‹ Prequel: Seize The Day
Status: Complete

Unbound (The Wild Ride)

((22))

A month has come and gone and Sasha is finally home.

I couldn't be happier.

She's rooming with me for the time being.

She doesn't want to go back to the house she shared with Chris.

And I don't blame her at all.

As far as I'm concerned, she can stay as long as she wants.

The only problem is Jonathan.

He's been bugging me to talk to Sasha about coming to stay with him.

In my opinion, I think it would be a good idea.

But I don't want to force Sasha into another mans arms if she's not ready.

Even if that man is my brother.

I sat on the couch with Sasha's head in my lap.

Her hands were resting on her stomach and she was rubbing slow circles into it.

I couldn't help but smile.

"How's my niece or nephew doing?" I asked her.

"Good. Doctor said there doesn't seem to be any complications that they can see. I can't tell you how happy I was to hear that." Sasha said with a grin.

I smiled down at her and ran my fingers gently through her hair, looking at her face.

The swelling has gone down tremendously and her bruises are started to turn yellow and fade.

"And Jonathan? How are things with him?" I asked nonchalantly.

A grin came on Sasha's face and I smiled as well.

"He's great, Cee. A complete gentleman. Always opens doors for me, pulls out my chair, gets my drink for me and makes me food. He even gave me a foot rub last week while we were watching a movie." Sasha said with a smile.

"He's a good man, Sash. I wouldn't let him near you if he wasn't, even if he's my brother." I told her.

"I know. It's just, it's just scary to trust someone right now. I'm just getting used to being away from Chris. I'm vulnerable and I don't want to just throw myself at Jonathan and be dependent on him. I want to be able to stand on my own." She told me.

I smiled down at her.

"I understand what you're saying. And I can't explain to you how proud I am. I think you should take as much time as you feel is necessary. Jonathan isn't going anywhere. And he'll wait for you as long as you want. He loves you, and he loves the baby. All he wants is a chance to prove that to you." I told her.

"I know he loves me. I can feel it. Every thing he does for me. The way he holds me, the way he kisses me, like I'm some fragile doll that's going to break if he holds me too tight. I don't want him to feel like I don't love him too. Because I do. So much. I don't think I've ever felt this way about anyone. And it scares me." She admitted.

"I'm scared too Sasha." Came Jonathan's voice from the doorway.

We both turned in shock to see my brother coming closer and closer.

Sasha's eyes were wide as saucers as Jonathan got closer and closer.

I sat dumbfounded and not knowing what to do.

So I stayed quiet and watched.

Jonathan came and kneeled in front of Sasha and took her hands gently in his.

"I know you're scared Sasha. And I totally understand why. Any person that's been through have of what you have would be. Hell, I'm scared too. But I love you. And I would never dream of making you feel forced into being with me. If you want to be with me, I want it to be on your terms and when you're ready. I don't want you to feel pressure in any way. No matter what you're decision is, I'm still gonna be here. For you and for our baby. I love you will all my heart, and as long as you're safe and happy, I will be too." Jonathan said.

Sasha's eyes were brimmed with tears and I thought for sure she was gonna run away.

But instead, she threw her arms around Jonathan's neck and started kissing him like crazy.

"I love you." She kept murmuring between kisses.

I could see the look of pure joy on my brothers face.

I saw his arms wrap around her tightly and he pulled her closer to him.

I softly got up, not wanting to break up this moment, but also not wanting to be here for what was gonna happen next.

I quietly got my keys and wallet and headed for the door.

The last thing I saw was Jonathan gently lifting up Sasha and carrying her towards the back of the apartment.

I smiled as I quietly closed the door and made my way to my car.

Things are finally going good.

For Sasha and Jonathan.

For me and Brian.

For everyone.

I had a permanent smile on my face as I made my way to my car and got in.

I drove in the silence, just admiring the peace and quiet as I made my way to Huntington Beach.

To Brian.