Status: Getting back into the swing of things. Updates will be gradual! Thanks for reading!

Silent Angel Crashes Through the Sky

Chapter 10

Actors are such idiots.

Not even big-time actors and actresses. I'm mostly talking about the ones that are in food comercials. You know the ones who take a sip of that coffee or forkful of pasta and seem to discover the meaning of life?

I hate them with every fiber of my being.

The doe-eyed actresses who make it look like there's no where else they'd rather be at that moment than eating that piece of toast or can of soda.

Their makeup is perfect, flawless- are they even wearing any? Their clothes are so bright that they give the sun a run for its money. And when they take that bite! The camera zooms in far too close for comfort, and I mean, come on! The sheltering sky moves quicker!

They're so happy.

I hate them.

I envy them.

-*-

I was sitting on my bed in my room with the TV on. I wasn't paying much attention to it, though. I was staring outside at the sun and the sky. I couldn't sleep because my mind was on overload. My body was exhausted but my mind was racing with thoughts of Pete and the Dandies. Even Jimmy and Matt crossed my mind. I took the time to pick and prod through bad memories and empty feelings. Any doubts I've ever had, any regrets. They were all brought up at once.

I was beating myself up inside.

I felt lonely and stupid.

I wanted to know that the world wasn't ending. There was life beyond the vampires. The vampires, who were plotting our downfall, didn't bother people in the daylight. People were living their lives, happy and naive to the fact that any night now, they're going to die and it's going to be all my fault.

All I wanted was to run away from here, but that was the one thing I could never do. I had this information and this pathetic power and I couldn't let it go on some silly whim. Some silly wish to be normal.

I got up slowly and closed the blinds and curtains tightly, not letting any light seep in. I crawled back into bed and tried to drift asleep, but I could never get my mind to quiet down. I sighed and turned off my TV.

This was going to be a long day.

-*-

Pete had woken up early, but couldn't leave his room for fear that a curtain might have been left open or a door wasn't closed all the way. There were no windows in his room so he sat in the darkness waiting for 8:00 (the only time he was sure was safe) to come.

Nightmares were rare for him. The last one he had was about a year ago when he had another fight with Annie. He was under a lot of stress, dealing with a lot of different vampire cliques all at once, too.

But, he had a nightmare today.

They came back to him in flashes, the meaning of the dream still fresh in his mind. Death.

He was walking somewhere. Where it was wasn't the problem. The problem was that there was a bee sitting on his foot. He tried to shake it off, and it stung him. He growled and let out a surprised cry.

He sat down on the ground, trying to soothe the pain.


He wasn't sure why his dream had started off that way. At first, it seemed rather silly, but thinking back to it, he remembered feeling some weird sort of pain. A twinge of uneasiness.

Suddenly, he was watching TV.

"There's a storm coming, Pete." The weather woman told him. She looked him right in the eyes, through the TV screen. "Go to the storm, Pete. The end of the world. Go to the storm."


The apocalypse. He knew what the end of the world would be. The first thing that came to mind was to find Clark. Where was Clark? He didn't want her to be alone.

"Pete! NO! Pete help me!" Pete watched helplessly from the other side of the road as Clark caught on fire slowly. The bright red lava had engulfed her. He stood motionless, emotionless. He knew there was nothing he could do for her. He didn't care anymore. She was wiped from his memory.

He felt terrible about that. He didn't feel sad during his dream. He didn't want to cry or scream or punch something. He didn't feel anything when she died.

And then the lava came for him. Amongst the rain, thunder, lightening, liquid hot rock, he was glad to go. He was glad to die.

And then he woke up. He had felt an immediate empty feeling. Waking up to the darkness was hard. There was no comfort in the silent, hallow blackness. It was so lonely. There was no one to comfort him or tell him "it was just a dream". He was left to his own mind and that was never a good thing.

He looked at his digital clock on the table. 7:39. He sighed and stood up.

He couldn't stand it anymore. He had to get out of his room.

He opened his door and was met by a flood of artificial light. He hissed, shielding his sensitive eyes from the blinding lights. He let his eyes adjust as he headed towards the kitchen. He made himself one of his special shakes and gulped it down quickly, wiping any stray liquid from his chin.

"You're up kind of early, aren't you?" Annie stood in the doorway with her arms crossed across her chest tightly. She didn't look angry but she wasn't happy to see him. Her face was calm and quiet. "The sun is still going down." Pete nodded.

"Yeah, I know. I just couldn't sleep too well." Annie laughed shortly.

"Funny, me too." Pete cleared his throat.

"How've you been An- uh Clark?" She smiled lightly and waved at him to follow her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's so late. I've been with my parents all day. We went to look at Rhode Island University. We went on our second tour, and we all love it to death! I'm so excited about applying there. It's really the only college that I even remotely click with, so I'm pretty sure that if I don't get in I'll have to kill myself.

Any other URI students out there? How do you like it? I've heard great things about it : )

Okay.... So, about this story. I'm still stuck. I have most of the next chapter written, but I'm not quite sure still where I want to take this story. I'm trying not to make it like every other vampire/band fic story on the internet, but it's kind of falling into that mold. I'm gettiing sort of angry at myself because of it. So... if worse comes to worse, I'll probably end up killing everyone off. Fun stuff, right?

So come next week, I really do hope that I've gotten out of this weird funk that I'm in.

Thanks so much to all who commented! TheMaymay, VioletTwist, and rivals are insane.

In advance I apologize. Really.

Thank you for reading, and I hope to see you all next week : )