Status: hiatus

Jealousy's an ugly word

A shot

Serafina's jaw had dropped to the floor as Buddy just laughed at her. Next thing I knew I was
falling over and landed on my back, with Serafina on top of me giving me the biggest hug of
all time. I started laughing when she helped me back up on to my stool.

"Wow, just wow, I didn't think I was going to see you again!" She said with a toothy grin showing off her perfectly white straight teeth, clearly she was happy that I had come back into town.

"I know. I never thought I would be back but with everything going on with dad I decided to come home" I said.

After catching up with my long time best friend I heard some laughter coming from the table with all the staring eyes, soon followed by the sound of footsteps. I shook it off and continued talking.

"Excuse me, Ariella?" A voice from behind me said, I watched as Serafina's eyes got wider, as did her smile.

I turned around meting a pair of hazel eyes, and the cutest dimples ever.
'Why do I think I should know him?' I asked myself, and with that thought, it hit me like a ton of bricks.

"MATTY!" I blurred out throwing my arms around his neck, he smelled the same as he did in high school, causing me to giggle. His arms snaked around me and I felt all the muscles that made up is tattooed arms. After a few moments we parted.

"I thought it was you when Buddy said something, but I couldn't be sure till Smurf confirmed it." He said with a laugh

"That's because I would know my best friend anywhere!" She yelled. "Buddy! A round of shots for everyone one!"

Both Buddy and Matt laughed. Buddy got the shots ready, as Matt walked over to the group of guys that had finally stopped staring at me, well that is all but one. One set of coffee brown eyes were still set on me, and I could place his face with a name, it was really starting to bug me.

Matt and the three other guys walked up to the bar, joining Smurf and I. Buddy set a shot glass in front of everyone, as Smurf raised hers up in the air.

"A shot, to having Ari back in our lives, and to Jimmy, may he always be in our lives!"

Every one clicked the small glasses against each other, and then knocked their heads back and slammed the glasses back to the bar at the same time. I had no idea what Serafina was talking about when she said about Jimmy. I looked at the guys and a slight sign of hurt flashed over all their faces.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image