What's Down There?

Relations

I watch as Nina and Jordan come out of whatever room they were in. Nina appears mad and Jordan seems tired. Something told me they weren't talking about me or the situation we were in. But maybe I'm just paranoid for no reason.

"Look. I'm not here to argue. I just really want to get out of here before I'm killed. Izzy and Jank are gone. Who knows whose next. And how we will die. We shouldn't split up at all. I don't think the spirits will get us when we're all together," Max says.

"What I don't get is. How is it that nobody has came down here?" Gina says. We all look at each other and think. It was funny nobody could hear us after all our screaming and the fact my grandfather told us to not go down here. You would have thought my parents would have been came. It had been two days. We only had a little food left and everyone's battery except Gina who had a charger, went out.

" Maybe this is our punishment for smoking weed," Nina says. We all groan and sigh.

"Hey...I'm reading more of this book. Listen," Max says.

" A young girl who was 16 got pregnant by another patient here. She had bipolar disorder, anxiety disorder, and depression. The boy was 19. Had violent manic episodes, Narcissistic personality disorder, and was obsessed with her supposedly. Your grandfather found the two an interesting couple and loved to send them on dates. The boy would beat the girl to a bloody pulp and your grandfather would see if she would go back to him every-time. They didn't really experiment on them. It was kind of their "entertainment" at the hospital. So when he found out she was pregnant. He was at first excited. Even the doctors were. When the baby was going to be born, they were going to open his brain up and put a few drugs in there to make sure he/she wasn't born with their parents mental disorders. After 2 months, the boy became jealous of how much the girl loved her baby. So one night, he went crazy and killed her. Stabbing her with a piece of the wooden crib the doctors had given as a early gift."

"Oh god," Nina says. I look at her and notice her eyes getting watery. Shes sensitive.

"There are so many more... Each one worst than the other."

" I want to hear another one," Jordan says looking amused. I roll my eyes and watch as Max flips through the pages.

" Um...I don't know how you'll feel about this one Gina. But it's interesting. Apparently, your grandfather had crushes on African American nurses who worked in the hospital. He had many affairs with them. One of his favorites was one named Martha. She was gorgeous apparently and would always reject him. It got to the point where he... let her get raped by many of the patients. She was desperate for a job for her 3 kids and her husband had been killed. She came back every day knowing she would be raped. Martha eventually developed depression, anorexia, and a few other disorders. Her kids were murdered also. She was submitted into the hospital. Your grandfather would always use the chance to rape her. Eventually, Martha murdered every single one of the guys who raped her. Luckily for your grandfather, she decided not to murder him. No one knew why. They claimed she was scared of him and never had the guts. Your grandfather eventually drugged her with a new drug he made and she died instantly. Her last words were ' The devil shall get you.'"

" Your grandfather is horrible," Gina whispers. Everyone nods at me and I just shake my head.

3rd Person POV

Nina and Jordan were shaking listening to the story about the young couple. Nina felt a chill creep up her back and Jordan heard a soft evil laugh. Could they be next? And the story about the black girl was obviously for Gina. Gina, Nina, and Jordan were to die. Max and Alex. Who knows. Jordan was really scared now. The stories were true.

Each person in the story represented something about them.