let it happen while hoping for the best. We can no longer interfere because it could cause us to get attached to our human.

I reached the house and out of the corner of my eye I saw a man dressed in black running down the road. I brushed him off, my mind too set on getting to Avery. I climbed through the window to her little sister's room and was horrified at what I saw. In the corner of the room was Avery's mother crouched over Alison's toddler bed, screams mixed with sobs escaping her mouth. I walked around her a little to see that the bed was covered in blood, the little girl lying unconscious in the middle of it. My hands balled into fists instantly, angry that someone could do that to a child. I slowly let myself calm down, realizing that doing something unreasonable would be no help at all.

I looked around the room to find that Avery and noticed that she wasn't anywhere in there. I closed my eyes and let me sense of hearing become stronger. I toned out the weeping mother and heard a soft but familiar sob come from down the hall.

I walked out the door of Alison's room not once looking back, knowing that i would break down at the sight of Alison's bleeding body. I couldn't stand to see children hurt like that it just broke my heart. Not only that, I knew how much Avery loved her sister. She brought her anywhere she could.

Thinking that,. I let myself walk faster to reach Avery's room. She was huddled in between her bed and her night stand hugging her knees. She had her head down, her waist length hair curling at her feet. I slowly made my way over to her making no noise at all, hoping she wouldn't feel my presence.

My converse clad foot stopped in front her her and her head snapped up at an amazing speed. She looked right at me but it seemed as if her eyes were unfocused. She closed them and shook her head saying, "Stop! She's not dead! Go away!"

At first I thought she had seen me and told me to go away because of my wings. That was until I noticed she was blinking repeatedly. Then I knew she was seeing her sister. I knew the pain it was causing her. I had to help her. I just couldn't Stand there and let her be torn apart on the inside. As long as she didn't see me it would be fine and my wings made that easy. I stepped closer to her shaking frame after she placed her head back on her knees. I slowly brought my wings forward, wrapping them around her to make her calm.

Angel's wings have a power that let's us calm people. Most accident happen when people panic so calming them usually helps.The problem is that the minute a human is completely engulfed by the feathers they pass out from how relaxed they are.

I felt Avery go limp in my arms and pulled my wings back behind me. I had grabbed her bridal style to keep her from falling when she passed out.

Gently I walked over to her bed and set her down, pulling the blue sheets to her neck. As I turned to leave out the window I heard footsteps echoing down the hall. I jumped from the pane as fast as I could, not wanting to see the tear streaked face of Avery;s mother.

As I walked down the street once more a tear slipped from one of my eyes. I felt like such a wimp for crying but I couldn't help it. Alison was only three. She had a whole life ahead of her.

I looked down at my feet where I had stopped walking. The sound of giant wings filled my ears and I looked up to see an angel flying towards the house I had come from not twenty minutes before. I heard sirens as I turned the corner but a small smile was on my face. even though I couldn't help the child I knew she's be okay. Her angel would reach her soon enough.
♠ ♠ ♠
Woot New chapter.
So the person who was going to write Raphiels P.O.V. is no longer going to do it. I am.
I'm not so good at guys P.O.V.'s sometimes but I'll try my best. I looove comments. They make me want to write more *wink wink nudge nudge* Heh.
Check out my other story? Your Protector.
It's on hold at the moment but I'ts almost done.
Erm I might add on to this little by little because I like to go back and change stuff so if you read it more than once it probably won't be completely the same. Don't think your going crazy.