Status: This is from a long time ago, so there will be like a chapter posted per day

Faded Memories

Secret of the Cats

I sit on my bed and grip the book The Blessed Cat and the Cursed Cat. I open the book and read the first page.
The cursed cat and the blessed cat are both born with an attraction to each other. They are not the only compatible people though; they can have true love with someone else too. If the cats live their whole life without meeting then they will only know love with the other person. But, if the cats meet each other and the other love of their life at the same time then they will only fall for each other. They will not think twice about the other, although the other will fall for them.
“Yuki,” I whisper. “I was meant to be with Yuki but I met Kyo at the same time…” I flip the page.
Both the blessed cat and the cursed cat must wear a token, or something to keep them human. It can range from a bracelet to a necklace. If the cursed cat removes their token then they will change to a grotesque creature. If the blessed cat removes their token then they will change to their white cat form forever.
“That’s why Akito wanted me to remove my token…” I begin putting the pieces together. I turn the page.
There is a way to remove the cursed cat and the blessed cat curse. The two cats must vow love for each other. On their wedding day they must remove each other’s token at the same time. If they don’t remove it at the same time then they will change. If they don’t truly love each other they will change. So, most do not consider this because of the risk.
“Kyo and I could be normal humans…” The thought of not being a cat makes me feel empty. I don’t want to be a normal human. I won’t tell anyone about this.
I turn through the pages and read things that I already knew. When I make it to the last page there are two charts. One chart is titled “Blessed Cat Love Scale” and the other is the “Cursed Cat Love Scale”. I read through the one for me until I find what I’m looking for.
The Blessed Cat has a 90% chance of falling in love with someone cursed with the rat zodiac.
I read through the chart for Kyo.
The Cursed Cat has a 93% chance of falling in love with a human.
“That girl,” I whisper. “The girl that would have been found by Yuki and Shigure if I hadn’t came, if I hadn’t made them dinner. They would have found her. She was meant to be his true love. What was her name…Tohru…?” I put all the pieces together slowly.
“What are you doing?” Kyo sits down beside me and I shove the book under the mattress.
“I’m not doing anything. Why’d you ask?”
“Ruki, I saw the book, I saw you hide it too. What’s it about?”
“Nothing, I just got scared when you sat down. I didn’t hear you come in.”
Kyo wraps his arms around me. “Don’t worry. I won’t keep asking about it. If you don’t want me to know then I won’t.”
I feel guilty hiding the book from Kyo because it is his curse too. “Thanks for understanding, I love you.”
Kyo kisses me on my forehead, but I don’t feel it where I have a bandage there. “I love you too.”