Status: Half Progressive

Instinct Assassins

Escape!

“You know what to do, right Rodriguez?”

“Yeah, I know what to do”

Waiting patiently, sitting by the door, Rodriguez anticipated something great. His body surged with excitement and he was almost about to jump out of his skin. The sign was to wait until a siren blared. He’d knock out the guards by his doors and quickly dispatch the ones outside that. It wouldn’t be too hard; it would be something less then child’s play.

Spreading his hands widely, he braced himself and a loud and deafening siren wailed. His opened his eyes and crashed through the glass, its shattering shards surprising the guards. He jumped on them and bladed the two through the throat. Blood gushed violently, pooling their bodies in red. Hearing the voices try and cry out, it was swallowed up by blood. He moved towards the door to hear pacing footsteps. And the one of the guards yelled out.

“Hey, you there, Stop!” he barked and Rodriguez quickly turned and charged through the door, pushing the guards onto the opposing wall.

Shaking himself vigorously, he turned to see Lucy, who seemed stunned and thankful. Behind her was a young male, who clearly was unaware of what was going on.

“Nice to see you still have that amazing strength Rodriguez,” she said running past him.

“Huh? What’s that supposed to mean?” he growled back, following them both, constantly looking behind.

He was wary of who was following Lucy, as he seemed to constantly ask her questions. He was becoming quite pestered and calmly killed it from his mind when more guards appeared up ahead. Swiftly moving to Lucy’s side, he whispered something quietly in her ear and she nodded without delay. Smiling, Rodriguez dashed forward and leapt into the air, landing on the ground in his Instinct form. His fur glistened and barked loudly, stunning the guards slightly. He darted forward and took them down from behind, his jaws latching tightly onto their necks and he ripped their skin on impact as he pulled up.

“Take it easy Rodriguez!” Lucy yelled, passing him and managed to escape the view of more security guards.

Laughing to himself, he raced after them, feeling the wind whip in his fur. As they came towards the elevator, he heard a guard shout. Stopping suddenly, he turned and saw a guard running towards them, his radio in his left hand. His ears dropped and he looked to Lucy slightly. The door’s code wasn’t working so he transformed back and rushed the guard, hearing his breath escape him. Delivering a strong punch to his stomach, he then swiftly kicked his flank and he flew back into the glass walls.

Hearing Lucy call him, he spun around and skidded into the elevator, crashing into its side. His head spun slightly, trying to recollect his thoughts. Looking up, he smiled to Lucy, who didn’t seem too impressed at the moment.
“Rodriguez, stay out of sight here,” she warned, as the elevator stopped.
Nodding, he sprinted out of sight, hiding behind a car. Waiting, he saw Desmond’s fighting skills and admired his courage. But, he couldn’t watch for any longer when he lurched out and grabbed a guard by the legs, flipping him to the ground and a crunching sound echoing in the car park. Panting, he followed Lucy to her car.
“Rodriguez, you’re in the back, sorry Desmond,” she said, opening the boot and Rodriguez held back a smile.

Lying in the back, his mind blank and tired thought of nothing trailing in the back of his head He was free, free from tests, free from Abstergo and free from the Templars. He could barely hear Lucy, her voice muttering about something that didn’t concern him until something struck him and he jolted upwards.

“Hey Lucy, do you know anything about Instinct Assassins?” he asked, hoping she would answer.

Lucy thought for a moment and sighed. Rodriguez tilted his head, not sure that was a sigh of knowing or not.

“I’ve heard of them, but I don’t know a lot about them. Rumours among the Modern Assassins say that they were once allies, but certain events forced them to disappear. Not all of them were forced out, I think I knew someone who had links with a family in the country, but they were attacked. Why do you ask Rodriguez?” she explained, her voice concerned.

“Oh, don't worry, there's no reason. It's just Vidic always called me an Instinct while he tested on me. It was a concern until I had these dreams, about my ancestors, they told me things I don’t think were believable,” he said, wondering softly to himself.

Lucy stayed silent for the remainder of the trip. He was worried he had said something but, she continued to mutter to herself. Stretching himself, he continued to contemplate, his mind wondering widely. But he was stopped when Lucy stopped the car, throwing him forward. Clutching his head, he looked up and the door opened. Getting out, he looked around in wonder. This looked nothing like Abstergo, but it had a nice familiar feeling to it.

“Desmond, you okay?” Lucy asked, walking away.

“Yeah, I’m fine. What about the other guy?” he asked, turning to Rodriguez, who was looking around in awe.

“He’s being normal, just leave him to stare at the warehouse,” she said, asking Desmond forward.

She was right; Rodriguez had checked almost every corner of the warehouse. He was amazed about how comfortable he was here; it was certainly very free feeling. Walking up the ramp, he heard more voices and immediately felt a little insecure. Slowly walking inside to a room, he saw two more people, who saw him and were a little stumped.

“Lucy, who’s this, I don’t remember you telling us you’d bring someone else,” said the female, who seemed curious about him.

“This is Rodriguez; he’s an Instinct subject, which I didn’t know about until recently.”

“No way, an Instinct Assassin, I haven’t heard or seen one of them in years! How did Abstergo get their hands on him?”

Rodriguez looked at them in wonder and then felt a wave of grief sweep over him. Swaying slightly, he felt compelled to tell them.

“They killed my family, murdered them in front of my eyes when I was three,” he said, sorrow deeply hidden in his voice.

Looking concerned, Lucy guided him into another room and told him to rest if he could. He could barely hear her voice but it was clear enough to know what she was saying.

“Listen Shaun, Rebecca and Desmond, I might not know a lot about Rodriguez, but his childhood isn’t the greatest. Vidic had said he was a very troublesome subject, known to try and escape. Excess force had to be used against him, which put him in solitude until Desmond arrived. I encountered him during the very few sessions where he’d become fatally sick, but he recovered amazingly. Take it easy on him, he’s still learning.”

After hearing Lucy, Rodriguez couldn’t help but fall asleep. He expected to see his ancestors, but something else happened, that he hadn’t expected.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow, they get longer don't they? Comment and tell me what you like about it~