Status: Comment. Keep or Kill?

Falling For You

True Friends

It's been about a week since I saw Avery at the hospital and I feel terrible for no calling her after I bought my phone. I really wanted to but I have to talk to Seth first. He always knows what to do.

I let my feet swing back and forth freely with the wind as I sat on the giant McDonald's arch that looks over the city. I remember when I was a little kid I dreamed about sitting up high somewhere and watching the city's movement. It's my favorite place to be now, because I can see everything that's happening below me. The children crying for toys, people driving in their cars, teenagers talking on their phones. Even though it's loud there's this peaceful atmosphere that lets me think. I looked up and realized things were beginning to change.It was getting brighter outside and the town lights cut off one by one, revealing the moon in the early morning sky.

The sound of wings beating the air filled my ears as a pair of blue and yellow converse stopping in front of me, hovering near my face. Seth always worse those, making it so anyone could spot him from a mile away. It's probably because of people like him that we turn invisible when our wings come out.

"Hey short stuff." I said, craning my neck so I could see his face. "Have a seat." I patted the spot next to me.

"For your information, I'm not short. I'm obviously fun-sized." Seth inched onto the arch then kicked his legs up, catching the edge of the platform after turning upside down.

"Obviously. I bet Alec likes it too." I smirked, referring to Seth's boyfriend.

He flipped back to sitting normally and his face turned so red I thought I'd have to invent a new color. He shot me a glare and his smile turned to a thin line."Shut up."

He turned his head away from me and I smirked not noticing his master plan. I felt Seth kick me from behind, causing me to tip forward a bit. I wasn't the only one who slipped though. Seth lost his balance and fell from where he was sitting. My mind went in to overdrive and my stomach clenched as I grabbed for him like a parent keeping their child from crossing the street. I reached out for his jacket but the cloth slipped through my fingers as he plummeted into the sky head first, me following close behind.

Normally angels can catch themselves before they even begin to fall but Seth is...a special little angel. Not only does he have terrible reflexes but...his wing isn't in the best of shape. About a year ago, not too long after Seth and I became angels he got into a little...how do I say this? Trouble. We were heading to the arena, where the angels gather for special occasions, to report on our assigned children.

I glared at over at Seth and noticed that he looked slightly anxious. I felt kind of bad for the kid. A lot of the elders already make fun of him because of his presence but what they don't know is that he's all bottled up inside his mind. He thinks I don't see it but I know he's constantly worrying about someone finding out his sexuality. If anyone find out that he is gay he will become a fallen angel and lose his immortality which is one of the greatest shames in the kingdom.

"You okay Seth? You look worried." I asked him as I kept walking.

He looked over at me and smiled. "Yeah. Just a little nervous. I'll be fine once we get there."

" Ok." We weren't really friends since we had just met so I didn't push the issue much and we continued to walk in silence, lost in our own minds.

Seth stopped abruptly and turned around to the sound of a loud, long whistle, causing me to turn also. There were three guys walking behind us, ones I had seen before. They were some of those simple minded elders that believed everything was a sin. I never understood guys like that. I mean where do they learn it from? I know it's not Elijah. He's cool.

The tallest angel, a guy with pale blue eyes as sharp as ice, walked up to Seth and shoved his shoulder, causing him to stumble a little. "Hey fag. Hanging out with your boyfriend?"

I started to lean closer to the guy bothering Seth and to my surprise Seth stepped in my way. I was so shocked. He usually just walks away and ignores people. I mean, don't get me wrong, Seth isn't a wimp. He just doesn't think fighting is how to solve problems. He believes it's a waste of time. Especially with people like these guys. It's impossible to change their mind so there's no point in trying. It's a lost cause.

"Why don't you just shove it? You know what I learned when i was younger? I learned that if someone picks on you it means they like you. So know what that means? You must love me. So clearly I'm not the fag and you are, you faggot." He spit on the ground next to him and balled up his fists in anger.

Without a word, the pale eyed angel grabbed Seth and pulled him into the air, followed by his goons. I raced after them, wings going full speed, causing me to lose balance a few times. When they finally stopped they were above Littany Park, where all of the younger angels hang out. When a child dies young Elijah waits until they are at least sixteen to give them immortality. The three angels were throwing Seth back and forth as he cried for them to leave him alone. His face had gotten redder and tears were threatening to fall. He may be tough but it was an unfair fight.

I flew to them as fast as I could and yelled to Seth. "Don't worry kid. I'll help!" I backed up a bit then rammed straight into a solid body at full speed, causing him to fall off balance. The guy slowly fell and hit the grass beneath him with a soft thud, rubbing his shoulder from the impact. I watched as he tried to fly up, only to fall back to the ground with a grunt of pain. "One down, two to go." I said under my breath, trying to reassure myself. "Let him go you bastards!" I screamed to the other two as I flew closer.

The menacing one stopped playing catch and caught Seth in his arms, holding him with no effort. Seth wiggled to get free and almost kicked the man restraining him, earning a blow to the head. The angels pale, empty eyes met mine for a moment and he smirked, dropping Seth.

I thought Seth would catch himself at first but little did I know, he had been knocked out when he got hit. He gained speed as he tumbled toward the ground, surprisingly falling with the most grace I've ever seen. I suddenly realized where he was going to land and flew after him.

Seth, almost hitting the ground, slowly came to a stop as his wing was torn through by the sharp point on the top of a fence. Blood stained his feathers and he let out a cry of pain. The jolt probably woke him. The most sensitive thing on an angel is his wings so it's near impossible to ignore the pain no matter what state. I folded in my wings a bit, making me get to the ground faster. After I landed I ran to him quickly and got help as soon as I could.


But not soon enough. After that Seth had never flown the same.

I dove off of the place where I was sitting and flew after Seth. Right before he smashed into the building beneath us, i caught him in my arms, pulling myself to a stop and landing on the roof of the restaurant. My heart was pounding and my stomach was twisting in knots, causing me to not focus on Seth, but on breathing. I felt arms go around my waist and something that felt like water slide down my collar bone and seep through my shirt. I didn't think much of it until Seth spoke, bringing me back to reality.

"Th--h-ank you s-so-o much." Tears spilled from his eyes and I pulled him tighter to me.

I'm so happy I caught him. If I hadn't he would've gotten hurt. I don't know what I'd do if that happened. I love Seth. Not like the boyfriend way but like a little brother. I'm protective of him and it would kill me on the inside if he was gone. Just like Shane. He's the only one that keeps me sane in this wannabe paradise called heaven. I remember when I first saw him. He was so different from the others and seemed more in my time period. I knew we could be friends, even if he was a little odd.

All of the angels in the arena cheered as Elijah walked in, a kid a little younger than me in his arms. Every time a new angel appears he is first escorted to the throne room where Elijah sits. Elijah decides weather or not he is qualified to be an angel. If he isn't he gets sent to the angel aid center and learns how to keep track of assignments. If he is Elijah welcomes him. Then he explains where he/she is and what will happen. Once he feels the person is able to handle it he gives them their wrings and lets go of their soul, causing them to die again until their body is adjusted and he wakes them. Some angels can't take the change and don't wake after their death. At the welcoming all of the angels that are in the sky at the time must attend. Everyone sits in the stands as the person is brought in.

We all quieted down once Elijah got to the middle of the arena and set the boy on a circle platform. "Everyone," Elijah said spinning in a circle slowly with his arms open, "We are here today to welcome an an angel that has passed the test to join is in flight. He is strong, brave, and I believe he will teach is great things." Elijah walked back over to the teen and turned around once again with his arms open. "Welcome Seth!" everyone cheered and yelled Seth's name as Elijah walked over to his limp body, touching his forehead to start the angel awakening. "Dear child, I give you the gift of sight." Elijah touched each of Seth's eyes and they snapped open, showing piercing blue eyes. "I give you the gift of sound." Elijah touched his ears. Next he touched Seth's hair. It was a dark brown color. "I give you the gift of knowledge." The boy's eyes began to move and the whole crowd let out a sigh of relief. He was alive. Slowly Seth's brown hair began to fade until it turned white. Elijah smiled slightly and touched Seth's mouth, legs, arms, and back. "And last but not least child, I give you the gift of flight." Seth's skin became a little paler, all of his freckles disappearing as he sat up slowly with the help of Elijah. His wings slowly twitched to life and Elijah grabbed him under the shoulders, tossing him gently into the air. He then stepped aside.

Seth's wings spread and he caught himself in the air, proving he had the angel instinct. A gasp escaped from my friend Alec's mouth and he smiled. "His wings are so...pretty."

I turned to get a better look and realized he was right. Seth's wings spread almost a whole foot past his arms and they had a blue tint. "Yeah." I agreed.

Elijah walked under Seth and looked up at the surprised teen. "Fold your wings child. I have something to give you."

Seth nodded, too shocked to speak, and came down, landing in Elijah's arms. Elijah set him down and help out his uniform, a white dress-like robe. "It is your choice if you wear this every day or not but you must take it. It is required for special occasions.

That got Seth to talk. "I;m not wearing a dress! I'm a manly man."

I stifled a laugh at that. Despite him wearing lime green skinny jeans and a pink shirt with a blue monster on it, he said that. I didn't believe a word. I looked over at Alec for a reaction and he had a smirk plastered on his face. "yes you are." He said, causing me to chuckle. Someone has a crush.

After the welcoming, Elijah picked Alec to be Seth's guide until he knew his way around. This made me happy. Since I hang out with Alec a lot, I was sure I'd make a friend out of the arrangement. And I did.


After a few minutes Seth calmed down and we were sitting on top of the building he'd fallen toward. "So...You sounded pretty upset on the phone. What's up?" Seth asked, smiling at me. God, he reminds me so much of my brother.

"I'm in love with my assigned child."

Seth's eyes got big and he put his hand on my shoulder. "Shit. Are you sure?"

"Positive...I thought you might know...what I should do." I gave Seth a pleading look and he smiled softly.

"If you really love her, go for it. Who knows you could end up like me and Alec. I've got your back. How's that?"

I pulled Seth into a hug. "Perfect. Thanks."

"Anytime."

I let Seth go and sat in silence for a little while. "Seth, you can go see Alec now. I'm sure you miss him. I'll be fine. I'm just going to go see my brother and think for a while.

Seth's face turned red at the mention of Alec and he nodded slightly. "Okay. I'll see you later. And don't beat yourself up about your brother. I'm sure he knows you didn't mean what you said."

I nodded and Seth and I both stood, him going up to find Alec and me going down to get to the graveyard.
♠ ♠ ♠
Phew that was a lot. Ugh I haven't updated in too long. Preoccupied. and I didn't want to type this up honestly. it was so long and it seems choppy when I read it but whatever. It's six pages written<3