Status: i'll update when possible. :)

I Ain't Leaving Here Without You

control

As we walked by one window, I saw the cutest sundress on display. “Angel, look at that!”

“That is too cute! You have to go try it on.” She practically pushed me into the little shop and into a dressing room while grabbing the dress on the way.

“No fair, you have to try something on now too!” I called form my changing area.

“Way ahead of ya there sister!” She said teasingly as her voice sounded form the stall beside mine.

There was a moment of silence while I looked in the mirror, the dress was cute I really like it.

“Are you ever going to come out and show me?” I heard Angel say, she could be quite persistent when she wanted something.

I pulled the curtain back, stepped out and did a little twirl. “What do you think?”

“You have to get it!” Angel said with a smile on her face.

She had on a pretty black, loose fitting top that had flowers around the neckline. “And you are so getting that!”

“Ya think?” She asked, and I could hear the hesitance in her voice.

“Definitely! Brian won’t be able to keep his hands off you if he saw you wearing it. And if you won’t buy it for yourself then I’m buying it for you!” I said with a grin on my face.

She smiled at me as we both went back into our respective changing rooms and got dressed into our own clothes again. Once we were back in our rightful clothes we went and paid for our items before walking out and continuing our window shopping. We passed a little baby and toddler shop before Angel broke our comfortable silence.

“Did I tell you that Brian and I talked about trying for another baby again?” She said with a slight smile tugging at her lips as we started our trek back to the spa.

“No you did not!” I said in slight shock.

“Yeah, we both kinda want another little one running around. That and Bri has his little boy and now I want a little girl.” Angel admitted.

“Well I don’t think Brian would particularly mind trying to give you a girl.”I said with a giggle.

“Bailey!” Angel exclaimed as she smacked me on the arm.

“What?!” I asked. “You damn well know that it’s true!”

She just blushed slightly and resorted to ignoring me. I shook my head still giggling a little bit as we neared the spa and saw Val and Lacey standing out front waiting for us. When we got to them we all exchanged hugs and hellos before walking into the relaxing environment. I walked up to the reception desk and told them that I had a spot at 2 for four. They led us over to four empty pedicure chairs that were all next to each other. On our way to the chairs we all picked out nail polish and took our shoes off. The water was already running in the basin as we stuck our feet in and got comfortable. Someone then came by and asked us if we wanted anything to drink and we all requested iced teas.

“Thanks for suggesting this today Bail! A day of relaxation sounded so good!” Val said from beside me.

“It sure did!” The rest of us agreed.

“So how’s the wedding planning coming along?” Lacey asked.

“Good, I just need to find a day where all the guys aren’t doing anything so I can go with them to pick out their tuxes and do their fittings.” I informed them.

The girls just laughed, sometimes working around the guy’s schedule was a little difficult.

“Good luck with that. You’ll probably just need to schedule a day and tell them that they all better be there or you’ll kick their asses.” Val said with a laugh.

“Like I could make all those guys do anything or feel threatened.” I laughed.

“Just threaten to withhold the goods on Zacky and he’d be all over everyone’s asses to be there.” Lacey suggested while failing to conceal her amusement.

I couldn’t help but laugh at how true that probably was.

“Guys and their priorities,” I sighed.

We all let out some more fits of giggles. As we relaxed back into our chairs and took sips of our iced tea. When they got to the massaging of the foot I nearly fell asleep I was so relaxed. Once we were all done I went and paid since it was my treat to everyone and then we all parted ways with promises to get together again real soon. Angel and I drove back to her house in contented silence. When we pulled into her driveway I killed the engine and we both walked into the house in search of our men. We found them right where we left them, goofing off in the media room. The both looked up at us with a smile when we entered the room.

“Did you guys have fun?” Brian asked.

“Yup,” we both replied.

“It was nice to hang out, just us girls.” I finished.

“Glad you both had fun.” Zacky said. “You ready to go home?”

“Ready when you are.” I told him with a smile.

He nodded his head confirming that he was ready to leave so we all exchanged hugs and good-byes and in no time, Zee and I were back in the comforts of our own home. Upon walking in the front door we were attacked by the wild animals known as Ichabod and Majesty. I walked them to the back door, opening it to let them out to do their business. They both took off like a shot. I left the door open for them as I went and checked on their food and water and refilled both. I heard the clicking of claws on the floor signaling their return and turned around to see them both digging into their food as if they had been starved for days. I giggled at them as I went over and closed the back door wondering where my fiancé went.
I went upstairs and into mine and Zack’s room with the intent to change into some comfy pajamas when I noticed the balcony door open and the screen closed with the smell of cigarettes wafted into the room. I walked over to the balcony to see Zacky sitting on the swinging bench with a cigarette between his fingers and placed between his lips. I opened the screen and stepped out onto the balcony, letting the smoke from the cigarette envelope me. I sat down beside Zack, resting my head on his shoulder. He wrapped his arm around me and I snuggled into him more.

“What’s on your mind babe?” I questioned as I looked out towards the beach.

“What makes you ask that?” He asked as he absentmindedly traced circles on my arm with his calloused fingers.

“Do you forget that I know you better than anybody and I can tell when something is up?” I asked.

“Yeah, I know. I would just like to think that I’m not that easy read sometimes. But that is one of the things that I love about you.” He said as his lips brushed the top of my head.

“So what is it?” I asked again.

“Well…I was just thinking about our future together and how things will be. Well, what I want it to be like, and I realized that we only have control over so much of it. Say something was to happen tomorrow, something that we couldn’t control and it could have the potential to throw everything off.” He explained.

I swung my legs into his lap and wrapped my arms around him. He took a long pull off of his vice.

“You know we can’t control everything babe, we just have to take life as it comes at us and make the best of it that we can.” I told him. “What brought this on anyways?”

“Honestly?”

“Yes, honestly Zack,” I told him seriously.

“What you had said earlier at Brian and Angel’s earlier.” He admitted.

“Oh, babe, you know I wasn’t serious right? Please tell me that you knew I was kidding?” I pleaded.

“I know, but it just got me thinking…” He said, trailing off as he took another drag.

“I’m sorry Zack, I shouldn’t have said that.” I told him earnestly, snuggling closer to him.

“It’s okay, you didn’t know. My mind works in weird ways sometimes. You know that better than anyone.” He told me.

“Hey now, you know mine is just as bad, if not worse.” I giggled. “I’ve told you things that I don’t dare tell anyone else.”

He chuckled as he kissed the top of my head again. He took one last drag of his cigarette before dropping it to the ground to stomp on it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope everyone is still enjoying the story!
subscribe&comment
It makes my day and brings big smiles to my face!

<3 Lysi