Status: This is from a long time ago, so there will be like a chapter posted per day

Faded Memories

Home Sweet Home!

“Ruki, is that you?” Shigure asks as I walk closer to them.
“Yep, I’ve come home, or have you given my room away?”
Kyo stares at me in disbelief. “But, you said that you were-”
I cut Kyo off, “I know I had said I was leaving forever, but that didn’t work out so well. I am home now and I am not leaving ever again!”
Yuki catches my eye. “Does Akito know?” he asks.
I shake my head and look at Shigure. “Promise me you won’t tell him.” Everyone is silent and then they nod. “Okay, now that that is settled, how bout I make us some dinner?”

After everyone is finished eating I walk up to my old room and look around. I find that all my furniture was thrown out. The only thing in the room is a mirror. I look at my reflection for a moment. My hair has a thin layer of dirt covering it and looks off white instead of white. My face has bruises and scars on it from the five years of living in the mountains. My eyes are bloodshot, but they still have red irises. My clothes are torn, so overall, I look like a hobo.
It is hard to believe it has been five years since I was in civilization. My memories of living with Shigure when I was young are faded. I am definitely no longer the little eleven-year old that fled to the mountains years ago to escape Akito’s punishment. I know why he wants me dead though, I am supposed to be the Head of the Family, but my curse let Akito stay the Head. When he passes away I can move up to my rightful place, but until then I am going to stay invisible.
“You know, you look like crap.”
I look at Kyo. “You know exactly what every girls loves hearing, don’t you.”
“But you’re not a girl, you’re a Ruki.”
“That’s it!” I run at him and take a swing. It hits him in the gut and I fall over laughing.
“You’re on.” Kyo swings at me but I react quick enough to roll out of the way and get back on my feet.
I feel the punch before I realize one was thrown. I buckle over from the hit in the stomach; I never took that kind of hit well, and I still don’t. I pull myself together and charge at Kyo, tackling him to the ground. Just as Kyo throws me off him Shigure calls us down to the dining room.
“Okay, so let’s get this straight, Ruki you were in the mountains for five years,” I nod, “and Kyo you were in the mountains for a while,” Kyo nods, “so why didn’t you two ever bump into each other?”
I stare at Shigure for a moment. “Um…the mountains are really big. It’s not like a mountain is small…”
“How stupid are you! You don’t even know if we were in the same mountains!” Kyo hits Shigure on the head.
“Yep, I’m home. All we need to do is knock down a wall and almost kill Kyo and we’ll pick up where we left off five years ago,” I say half serious, half sarcastic.
Yuki chuckles. “I like that idea.”
“I think you can wait until tomorrow to destroy the house. Ruki you need to clean up first,” Shigure says and I walk up stairs to go clean up.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is from when I was like ten, so it is a little crappy.