Status: Getting back into the swing of things. Updates will be gradual! Thanks for reading!

Silent Angel Crashes Through the Sky

Chapter 3

I had always been a morning person. When I was still alive. When I had a life to live. When I wasn't alone. When I was loved.

I was a morning person.

Early to bed, early to rise kind of person.

When I graduated high school, I started taking morning runs. I would get up early to see the sun rise at the top of Juno Park back home. I would jog up the “clearly marked” path through grass and flowers and trees and when I made it to the top of the city-overlooking hill, I would sit down on the same rock everyday. I turned off my music, drank plenty of water, and watched.

Every morning.

I can't really do that anymore... unless I want to be tired and distracted the next night.

It's like a nightmare.

Always dark and always alone. Never watching, only doing. Thinking quickly and doing before they do it first.

Hell on Earth is colder than I thought it'd be.

-*-

"You too, huh-" I nearly screamed when I heard a voice whisper next to me. My hand automatically went for my stake and my stake went for his heart. I held onto his neck with my other hand. I stopped myself, though, when I saw his eyes.

"Who the hell are you? What do you want?" I whispered harshly. I turned my head back to the group of vampires, but they hadn't heard us, yet.

"Sh, chill. My name's Shadows. I'm on your team, kiddo." I stared into his golden, hazel eyes.

"Your name is Shadows? You sound like a crappy horror movie." He smiled.

"It's only polite to give your name." I rolled my eyes, and let him go. I tucked the stake back into my belt, and noticed that he had a similar set up of stakes and holy water. His muscles were big and bulging. I blinked in shock. His hair was hidden under a black cap turned backwards.

"My name's Clark." He raised an eyebrow.

"Like Super-"

"Yes."

"...That's your real name?" He smirked at me and I glared.

"Shut up. You shouldn't sneak up on other hunters like that, you know. They might fucking kill you, asshole." I glanced back at the vampires, but there were only the Dandies left. They were huddled up, talking frantically. Urie was calm. Too calm. I didn't like it. Suddenly, his eyes flickered over to our hiding spot. I ducked back facing Shadows. "Shit, I think he-" Shadows' eyes went wide as he peered over my shoulder at something behind me and he stood up, pulling out a stake. He was knocked to the ground by two vampires, and, soon, so was I.

They had my arms pinned down so I couldn't reach my stakes. I was waiting for the bites to come but they never did. One of them punched my jaw, forcing my head to the side, and the other punched my stomach. I groaned and tried to struggle away, but they were too strong. Shadows was in the same predicament, but he seemed to be dealing a little bit better. He was definitely stronger than I was. He knocked back one of the vampires and got loose from their hold on him.

The ones above me were still punching me and holding me down.

Suddenly, they just... stopped. I breathed heavy and so did Shadows. He was being held against a wall, his back facing me, and his face pressed into the brick.

"How much did you see?" I shuddered at the sound of Urie's voice. He stood by my feet.

"Of what?" Shadows choked out. He tried to jerk his arms free, but they held him down good and tight. I took another deep breath, trying to get back my energy.

"Don't be an idiot. How much did you see?" He growled.

"You shook hands with them. We only saw you talking." He glanced down at me when I spoke and smirked.

"And how much did you hear?" I rolled my eyes.

"Nothing. How could we hear you when you were all the way over there?" We held eye contact.

"Who's your friend?" He tilted his head at me.

"What friend?" I looked at him blankly. Shadows laughed.

"Don't be so modest, baby, you can tell him about us." I glared at Shadows and Urie turned to him.

"What's your name?"

"I'm Shadows. Straight out of California." Shadows held eye contact with him. "Nice to meet you, dick weed."

Urie wasn't facing me, but he was standing close enough. I kicked the back of his knees out and he stumbled forward. I ripped my right arm free and punched both of the vampires holding me down. I stood up quickly and took a hold of one of my stakes. I killed one of them, but the other knocked it out of my hand. Urie took a hold of my arm, pulling me close to him. I was stuck with his arm across my collarbone and the other holding my arms behind my back.

I glanced back at Shadows and saw him stake two vampires at once. He went to throw one at Urie, but stopped when he realized I was in front of him. A fucking shield.

Urie put his mouth close to my ear. He took in a deep breath, and sighed.

"You smell good, Clark." I felt his teeth graze my neck. My eyes went wide and I tried to run away, but I couldn't get my arms free and Urie held me tightly to his chest. His grip tightened around my shoulders. I tried to edge farther away from his mouth. I tried to stomp on his feet or knock him in the knees, but he paid no mind to me. He finally looked up to Shadows who wasn't sure what to do. "Shadows, huh? Doesn't suit you. Ask her about her brother." I growled and Urie chuckled kissing the bottom of my neck. "And soothing, thus, the dreamer's pains, he drinks the life blood from her veins. I'll be seeing you. That's a promise." He pushed me down onto the ground, and Shadows threw his stake. It hit the other side of the ally because Urie and the other vampire had run away.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh boy! Isn't this exciting? Sorry it's out so late! I was totally swamped today.

My mom and I went to visit the college of New Jersey today. We both hated it and they didn't have the major that I wanted. Everyone told us that they did until finally someone in the music department said they didn't. I was so angry cause I had to get up at 6:30 to start getting ready. We left a half hour later than we were supposed to and we got there one or two hours before the tours/open house started. Rawr.

Then my computer got all screwed up. It was so scary. ITunes disappeared. And then Internet Explorer got all fucked up. Ew. Dad, though was in a good mood today, so he didn't yell at me. We watched 60's Batman in the living room while he fixed it ^_^

All right. I'll shut up now. Thanks to SheLikeNinja! for being the first to comment! And thank you to my one and only subscriber! You made me smile, whoever you are!

Thanks for reading!