Status: Getting back into the swing of things. Updates will be gradual! Thanks for reading!

Silent Angel Crashes Through the Sky

Chapter 2

It was a gang of Punks tonight. They had killed twenty men and women in the past two nights, and they were getting greedy. That put them at the top of my list.

I was a couple miles from Chicago, to avoid another run-in with you-know-who and his stupid friends.

I peered out from my hiding spot in an ally, behind a brick building. There were three men and five women. I would take out the men first. The women will either run, hide, or defend. I've never met a girl Punk who went on the offensive before I did. These ones didn't look any different.

I followed the shadows, moving closer and closer to the group. They were sharing a couple bottles of a popular vampire drink called Stargazer. It was a mix of Type O blood and some type of alcohol. Whiskey, wine, beer, scotch, whatever. It was all sold and bought through blood dealers. Seeing them made me feel guilty because I couldn't catch that blood dealer last night.

I accidentally stumbled over a trash can. I held my breath, waiting, but they didn't notice me. I let my lungs deflate and I swallowed uncomfortably. My throat was dry and scratchy. The air was dry. I took one last deep breath and nodded to myself.

I stepped out from the shadows and started walking to the group. They didn't notice me until I was about five feet behind one of the men. They all stared at me, confused, until I whipped out a stake quickly and plunged it into the man's back, where his heart would be. Their faces twisted in shock, and the man screamed. Turning around to look at me just before he fell to the ground, disintegrating shortly after. They all just stared at me.

I pulled out my weapon, and flipped it around in my hand.

"One down, seven to go. Who's next?" The women showed off their fangs, but stayed put. The men started after me. I was ready for it.

I punched the first one in the jaw, and kicked the other in the stomach. He stumbled back, but the first one bounced right back so I sent a kick to his nose and cheek. He punched me in the stomach and tried to get a hold of my neck. The second one came back again and kicked the back of my knees. I gasped, and stumbled forward. I collected myself quickly, and turned to stake him. I didn't have a clear shot, though, and he grabbed it from my hands. He threw it onto the other side of the street.

I only had one left.

I pulled out a vial of holy water, but didn't have enough time to unscrew it. I grabbed it by the handle and cracked it over the first guy's head. He howled and screeched in pain, and held onto his burning face. Most of it looked like it was melting off. The second guy punched me in the cheek and I heard my neck crack a bit as it was forced to the side. I turned back to him and pulled out my last stake. I punched him twice in the face, and took advantage of his moment of weakness to stake him right in the heart. He fell and I kept hold of the stake as he fell to the ground, letting it slide out of the hole in his chest. I turned to the other and staked him, as well.

I looked at the girls and sighed. I cracked my neck. They stared right back at me, but finally turned to run. I growled in frustration. I threw a bottle of holy water at one girl and the last bottle I had at another. That stopped them. I threw my stake at the remaining girl and she disintegrated right away. I retrieved my weapon and staked the last two girls who were writhing and screaming in pain on the asphalt. They also disintegrated immediately.

They were young vampires.

The older the vampire, the longer their death is. Sort of a punishment for living such a long, sinful life.

My brother has been a vampire for three years.... I think his death will be pretty long once I kill him.

I tucked my stake back into my pocket. I walked over to the other side of the street slowly to retrieve my other one, holding onto it securely. I suddenly took off running down the street. It was still only 1:00, and I needed to get some more supplies.

My car was parked under a large oak tree next to a cemetery and a church. Vampires wouldn't dare come near sacred ground. The tree was rotting, and there were dead leaves and a couple twigs on my windshield when I finally reached it. I popped open the trunk and took out three more bottles of holy water, tucking them in my belt. I took out a couple of butterfly bandages and a roll of gauze and some tape. I covered my wounds and inspected my bruises in the mirror.

Nothing that time won't heal.

I've had worse.

I shut the trunk and took a swig of water from my water bottle that I kept in the front of my car. My throat still felt dry. I started to hope that it wasn't some sort of illness creeping up on me.

But, that's what I got for hunting in the pouring rain for three days straight, right?

By the time I made it back to the city, it was 2:00. I still had about 3 more hours of proper hunting time. I wandered the streets for a little while, searching for trouble, when I found another group.

This one didn't look so simple, though.

They weren't talking. They weren't laughing. They weren't even fighting. They were staring each other down. It was all men. Five ordinary vampires and five Dandies.

I sighed because I knew I wouldn't be able to take them down alone.

So I got closer. I hid. I watched.

The five ordinary vampires were, oddly enough, 1 vampire from each of the other different vampire cliques. Punks, Hoods, Goths, what I like to call the 'Good for Nothings' (which were the ones who couldn't control and of the urges they felt for blood, sex, or anything really), and the most important ones- the independents.

The independents were small groups of vampires who used each other for survival. They rely on other vampires, not just humans. They don't take more than what they need, rarely ever killing at all, and they don't interact with other groups of vampires. Interaction with other cliques is treasonous and leaders won't stand for it. It conflicts with their simple way of life. It fills young vampires' heads with ideas of rampages and starts to reel them into the 'Good for Nothing' lifestyle. It's bad for business.

The Good for Nothings, however, are much different than the Hostiles. I'll tell you later.

I recognized one of the Dandies as a higher power. He was second in command in their powerful ever-expanding army. Brendon Urie was a relatively old vampire... three years old... but no vampire was as old as their leader, William Beckett. Because Beckett turned them all. Every single one of the Dandies were like his children. He was their master and they lived (or died) to serve him. Urie was turned three years ago and joined Beckett soon after. He worked his way up the corporate ladder and became Beckett's right hand man.

I knew this wasn't good. Not good at all. They were either plotting together, or fighting each other. Maybe they wanted to finally work together to enslave the whole human race. Maybe they were going to destroy Chicago together. Maybe they were sick and tired of each other and they were going to make my job a lot easier. The latter was preferred, but highly unlikely... right?

Urie grinned and held out a hand for the others to shake.

Well, fuck me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Neat-oh! Too confusing? Too boring?

Please please please comment and subscribe!

Update again next Saturday!

Thanks for reading! (all six of you so far ^_^)