Status: hiatus

Jealousy's an ugly word

Fun.

Image

It had been a few days since the party, I really hadn't talked to any one since then, except for Smurf. She and I caught up on everything that's happened since I moved away, and now we were closer than ever. I started my job at the studio, doing little things to start, paper work really, and a few shoots here and there but it wasn't anything major, and that was fine with me. Despite my fathers health, both he and my mom thought it would be a good idea to take a few days away from everything and go to Vegas. So here I was on my day off, sitting on my bed, thinking about everything, at the lovely time of 4:30 AM. I tossed my head back on my pillows.

I didn't enjoy seeing Alex at the party, he and I were in a relationship a long time ago, but that didn't mean I was friends with the asshole. He was part of the reason I moved. After he broke things off with me, things got hard, and confusing. I really thought I was in love with the guy, we were together for over a year, but then like nothing, he fell out of love with me. I couldn't look at another guy, let alone talk to one without feeling guilty. So I did the one thing I felt I could do, and that was to move to the other side of the country. I can't say it didn't help, because it did.

I made new friends, was able to have a relationship here and there but none of them worked out. The only thing I didn't really like about any of the relationships I was in, was that I never forgot any of them, especially Alex. Going through that break up was like any other, and then when I tried, stupidly, to get him back he became violent, he wasn't the man I thought I was in love with anymore. And now knowing that he was still friends with the other guys, just made my heart drop.

Both Matt and Brian seemed to have some feelings towards me, Johnny had his girlfriend and Zacky had Smurf. Though Brian always reacted to me different, every time he looked at me it was like he was screaming that he cared about me, but I didn't want to hear it. Matt was always flirty with me, but we'd always been like brother and sister.

My phone started ringing and I looked over at my clock, it was almost 7AM now. I really need to stop thinking so much. I reached over to grab my phone and it stopped ringing, and in a matter of seconds I had a voice mail. I picked up the phone and punched in the numbers to listen to my voice mail.

"Hey Ari, it's Brian. Um, I haven't heard from you in a few days, I was just, um, calling to check in. Call me back when you get this. Later."

I shut the phone, and just looked at it, confused. It was almost 7AM and Brian Haner called me to check in? Well someone must miss me a little. I threw the covers off my legs and swung them over as they hit the carpet. Since it was my day off I thought I'd get a shower, then give Brian a call back to see what he was up to.

After I got dressed, I grabbed my phone and called Brian, it rang a few times, and I thought about hanging up, but then I heard his voice, which made me jump.

"Hey Ari, sorry, I wasn't near my phone. How've you been?" He said laughing a bit. Which was good, it means he's in a good mood.

"Hey, nothing much, sitting around the house, not much to do really."

"Oh, I didn't wake up you did I?" He sounded like he was getting ready to give me the apology of the year.

"No," I giggled, then bit my lip, I didn't know if I should tell him that I haven't been to sleep yet, or just play it off. I chose to tell him, I'd kick myself later. "I, um, haven't actually been sleeping that well lately, I was in the shower when you called."

There was silence on the other end of the phone. Now's when I started kicking myself.

"Oh, I'm sorry, that sucks you haven't been sleeping." He replied, I could tell he was actually pretty bummed about this.

"Nah, it's all good" I said with a small laugh to play it off, it worked.

"Ha, if you say so, but I was actually going to ask you if you wanted to do something today."

"Oh? Like what?"

"The hell if I know," He laughed "How about we start with breakfast?"

"Sure, you want me to come meet you or.." He cut me off.

"No, I'll come get you."

"Do you even know where I live Brian?" I giggled

"Not a fucking clue, but I'm sure I can figure it out, that is, if someone would be so kind as to give me directions."

"You are such a dork." I laughed.

I gave him the directions to my apartment and hung up the phone. He told me he would be here in about 15 or 20 minutes. Which only told me, I only had that amount of time, to find something to wear out, and do my make up.

Fun.