So Heartless

good girl

"“The greater the power, the more dangerous the abuse.”
~ Edmund Burke

Image

"So, Lauren invited us to a party this Saturday," she leant on the desk edge, her arms crossed in front of her chest, waiting for his thoughts on the matter. "I mean, we don't have to stay long, but I just thought it would be polite-"

"Not now babe, I'm busy," he promptly inturrupted without looking at her, too engulfed in his paperwork for his car.

"Hon, I just thought it would be polite to show up," she spoke, despite him being too busy to hear what she had to say. She could tell that he was losing his patience, and it was because of her. She tried not to show her irritation as well, clenching her jaw to stop herself from speaking up on the matter.

He dropped his paper on the desk, his fingers immediately pinching the bridge of his nose. "Alright, we'll go," he said after a moment of intense debating. "Babe, what did you buy this week?"

She lowered her eyes to the carpet, this time biting her tongue. She dug her nails in her arms, most likely making marks in the skin. "Just two dresses and a shirt." She avoided his stare, but she could tell he was looking at her, his stare definitely not friendly.

"Sophia, look at me." She heard the demand clearly, but she still hesitated looking at him. The condesending tone, the dissaproving stare. She was used to it by now, but it still made her feel like some insignificant teenager who just partied all night and now their dad just found out. And it was like she predicted. She looked up at him, his eyes were judging her. She already knew what was coming next, after all, they had this conversation so many times before.

"You spent $56 on two dresses and a stupid shirt?" His tone was doubting and she already knew that there was more to come. "How can you do this to me, Soph? This is the sixth week you've done this. I have money, but I don't have that much money."

Now she just felt like a child who was getting scolded by her father. She looked down, daring her lip to tremble or her eyes to sting. She was used to this. She should be used to this, at least, just a little.

"I don't mean to sound harsh babe, but I'm not made out of money," he said, his arms wrapping around her in a hug. He knew that she was going to cry sooner or later, he hoped later so he woudn't have to get her ice cream and watch some sappy drama with her. "I ..." he stopped, sighing. "Just watch out how much you spend next time, okay?" He pulled back, looking at her from armslength.

Sophia sniffed pathetically, raising her eyes to meet his. Her smile was a terrible excuse for one, but it seemed to appease him because he smiled and kissed her on the forehead.

"Good girl, now go make lunch and we'll go to the park or something."

She grinned, the dark cloud almost disappearing from above her head. "Okay," she chirped, standing on her tip toes to peck him on the lips. She spun around on her heels and fluttered out of the room, practically running down the stairs, into the kitchen where she proceeded to make finger sandwiches.

At exactly 1:00, Noah was done filling out the paperwork for his car. He jogged down the stairs, going into the kitchen, probably checking if his lovely girlfriend of two years was finished packing their lunch. "You done yet, babe?" he wondered aloud, wrapping his arms around her torso, his head resting on her shoulder.

His motions made her giggle and she nodded. "Yup, just need the applejuice and I'm done," she replied, getting some on the go mugs from the cabinet. She giggled once more as she felt his hand brush her hair over her shoulder, his lips leaving a trail of kisses on the side of her neck.

"Hm, have I told you how much I love you today?"

"I don't think you have."

Noah spun her around so she was facing him. He made sure there was no space between their bodies, making her back push against the counter. Their foreheads connected as he looked at her, that crooked like smile on his face. "Well I do," he said before kissing her. "And I always will forever and ever and ever-" Her giggle broke his little love speech making him quirk an eyebrow.

"God, I love your giggle." Before she could say something, he was already supporting her and carrying her to the table.
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright, well, I kinda lied. I said that this would be up as soon as I found a beta ... i didn't find one yet. So, if you guys see any grammar mistakes or wording mistakes, feel free to say so. As always, I appreciate the comments and your thoughts. <3