Status: Getting back into the swing of things. Updates will be gradual! Thanks for reading!

Silent Angel Crashes Through the Sky

Chapter 20

Almost immediately as Brendon walked through the doors of the Dandy mansion, he was tackled to the ground. William punched him a few times in the face and he just took it, knowing why he was so angry.

"How dare you!" William roared. "How dare you try to turn a hunter without my permission!" He gripped tightly onto Brendon's hair and rammed his head up and down into the wood floor a few times. "You arrogant son of a bitch!"

"I apologize, William," Brendon strained to say. William threw more punches to his face, chest, and stomach.

"You apologize? You apologize! Where is your head at?" William was furious. He stood up, pacing. Brendon stayed down, licking at the blood on his lip. "He's a strong hunter. If he turns... he'll be even stronger. Another enemy. And, you. You have been so reckless. Too reckless. You've been too reckless, Brendon. But, you are my best soldier... Strong and loyal. Stupid. But, strong." William stopped pacing. He turned to him. "I will not kill you." Brendon let his body relax, but kept his expression strong. "Get out of my sight. You will deal with the consequences if this hunter turns. But, for now... just, go." Brendon scrambled to his feet. He bowed his head.

"Thank you, William," he said quickly.

"Go!" William shouted. Brendon ran quickly up the stairs to his room. He closed the door behind him and let his face twist in anger. He punched the wall, leaving a gaping hole, and kicked his desk over. He was angry at himself, but mostly angry at William. Stupid man.

It was about an hour to dawn, but he was still quite willing to risk the scorching sun or William's wrath. He needed to talk to Ryan again.

Brendon opened his door, walking quietly down the hallway. He sensed that mostly everyone, including William, were in their coffins. He didn't try to attract any attention to himself. He left the mansion quickly and quietly. And, as soon as he walked out into the early morning air, he broke out into a run. Ryan was the leader of the biggest independent group in Illinois. That being the reason why Ryan represented the Independents in their meetings.

He made it to Ryan's hideout in under ten minutes. He lived with his team of Independent vampires on the edge of Chicago, near the docks, where he usually met up with Gabe to buy blood. Ryan didn't know that Brendon knew about his hideout, and he didn't want to let him know until it was absolutely necessary.

And, now, it was absolutely necessary.

He scoped out the yard. It was clear, so he walked to the door. He knocked three times, knowing someone would hear him. It was only a few seconds before someone answered the door. A girl, who opened her eyes wide at the sight of him.

"Uh, Mr. Urie, sir, we weren't expecting you. Ryan is-" Brendon held his head high.

"I don't care what he's doing. I need to speak with him immediately." The girl nodded.

"Of course. Please, follow me." The inside of his house was neat and tidy. Well put together and looked after. The exact opposite of his father's house. Brendon felt pity for him.

The girl led him up two flights of stairs and all the way down the hall. She bit her lip and knocked on the door.

"Ryan? Mr. Urie is here to see you." Ryan was at the door as soon as the words escaped her mouth.

"Thank you Rachel, you can go to sleep now." The girl nodded and hurried off down the hall. Ryan grabbed Brendon by the collar and dragged him into his room. "You've got a lot of nerve coming here. What do you want?" he asked, inspecting the healing bruises and cuts on his face.

"I know you're planning to assassinate William." Ryan let go of his collar, glaring at him.

"Whatever gave you that idea?" Brendon rolled his eyes, straightening out his shirt.

"William has friends in high and low places, including this house. He's known for a while. I mean, why else would the Independents want to team with the Dandies in a fight against the humans? He was planning on taking your team out sometime before the war started. Don't worry, I would have warned you." Ryan's eyes went blank and he grit his teeth.

"Well?" Brendon let out a small breath.

"I want in." Ryan snapped his eyes to Brendon's.

"What?" Brendon shrugged.

"I want in." Ryan eyed him up.

"He did that to you, didn't he?" Brendon nodded once slowly. Ryan looked back at the door, thinking hard. He let out a breath, looking back at Brendon again.

"No." Brendon growled.

"Why?"

"Why not?"

"Give me one good reason why you won't let me."

"Give me one good reason why I can even trust you." Brendon frowned.

"You're my best friend." Ryan let out a laugh.

"You'll have to do better than that," he said, crossing his arms. Brendon grit his teeth, looking away. He kicked his foot into the ground.

"I'm in love... with a human." Ryan was silent for a moment, his face softening.

"It's okay, Bren. You can say it." Brendon looked at Ryan with furrowed eyebrows and worried red eyes, searching Ryan's own golden eyes.

"Do I even need to?" Ryan sat down at his desk, running a hand through his hair.

"It's Clark. Isn't it?" Brendon sighed silently, defeated.

"How long have you known?" Ryan gave him a condescending sort of look.

"The whole time." Brendon scoffed.

"And you didn't say anything?" Ryan shrugged.

"I trusted you not to get in between Clark and Jimmy. But, if you wanted to tell me, I would have understood." Brendon swallowed.

"It killed me. To see her with him," he admitted. "But, I just wanted her to be happy." Brendon wasn't sure where all these thoughts were coming from. He hadn't confronted these feelings, or talked like this to anyone in a very long time. It felt foreign, but was also an incredible relief. "I was happy if she was happy. And, then... we died." His eyes turned sad. "And, I knew I could never make her happy." He shook his head, sadly. "I think that's why I really went with him... William. If I couldn't make her happy, then what was the point of restraining myself? But, if William lives... he's going to hurt her, I know it. I just... I can't let that happen." It silent for a moment.

"Okay." Brendon's face brightened.

"Okay?" Ryan nodded.

"Okay." Brendon smiled, feeling that his lip had completely healed.

"Thank you." He started to leave, opening the door, but Ryan stopped him.

"Bren..." He turned back around to Ryan still sitting at his desk. "Please... don't make me regret this." Brendon smiled, giving him a salute.

"You're the boss, boss." Ryan smiled lightly, watching as his old friend left his room and letting his smile slip away. He sat in his chair for about fifteen minutes, just thinking, and noticed that the clock was nearing the time of sunrise. He hoped Brendon made it back in time.

But, then again... maybe he didn't.
♠ ♠ ♠
I liked this chapter. I always like following Brendon around.
That sounds weird.
WOOT chapter 20 finally! Only took me... what? Two years? Jeez xD
Thanks to mrsshysinger, rottendemon, and MusicMadness for all commenting again! <3
Please comment, subscribe, and recommend!!!
Hope you all liked it!
Thanks for reading!