Status: Getting back into the swing of things. Updates will be gradual! Thanks for reading!

Silent Angel Crashes Through the Sky

Chapter 4

"So who's your brother?" Shadows had his big arms crossed and an eyebrow raised. I growled and started to walk away.

"None of you business." He let out a dry, humorless laugh.

"What a good answer. Did you really think that was going to shut me up, baby?"

"Fuck off! I don't know who you are!" I yelled back to him without turning around. "And if you call me baby one more time I'm going to break your dick in half."

"Pft, give me a break." He was right behind me. He grabbed hold of my shoulders, and I resisted the urge to punch him in his pretty little face. He turned me around to face him. "You," He poked my nose quickly. "Need to take a chill pill." I glared and sighed slowly.

"Peter Wentz is my brother." He blinked at me.

"Is that supposed to mean something to me?" I raised an eyebrow at him.

"Really? You don't know who that is?" He shrugged.

"I'm still pretty knew here." I nodded slowly and bit my lip, thinking.

"I like you a whole lot more now." I turned back around and started walking. He walked along side me.

"So, who is your brother." I shrugged.

"Just a vampire. I'm going to kill him someday." I looked at him out of the corner of my eye and he frowned.

"I'm sorry." He said with sympathy and a hint of pity.

"Not your fault."

"Who's fault is it?"

"William Beckett."

"So he's a Dandy?"

"No."

"No?"

"No." I smiled, shaking my head.

"So...?"

"That's all you need to know." I let my smile slip. That was more than he needed to know. "What's your real name?" He rolled his eyes.

"Matt."

"Matt?"

"Matt." We smiled at each other.

"Doesn't really [exude authority, does it?" He smirked.

"Better than Clark." I looked back ahead of me.

"Touche."

"You should meet my friends." I raised an eyebrow but kept my eyes forward.

"There are more of you?"

"Yup. Californians." I rolled my eyes. Not what I meant.

"Sorry, but it's a bit past my bed time. I'm a tad sleepy. I have an hour drive back home."

"Aw, you don't live here?" I smirked.

"Nope. Too bad."

"Actually, that's okay, cause we don't live here either." I looked at him and it was his turn to smirk.

"Goodbye, Matt."

"Bye bye, baby."

I walked past town and back to my car parked under the dead or dying oak tree. I brushed off some leaves and twigs off my windshield, got in, and drove off.

There was something about Matt... I knew we would meet again.

And, I was pretty sure that he felt it, too.

-*-

It was beautiful and... sunny.

I relished feeling the sun on my skin. It was a relief after being in darkness for so long. But... the darkness.... Where is it? Where
am I?

Why is it sunny?

Suddenly, it was too hot. My skin was burning. I tried to rub it and soothe it. My bare arms were red and starting to peel. I let out a nervous whimper.

I picked myself up off the ground and glanced over to the crowded, dark forest off in the distance. I needed shelter. I needed shade.

My mind was racing, and I could feel my face starting to heat up in the sunlight. I tried to run faster to the shade, but I wasn't getting any closer.

Why is it so sunny?

I stopped and fell to the ground, trying to cover myself. I suddenly realized that I was completely naked. My back burnt as I bent over. I started to cry helplessly.

Why is it so hot?

There were footsteps behind me. I glanced up and around. There were others running. Many men and women trying to seek cover from the violent sun. Some collapsed into the same state that I was in. Others just grit their teeth and bared it. I tried to stand up again to run and escape, but I was too weak. My body felt like it was on fire.

I screamed, and so did others. I screamed and cried until I couldn't anymore. And then that was it.


I woke up, thinking of the dream. No tears. Just fear. I glanced outside and noticed the sun setting. I checked the nightstand and saw that it was a little after 7:00. I had overslept. I was behind schedule. I should be on the road by now. I didn't remember my dream anymore. It all had escaped me in those few moments of worry.

I decided that if I wanted to get in enough hunting time, I would have to stay close to home. I couldn't go back outside city limits for hour long car rides to chase blood dealers who may or may not be there.

I saw rain clouds in the distance and hopped out of bed to close the curtains. I didn't need to watch the taunting sun. Reminding me that I could never bask in its warmth. That I would forever be subjected to the cold night even though... even though I wasn't like them.

I chose this life. I chose this life so I have to stop complaining and remembering because it's going to kill me. Break me and depress me. I don't need that. I don't need that hanging over me when I have other things to worry about. I have to worry about my brother and the Dandies. I have to worry about the plan that the vampires have agreed to. To make humans' lives miserable.

I suddenly realized that the hunters had to do something. We had to fight back. To do our job. But, were there enough of us? I realized that the vampires are teaming up, and soon they'll strike whether we're ready or not. We had to get together. We had to work together to save our species.

We have to create an army.

I slipped on a pair of jeans and put on my sweatshirt, zipping it up slowly. I glanced back at the window, and sighed.

I was going to need help.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey, guys!

Thanks for reading, as usual, and please make sure you comment (whether you love it or hate it). And, if you want to make me smile, please subscribe! I've only got one subscriber and one person who has commented! Yar!

I hope you liked it! See you next week ^_^