Status: Getting back into the swing of things. Updates will be gradual! Thanks for reading!

Silent Angel Crashes Through the Sky

Chapter 15

"William," she chastised him, her voice melodic and feathery. Her long black hair felt like silk between his fingers. He brushed it back behind her ears, stealing a few more kisses. She giggled. "William, my father will begin wonder where I am." William smiled, planting another kiss on her lips.

"He knows you are with me." She put a hand to his cheek, stroking it with her thumb.

"And, I believe that's the problem," she whispered teasingly. William shook his head, rolling his eyes.

"What is his quarrel with me, might I ask?" She sighed.

"Your guess, my love, is about as good as mine." She rested her head on his shoulder, and he continued to stroke her hair. "Of course, my first guess must be money." William sighed this time.

"Of course, of course." His voice was laced with annoyance. At her father, at himself, and at his father for being so good-for-nothing.

"But," she started, bringing her head back up to look into his beautiful deep brown eyes once again. "You do know that no matter what my father could ever think of you, I will always love you. With every fiber of my being, William." Her golden eyes held so much truth and love in them, it made William want to cry. Because even though that might be true, it didn't solve anything. Unless....

"Run away with me." She looked shocked. She searched for the right words to say, but only the wrong words came to mind. She should say no. The right, proper, smart thing to do was say no.

"Yes."


William opened his eyes quickly, jolting back to his reality, forcing himself out of his memories. His dreams. He was stuck in his coffin for about another three hours, he sensed. He felt drowsy and melancholy. He could feel some sort of emotion brewing deep down inside of him. A sort of longing. It was brought on by his silly, nostalgic dream, no doubt.

"Lucy." The words escaped his lips slowly, like an open-ended question. He savored the sound of her name.

It shocked him that he did not feel lust, but rather something different. He couldn't quite put his finger on it. It was at the tip of his tongue and fading quickly as he awoke further from his dreamy state.

How wonderful and terrible it was. To feel, and not feel, and to lust and not... love. Was love that fleeting feeling he felt for her. For....

"Lucy." He let the words slip from his lips once more.

He didn't know if it was love, but he knew he quite liked it. He let his mind drift.

"Clark." He smiled. It felt different and similar and good.

He wanted to taste her. How he had tasted Lucy, and how he had... loved Lucy. He loved her. He remembered love. But, now? Now, there was no love for him. For vampires, there was only lust.

No, never love.

But, with Clark... could she be his new Lucy? Could he find love for Clark? Could Clark love him like....

These thoughts plauged him. Kept him up in the morning. Not that he really needed the sleep anyway.

He opened the coffin door with a solid push. It swung open as quickly as his eyes had opened. It hit the wooden floor with a bang. He stood up quickly and clothed his half-naked body. He walked through the grand hallways of his mansion, heading towards the kitchen. His shoes made soft thudding noises once he hit the wood kitchen floor.

He turned the TV on the wall on. An anchorwoman for the five o'clock news was in the middle of reporting. He listened to her talk as he grabbed a packet of blood from the fridge. The coldness of the plasma was not as satisfying when it was packaged, but it did enough to hold down his thirst until night fall.

There was another set of footsteps padding down the hallway. William's ears perked up, drawing his attention. Who else could be up now? He waited for the extra company, sitting down at the counter on a stool, and listening to the tanned woman talk. Pictures of pale, black-haired girls flashed on the screen. William narrowed his eyes, pursing his lips, listening intently.

The other presence entered the room.

"Good afternoon, William. I knew you were awake. Just wanted to make sure you were alright. Night terrors again?" William didn't look at him.

"Brendon, is this your doing?" he asked referring to the women on the news. He turned his gaze to Brendon slowly. His mouth was open slightly, and his eyes were shifting. Yes, it was his doing. Of course it was his doing. "You're so sloppy, Brendon. It's very unbecoming." Brendon remained silent, pulling a bag of blood out of the fridge for himself. He stood just slightly behind William, not wanting to sit while William was sitting. There was an order to these things, you know.

William's focus was back to the TV. "But, what an interesting choice in... target." Brendon felt his lip twitch. "She's mine. Do you understand?" William didn't bother looking at Brendon. He knocked back one last swig of blood and tossed it onto the counter. "Clean up your messes."

William left the kitchen, and left Brendon in silence. Brendon's lip twitched again, and he felt an unfortunately familiar feeling of anger towards William.

But, I saw her first.

His lips turned down into a snarl. He threw his blood packet on top of William's- the one that he'd expected Brendon to clean up. He turned off the TV and went up to his room.

I saw her first.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ohhai.
I'm really really sorry I haven't updated in a long time. School was fucking hectic, and I had absolutely zero time to write. BUT it ended on Friday, so I'm going to do as much writing as possible this summer. I might have to get a job, but hopefully that won't be too stressful. I want to try and finish this series before school starts again in late August.
Thank you so much to MusicMadness for commenting on the last chapter! I really appreciate your support!!!
Thanks so much for reading, and thanks to my subscribers for sticking with me. I hope you guys still enjoy this story. I know I really like reading it :)
Subscribe if you want to read more, and comment if you like it or want to give some constructive criticism :) Thanks again!