Status: Comment. Keep or Kill?

Falling For You

Sitting by the Stones Helps

I walked the narrow street in silence until I reached the rusty. age-stained gates that led into the cemetery. I pushed them with all my force and they swung open, the hinges moaning in protest. I flinched when the gate slammed behind me, but continues on.

Slowly, I made my way down the path to my sister's grave, pushing away the guilt and sadness that was resurfacing.

When I reached Alison's newly marked plot I knelt down in front of the loose dirt, carefully avoiding "sitting" on my sister. As my eyes read over her headstone- a heart with wings- my vision became blurred by tears. Come on Avery. You have to talk to her. I took a deep breath and swallowed hard, forcing the lump out of my throat. "Hey sissy." my voice cracked and I let out a shaky laugh. I was stupid to talk to her, but I did it anyway. "How's it goin'? Wait, don't answer that. it's obviously not going well seeing as you're under the de- under the ground." After a long time of waiting, the tears in my eyes finally spilled over.

"You know, if you're trying to cheer yourself up, that's not going to work."

I jumped slightly and lifted my head, searching for who had spoken. When all I found were rows of headstones, my eyebrows knit together in confusion, waiting for the voice to come again. Surprisingly, I didn't wait long. "To your left," It stated causing me to turn my head. First I saw his wings, then him. on top of a grave stone a few plots away, Raphiel sat, his feet dangling off the edge. He was holding one of his wings, carefully picking at the feathers underneath, but stopped when I reached him. His wing stretched out behind him and I stared in amazement before remembering his complaint from the hospital. obviously though, I realized too late. "Close your mouth. You will catch a bug."

My mouth snapped shut with a click and I rubbed my jaw, glaring at Raphiel. "Jerk."

"Sorry...that was pretty rude." Raphiel grabbed his wing and began picking at again like before. "Anyway, like I was saying, I know you love your sister, but..you have to let go. if you don't, it will slowly kill you."

I sat down by the headstone next to him and frowned, mumbling to myself. "Sorry what was that?" He asked me, smirking like the fool he is.

"I said... I don't see how you'd understand." I stated, my voice fading a bit. When I looked back up, Raphiel's wings had fell limp and his smirk was gone. Oops?

"Look at the name on this grave."

He moved his feet and I began to read aloud. "Seth Alexander Moore. "Who's that?" O whispered, suddenly feeling cold.

"My little brother. He ran away from home when he was 15. I'm only a year older than him so we were close. One night, he just took off without a word. I haven't seen him again since." A tear slipped from Raphiel's eye and he wiped it away slowly.

"You don't have to tell me. It's okay if you don't want to finish." I said softly. He may have been mean but I was just as rude.

"No you need to hear this." Raphiel took a deep breath and began again. " About a year after he ran away, he was found dead. When I heard the news I acted like I was completely fine, but on the inside, I'd died with him.

"That same night, I went to a party with my girlfriend Jolene and drink myself into oblivion. On the drive home... I got into an accident and... died on the way to the hospital." Raphiel's eyes spilled over again and I could tell he was holding back sobs.

"Stop! You don't have to tell me. I understand. I get it, just stop." I don't know why I snapped but I couldn't take it any longer. I wanted him to leave me be. I wanted to never hear him finish the story. I mean he was telling me that he died because of his siblings death. I don't want to hear that. I don't want to die. I wont.

Ignoring my plea, Raphiel went on. " I remember that night so clearly. Before I ran into that car, I didn't see my life flash before my eyes. I saw Seth. He was talking to me. 'Jacob,' he said. 'How could you do this to yourself? How?' You know what I did? I looked at him and said, 'This is all your fault.' After that everything went black. I'll never forgive myself." When Raphiel was done he looked at me, tears spilling from his gentle eyes.

"You jerk!" I yelled, standing up. I couldn't help it. I didn't care that he was crying. i didn't care that he was trying to help. I just couldn't do it anymore. I wanted to yell at someone, throw something, anything to get revenge on this world for taking my baby sister. "Why would you tell me something like that? You don't even know me! I had everything in check. All of my feelings were pushed away, never to return, and you...you come in and fuck it all up. I hate you!" I ran to Raphiel and hit his chest repeatedly, not stopping until I was exhausted. When my tantrum finally ceased I let my arms wrap around Raphiel's neck. His arms wrapped around my waist and we just sat there in silence. That was when I had realized something.

He did this on purpose. No, not to make me upset, but to help me let it out. I needed this and he knew it. "Thank you." I said softly, letting my head fall against his chest. I hadn't noticed that he had gotten up during my little fit and was surprised when I was lifted from the ground.

"I'm happy to help. I'd like to thank you too though. I really needed to talk about that and you gave me a good reason. Thank you Avery," Raphiel hugged me against him and held me there as i cried. When I stopped and looked up at him, he smiled.

"You're going to be okay Avery. I'm your gaurdian angel and...I'll protect you no matter what. I love you..." He whispered the last part quietly as he set me on the ground.

I hung my head. "I'm sor-"

"Don't." He cut me off. "I know. You don't know me that well. I didn't expect you to say it back. I just...want you to know okay? And if you ever feel the same, tell me, alright?"

"Yeah." I gave him a small nod and a smile. "I have to go back to my mom, but... thanks for everything. Also... don't stay away for so long. Call me this time yeah?"

"I promise." Raphiel grinned. "Bye Avery."

"Bye." And with that, I walked home, the sun setting behind me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Lol is it bad that I laughed when he said went black? I had watched this movie and the guy says, you go black you dont go back or something haha. i couldn't help it. <3