‹ Prequel: Seize The Day
Status: Complete

Unbound (The Wild Ride)

((06))

My cousins had run inside, yelling at the top of their lungs, that I was here with friends and a boyfriend.

I shook my head and smiled.

"News spreads fast around here." Matt laughed.

"Sure does. Kind of hard to be sneaky with little eyes and big mouths everywhere." I said with a laugh.

We walked through the house, passing random family members who I all waved to.

I had let go of Brian's hand so I could lead them in.

I ended up at the end of the group when we finally made it to the backyard where my family was.

It was definitely packed.

I could see my brothers all standing by the grill talking to my uncle Raj who I grinned at when he looked at me.

I caught glimpses of my family everywhere and I felt so at peace.

"Holy crap! This is all family?" Zacky asked.

"Yeah." I said with a smile.

"I love big families." Val squealed.

"You know what that means Matt." Jimmy said suggestively, hitting Matt playfully.

We all laughed at the worried look on Matt's face.

"Hey cynthia!" Nathaniel yelled.

I turned and saw my baby brother running towards me.

He squeezed me tightly and lifted me off my feet.

"Whoa! I missed you too." I said with a laugh.

"Hey guys. Hey Val." He said with a huge smile as he shook hands with the guys and gave Val a kiss on the cheek.

"Happy to see you guys. Cynthia never brings people home." Nathaniel said.

"So we've heard." Johnny said.

We all laughed.

"Yeah, she thinks we're intimidating. Pssh yeah right." He said, looking around.

Three of my big football playing cousins passed by, giving me a kiss and the guys warning glances. "Yeah, no idea why she would think your family is intimidating." Johnny said.

"You get used to them." I said.

"Lia's been waiting for you." Nathaniel said.

I grinned and looked around.

"Where is she?" I asked.

I've missed her so much.

"Inside the last time I saw her. You all thirsty?" He asked.

They nodded.

"Beers good?" He asked again.

They all nodded eagerly.

"Just water for me." Val said.

"Whatever you say beautiful." He said with a grin as he walked off.

I shook my head as the guys laughed.

"He's been spending way too much time with James." I laughed.

"I take that as a compliment, little sister." James said from behind me.

I turned around and smiled.

"Speak of the devil." I said.

"Naw, just me. Devil went home early." He said with a smirk.

"Aren't you just so funny." I mocked.

"I do have my talents, yea. Thank you for noticing." James said in a cocky voice.

"You should learn to shut that trap of yours. That would be a talent worth bragging about." Jonathan said.

I laughed at James' face and hugged my brother.

"Glad you came." Jonathan said, kissing my forehead.

"Cynthia, where's the bathroom?" Brian asked quietly from behind me.

"Just down the hall on the right." I said.

"Okay thanks. I'll be right back." Brian said, walking past us and greeting Jonathan before he disappeared inside.

"Wheres Lia?" I asked.

"Cynthia?" I heard someone call.

I turned and saw my Lia standing there, a bowl of potato salad in hand.

I grinned and ran to her, hugging her tightly.

"I've missed you so much Lia." I squealed.

She kissed my forehead and pulled away to look at me.

"You need to come around more often, we miss seeing you." She said softly.

I smiled and hugged her again.

"I know, I'll come more. Schools been crazy. I brought some friends I want you to meet." I said excitedly.

"Friends? I hear there's a boyfriend too. He as nice as the last boy I met? Tyler was it?" She asked. "Even better." I said.

"Let me meet them." She said with a smile.

I turned her around and went to stand by the group.

One by one I introduced them until I got to Val.

"And this girl, you already know." I said.

"Valary? My goodness its been years. Still just as beautiful as ever I see." Lia said.

Val grinned and hugged my grama tightly.

"I've missed you." Val said.

"I have too. Its hard to be without one of my granddaughters." She said, kissing Val's forehead.

"And look at these handsome men. You can call me Lia, grama, or my name Liza." My grama said with a grin.

The guys all gave my grama a hug as Nathaniel came and handed them their drinks.

"Where's this boy I need to meet?" My grama asked.

"He should be out any minute." I said.

"Uncle Raj was talking to Brian. You still have to introduce him too." Nathaniel said.

"He'll be in there for a minute." I said.

I felt a hand on my waist and I smiled.

"Lia, this is my boyfriend." I said with a huge smile.

I heard a nervous cough and I looked at my grama.

"He isn't new. I've met him before. How are you Tyler?" My grama asked.

My eyes widened in shock and I turned to look at Tyler's smiling face.

"Hey babe." He said.