Status: This is from a long time ago, so there will be like a chapter posted per day

Faded Memories

Maybe I Should Leave

I sit on the roof and watch the sun rise. It has been a month since Kyo told me how he felt. I know we will go see Akito soon. The problem is that I love him. I stare at the mountains in the distance. “Maybe I should just run away again.”
“If you run then I’ll follow you.” I look up and see Kyo.
“I’m just so scared. I don’t want you to get hurt because of me.”
“You’ve changed,” I look up at Kyo. “Ever since you learned we would have to go see Akito you have seemed so…unRuki. You don’t make eye contact and you haven’t had any emotions.”
“What do you mean?”
“I mean that I wish you would explode like you used to. At least that would let me know you can feel.”
I look at Kyo. “If you really want me to explode, then I will. But you brought it upon yourself.” Kyo smiles at me.

I stand in the yard a foot away from Kyo. “Make me mad.”
Kyo smiles again. “Is it bad that I like that task?”
I stand there ready to let out my emotions. I know that I don’t have to hold back. Kyo doesn’t want me to so I won’t.
“You are probably the ugliest person on Earth.”
I feel a fire light inside me. It’s not just any fire, it’s my fire. I let myself charge at Kyo. All he does is stand still. I punch and kick over and over again until I feel better. I stop and look up at Kyo and immediately drop to the ground.
“I hurt you. I hurt you Kyo.”
“I know. I wanted you to.” Kyo squats in front of me and wraps his arms around me. “You’re the girl I fell in love with again.”
“But I hurt you.” I look up at Kyo’s face. It is covered in so many bruises that he could make someone believe his skin color is purpley-yellow.
Kyo kisses me and I forget about him being hurt. He is happy because I am me again.

I sit on the roof and feel happy.
“You seem happy.”
I look at Kyo. “I am.” I look at Kyo’s beads. “I wonder how Akito will torture us.”
“You are so positive. I can’t believe you still wear your bracelet.” Kyo holds my wrist and looks at my bracelet.
“I never trusted what Akito said. I think he lied about me not having the other form. I think he wanted me to become a monster in front of everyone. That would make everyone hate me.”
Kyo just kisses me. “What did Mickey say when you told her you chose me?”
“Well, she kept saying, ‘How do you love that butt hole?’” Kyo smiles; He loves hearing how much Mickey hates him.
Kyo kisses me again. “What do you think people at school will think when they hear or see?”
I look at him confused for a moment before I realize what he meant. “Are you going to walk around telling people or something?”
“No, I am talking about you, aka Mickey.”
I just look up at the sky.