Status: Active

What Hurts the Most... 6 Years Later

A Proposal and A Job

Andrea:

“Dante, where are we going?” I laughed lightly as my boyfriend dragged me behind him

“You’ll see.” He said smiling wickedly. His long curly locks bounced, catching in the moonlight, his bright brown eyes sparkled with happiness and I couldn’t help but smile. We were walking in the park where we first met

“Close your eyes.” He instructed. I obeyed, itching to open them back up. He let go of my hand and I heard him walk a little ways.

“Open.” I opened my eyes and looked around. We were in the little gazebo where we had shared our first kiss. It looked so beautiful in the moonlight.

“Turn around.” I turned to face Dante but realized he was on his knees. I gasped as he opened a small little black box that contained the most gorgeous ring I had ever seen.

“Andrea, I love you and only you. Marry me.” Tears sprang in my eyes as I said that simple little word.

“Yes!” He smiled, tears slightly glittering in his eyes as he slipped the ring on my finger. I wrapped my arms around him and kissed him passionately. He lifted me slightly and spun me around.

“This, is the best day of my life.” I whispered. But, there was that annoying thought, that thought of him was edging in my mind and a small sense of longing, that slight wish that is was him and not Dante. I pushed those thoughts from my head and continued to kiss the love of my life.

Dante:

I had been planning this for awhile, I knew she would love it. She loved the nighttime. She loved the silvery moonlight catching the leaves of the trees. To me, she was the moon and the stars. Bringing light to the dark. But, she was brighter then both put together. She was mine. My whole world. I loved her more then anything in the world.

Kevin:

“I’m breaking up with you Kevin.” Hannah said nervously, shifting her weight from one foot to the other. I nodded carefully.

“I know you’ve been wanting to do it for a while, but you didn’t have the courage, so I’m doing it for you.” She said, sniffling slightly. The sad part was that she was right.

“I packed my things and I’m leaving tonight.” She continued. I nodded, slightly stunned. She went into our room, grabbed her things, and left. I watched her leave, but didn’t say anything. What was there to say?

I sighed and looked back at the paper. Jobs were so hard to find. I scanned, looking for anything slightly appealing. One ad in particular caught my eye. It was for a waiter at “Marino's Italian”, one of the fanciest restaurants in town. Eh why not? If I can’t join the high life, might as well serve it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Eh, it's short and I think it sounds a little stupid and it's more of filler chapter... Tell me what you think!