Status: Getting back into the swing of things. Updates will be gradual! Thanks for reading!

Silent Angel Crashes Through the Sky

Chapter 22

Matt was given the okay to leave the hospital that afternoon. They had recommended that he stay another day or so for recovery and observations, but he wasn't having it. So, they begrudgingly gave him the release papers to sign, and before we knew it, we were escorting him out of the building in a wheelchair. He tried to fight the wheelchair, but it was hospital policy that patients leave in wheelchairs.

Jimmy, Brian, and Pete met us outside with two cars. And, as soon as the cool night air hit us, Matt sprung out of the chair and started towards their car. I smiled lightly, shaking my head at him.

We had to get back home because the other groups were supposed to meet us in about an hour.

"Did you guys ever manage to get in contact with the group you were looking for last night?" I asked Zacky, who was walking beside me. He thought for a moment.

"Hey Bri," he called out. "Did you get in touch with the Killjoys?" Brian nodded.

"I actually just got back from talking to Poison. They're on for tonight." Zacky and I nodded.

"We'll see you all in a bit, then?" The Avenged boys all nodded and waved as they got in the car. I noticed Matt staring at me and I promptly ignored him, slightly embarrassed, and headed with the boys to our car.

It was about a two hour car ride back up to our house, and no sleep was catching to me. I had managed to steal shotgun, so I felt comfortable with leaning up against the window and closing my eyes.

"Pete?" I asked quietly. He held my hand tightly with tears in his eyes. Everyone was so sad. The police officers were talking to my aunt and uncle as me and my brother sat in chairs, wrapped in blankets and doted on by all the grown-ups. "Pete, where are Mom and Dad?" He held my hand tighter, not answering me. I tugged on his hand. "Pete?" He looked at me, sniffling. A few tears fell from his eyes as he blinked and he wiped them away. "Please don't cry, Panda."

I felt very small at that moment. My brother was crying and I didn't know what was going on. I was only seven years old and there wasn't much I could do for myself at the time.

"We need to get a statement from the boy. He's the one who found the bodies, is that right?" I heard the policeman ask my aunt and uncle. Pete's attention was drawn to them. I could sense his nervousness. Our aunt and uncle both nodded.

"Is that really best right now?" Uncle Eric asked. "It's been a long night. He's been through so much." Pete sniffled again and turned back to me, holding my hand tighter still. I leaned my head against his shoulder.

"I'm sorry. We need to get his statement as soon as possible. While it's still fresh in his mind. Kids tend to block out bad things that happen to them." I saw Uncle Erik and Aunt Patti look over to us. I buried my face into Pete's sleeve. I heard him start to mumble as he started to lose control of his emotions. His voice wavered.

"There was just so much blood," he cried quietly. I lifted my head up, putting a stiff hand on his cheek.

"It's alright, Panda." He looked at me. "It's alright."

But, it wasn't.

The scene changed and I found myself sitting in the grass in the front of my middle school. I tried not to cry as the only other kid there got into his mother's car with a smile. I was all alone. Aunt Patti was late again, even though she promised to me this morning that she'd be here on time. I had to go to the dentist soon, after all. Usually Pete would have been here to keep me company, but he was in high school now. He was a big kid.

I pulled at the grass with frustration, tears stinging my eyes. I sniffled and started mumbling immature curses at my aunt. I suddenly felt a presence and I looked behind me. There was a tall lanky kid with big glasses standing behind me sheepishly.

"Hi," he said quietly. I turned back, pulling at the grass with another sniffle. "Are you okay?" He was a little older than me- I think I recognized him as a seventh grader. I was only in fifth grade, and he probably felt some obligation to help me out. I shrugged, not wanting to open my mouth. I had some weird sort of disorder, where, whenever anyone asked me if I was okay, I immediately went into hysterics. "Is your mom or dad coming?" That one got me. I wiped away some tears with a tight fist, curling into myself. I shook my head.

He walked closer to me and sat down. "Do you want to walk home with me?" I shrugged and shook my head, sniffling messily and letting out a weird whining noise.

"I have to go to the dentist," I squeaked out, still sort of whining as I tried to control my tears. I saw him smile out of the corner of my eye.

"You wanna color with me? I always carry a coloring book and crayons in my back pack." I perked up, looking over to him as he opened up his backpack. He pulled out a Superman coloring book and a 24 pack of crayons. I sniffled and wiped away the rest of my tears.

"Superman's my favorite." He smiled wider.

"Good, he's my favorite, too." He handed me the book and crayons. I let myself smile as I started to leaf through the pages. We started coloring on the two open pages. "I'm Brendon, by the way. What's your name?" I smiled proudly.

"Clark." He laughed.

"Ah, I see why you like Superman so much," he said brightly. I laughed.

"Yup."

"So, I guess that makes you Supergirl, huh?" I looked at him, my mouth agape.

"Really?" He nodded.

"Yes ma'am. You're a superhero."

"Cool," I mused, going back to my coloring. He laughed lightly.

"So, why isn't your mom or dad coming to pick you up, Clark?" I sighed and stopped coloring.

"They're in Heaven," I recited. Brendon frowned.

"Oh, Clark, I'm sorry." I shrugged.

"It's okay. I've got my brother and my aunt and my uncle to take care of me. And, Pete told me that they're a lot happier in Heaven now."

"I'm sure they are," he said sympathetically. "You really are a superhero, Clark." I smiled proudly again, going back to coloring.

"My aunt was supposed to come get me, but I think she forgot again," I said angrily. "My brother isn't old enough to drive, but if he was he would be here," I said assuredly. Brendon smiled lightly again.

"You sure you don't want to walk with me?" I sighed again.

"I'm sure my aunt will be here soon. She's just very forgetful." He nodded.

"Well, I am in no hurry, so I will sit right here with you until she gets here. I'm having lots of fun with you." I smiled happily.

"Really? You are?"

"Of course!"

"Wow," I said quietly. "I don't have too many friends. Some people don't really like hanging out with me. I'm sort of... well, my uncle tells me I'm a black sheep."

"Hm, well, I think you're a pretty cool girl. But, I think that's because I'm a bit of a black sheep, too."

"You are?" We both continued to color as we talked.

"Yup. I don't have too many friends, either." I paused.

"Will... will you be my friend?" I asked him sheepishly. I noticed him smile out of the corner of my eye, and I blushed deeply.

"Clark, I would be honored to be your friend." I dropped my crayon and latched onto him, gripping him in a tight hug. He laughed, but I nearly had tears in my eyes again.

"Thank you, Brendon." He hugged me back tightly.

"Don't mention it," he whispered back.


"Clark." I felt someone's hand on my shoulder. "Clark, we're home." It was Joe from the driver's seat. I sat up, scratching my head and smoothing out my hair. I let out a deep breath. My heart felt heavy.

In the past three years, I had managed to push any positive feelings I had for Brendon, and even Ryan, but all of those wonderful feelings they had ever brought me came rushing back. I put a hand on my forehead as I walked across the lawn and up the steps with the boys. The Avenged boys hadn't gotten here, yet, but I knew they'd be here soon.

Pete started to walk past me, but I grabbed his arm, swallowing hard. He looked at me with his golden eyes. I licked my lips and took a moment before I started talking.

"Can I talk to you?" I breathed heavily, nervously. He was silent for a moment also.

"Okay. Of course, Clark." I noticed the others try to avert their eyes and make it look like they weren't eaves dropping. I took Pete's cold arm and guided him into the living room.
♠ ♠ ♠
Aww :)
Thanks so much to disneyland-acid-trip and rottendemon for commenting again! I lurve you ^_^
It might take me a bit longer to update next week. I still have to finish a chapter for Les Oiseaux and I'm retarded so I decided to join two more contests. I have to write two stories. One is due in like ten days. So, sorry if I get the next chapter out a little bit late! Thanks for always being understanding and wonderful!!
Comment and recommend and subscribe! C'est tout!
Love you all and I hope you enjoyed this chapter!!