Status: hiatus

Jealousy's an ugly word

The Same Feeling

Image

After we took a few steps into the house Brian's hand took a spot on the small of my back, I didn't know if he was just being nice or if this was a sign for something that I was missing. The house was beautiful and very clean, but you could still tell a man lived here. Every one was out in the back yard, Matt was by the grill cooking food, Zacky and Johnny were laughing and carrying on like they always did. As soon as Matt turned around Brian's hand fell off my back and he went to grab a beer. Matt smiled and walked his way over to me.

"Hey," He pulled me into a tight hug, as I hugged him back the same way I did with Brian I noticed he smelled amazing, but I didn't have the same feeling I had when Brian took me in his arms, weird "Not everyone's here yet." He said rubbing his neck, looking some what disappointed. "Smurf is on her away and a few others are coming over"

I frowned, I probably wasn't going to know anyone else that was coming over, but I shrugged it off. Matt went back to the grill while I went to grab a beer and join the rest of the guys. We were deep in conversation about what's happened with me since High School, since most of their stories were already pretty much told. I sipped my beer, and told them that I had been doing some photography back in PA, after about an hour Serafina made one of her famous entrances.

"What up bitches?!" She yelled to us from the door, carrying two more cases of beer. Zacky got up and helped her get it put away.

I sat still sipping my beer, I was never a fan of beer, I was always one for the harder stuff, but for now a little beer would do. I heard more foot steps coming from inside the house, and a laugh that shook me to my core. I took a deep breath and held it while his body came to view by the door. This could not be happening right now. Brian must have noticed my discomfort, but quickly pushed that aside and asked a very stupid question, which I should have hit him for.

"Ari, you remember Alex from High School don't you?" He asked, almost whispering.

I wanted nothing more than to get the hell out of here, and punch Brian for now remember what had happened all those years ago between me and that thing standing by the door laughing with Matt with his arm around some chick I've never seen before.

"Yes Brian, I remember him quite well." I stated, I must be dreaming, that's the only possible explanation I had for this was that I was dreaming, I was having a nightmare, and though I've fought all these year's to push Alex to the very pit of my memory, there he was.

Serafina came over to us, grabbing my arm and towing me away from everyone, including my beer, which right now I needed badly, either that or a cigarette.

"I'm so sorry, I didn't think he was actually going to show up, usually he doesn't, but Matt must have told him you were in town again." She said with an apologetic look washing over her face. Serafina knows every gritty little detail that ever happened between Alex and I.

"Were all the guys dropped on their heads after I left? Brian just asked me if I remember the guy, and now Matt may have told him that I was back in town and was going to be here?" I was keeping my voice low, so that no one could hear our conversation, but even if they did, at the moment, I wouldn't have cared.

"Ari, I'm so sorry, if I would have known I would have explained that inviting him was an uber bad idea." She pulled me into a hug, I hugged her back and looked up at the sky trying to find some answer that wasn't there as to what I should do, but I never got my answer.

We walked back over to Brian who was, much to my dismay, talking to Alex. I kept my head down and walked over towards Zacky.

"Zacky, I need a smoke...now" He looked at me confused, but gave me the cigarette any ways.

I lit the cancer stick up and the nicotine hit me and instantly mellowed me out.