Status: COMPLETED

Adopted by the Cullen's? Sweet!

Tinker Bell

That day, school went on forever! Everywhere I went, I would hear, "Oh my God, Dylan. How are you?" "Dylan, how you feeling?" "Dylan! I heard you died?!" I'm serious. That one really happened. The creepiest one was when Jason, remember him? Well, yeah, he cornered me in the middle of the hallway right when I was about to meet up with my family.

"Dylan, glad to see you're feeling better," he said with one arm in front of me, braced against the wall, and the other hanging at his side. "For a while there, I thought you were changed," he said smoothly, his lips next to my ear.

"I don't think my family has any plans on changing me," I hissed at him.

"Aww, poor baby Dylan. Cursed to grow older, while her family stays young forever," he said, and walked away laughing. I leaned against the lockers, and realized....he was right. I am going to grow older. What am I gonna tell my husband? My kids? They're going to see them as the exact same age for the rest of their lives. As I contemplated all of this, my feet dragged me to the cafeteria and towards our table. I sat down in a daze, and just looked at my lap. A strong hand on my shoulder, made me jump and look up. I smiled brightly.

"Hiya Emmett," I chirped.

"Are you alright midget? You looked out of it," he said. I narrowed my hazel eyes at him.

"I am not small! You're just to damn large!" I huffed, and crossed my small arms across my chest, and pouted. Emmett broke out in laughter, causing half of the cafeteria to look over at us.

"Are you pouting?!" He asked threw his hysterical laughter. I turned my head away from him, and used my hair to cover my face.

"No...." I said, which made the entire table laugh, then, I noticed Edward tense up and glare at me.

"You weren't going to tell us this why?" He hissed at me. I flinched back slightly.

"I didn't think it was that important," I said softly.

"He cornered you Dylan. That seems pretty damn important," he said harshly. I nodded, and bowed my head.

"What are you two talking about?" Alice asked, not liking being out of the loop.

"Jason cornered her in the hallway a few minutes ago," Edward said. Emmett growled next to me.

"That bastard. Where is he?" He asked, starting to stand up.

"Emmett," I said softly, and grabbed his arm. He looked down at me with anger flashing dangerously in his eyes. He sighed, and sat down.

"I'm gonna kill 'em," Emmett said.

"Stand in line," Jasper said. I sighed.

"He didn't hurt me," I said. "All he did was say that he thought the reason I was gone is because you guys changed me," I whispered. Their eyed widened, besides Edward who already saw all this in my head.

"He thought we changed you?" Rosalie asked. I nodded.

"Dylan..." Edward started to say, but I stopped him.

"I know Edward. You guys have no plans on changing me. I get it," I said, and smiled.

"Carlisle would never allow for you to go threw that kind of pain," Emmett said softly.

"And I'm ok with that. Now, let's go. We're about to be late," I said, looking at the empty lunch tables. We started standing up, when Alice gasped, and her eyes and face went blank. Edward and Alice both gasped simultaneously, and moved their golden eyes to stare at me. "What? What did I do?" I asked.

"It's not you that's causing it. It's you were worried about," Edward said slowly.

"Huh?" I asked stupidly.

"There are three vampires heading for this area. They just entered Washington," Alice breathed.

"They kill humans, don't they?" I questioned. Alice nodded gravely. I gulped, and inhaled sharply. Emmett wrapped his ginormous arm around my small shoulders, and squeezed lightly.

"There's only three, and there's seven of us," he said, which eased my worrying slightly. Then the bell rang. "Come on Tinker bell," Emmett said. I rolled my eyes.

"That's a new one," I mumbled. Everyone laughed as we made our way to our classes.