Status: Half Progressive

Instinct Assassins

Coping

Weak, in agonising pain, Rodriguez had no idea what had happened to him. His body was pretty much dead, his muscles ached and his bones felt like they had been crunched. Miss Arrows had saved his leg, but Rodriguez’s mind was unhealable. She tried, her words trying to heal him, but he ignored her, his mind blank and soulless. Nothing would pull him out of it. Vidic didn’t call anymore tests on him, it would be pointless unless his mind was active. They monitored him closely, but he didn’t give them any hope. He wished he could leave, return to his family, whether they were still alive or not. Suva, Miguel nor Melena had seen him since he was damaged, so, he fell asleep, in a somewhat timeless sleep, which helped him heal.
Days had passed since the attack, and Rodriguez was becoming very edgy. Getting hot, he’d be up and pacing, sometimes fainting, in which the guards would have to call on assistance. He was getting sick, something that would prove fatal if untreated. Doctors did what they could but denied their help, they all said the same things, and Rodriguez was a goner. Vidic tried everything, but knew this was something that couldn’t be entirely healed with medicine. He called on a work assistant to help. She was wary of Rodriguez at first, the rumours that had spread about him doing anything to flee Abstergo.
He first met Lucy then, while she was trying to help. She would constantly help him, sometimes telling him stories that parents would have told their children. Every day, Rodriguez grew stronger and healthier, but he would always regard her as an enemy. She would constantly reassure him but he was stubborn.
“Rodriguez, you can trust me,” she would constantly remind him.
“That’s what everyone else says, I know I can’t. They are a bunch of filthy humans,” he spat, his voice in a snarl.
Every day, she’d come and he’d trust the slightest bit more but when she stopped coming, he knew his mistake.

Two years passed and Rodriguez was now fourteen, older, wiser and more stubborn. He’d grown to know how to toy with the guards and beat them down until reinforcements had to be called. Vidic admired his process but he was more concerned with other things. Some things hadn’t changed, but Melena had only seen him during those two years. Miguel had apparently been killed, or so she told him. Suva was long gone, but he wondered why. He practised fighting with her, everyday managing to topple her and wrestle until he pinned her, but it wasn’t easy. She had aged, but wasn’t going to give up because of it.
“Come on, Rodriguez! That all you got?” she would bark, bounding over him, tossing him aside.
“You only wish that was it,” he said, rolling playfully and swiping at her ear.
His body had adapted to his animal’s strength and speed, making him a formidable opponent. Knowing something was happening to him, he usually kept it to himself. Unlike his first time, Rodriguez knew his heritage and why he was different. Miguel had told him of the amazing adventures about his family, while Melena told him about who he was supposed to be a prince but his family was cast out and had to flee away from a society of people known as Templars. She had warned him to not trust those who could not prove themselves to someone like him, an Instinct Assassin.
Instinct Assassins had special abilities to adapt to animals instincts and use them against their enemies. Miguel had the abilities of a lion, which made him quite an opponent, back in his days. Melena was a powerful snow leopard; her white coat was a deadly stealth force during a war. Suva was said to have the abilities of a wild dog, which was something closer to his. Despite this, he still didn’t understand why he could do something his ancestors couldn’t. Melena said it had to do something called gene-jumping, where genetics that were once dormant become active in a later descendant.
♠ ♠ ♠
A little more info on Instincts, and a number of time skips. Yeah, if anyone wants to read more detailed stuff, comment, subscribe?