Status: COMPLETED

Adopted by the Cullen's? Sweet!

Baseball

It's been a couple months, and stuff has happened. Jason has left me alone, thank God, Bella and Edward are now "dating," and Rosalie hates her guts! Yeah, a lot. Well, anyway, I was sitting in my room, reading a book, waiting for Edward to bring Bella over. I was really into this damn book, and a knock interruptedme. I sighed in annoyance, and opened up my door. "What?" I asked, glaring at Edward, then looked over at his side, and saw Bella. "Hey Bella," I said, and smiled. She smiled back.

"There's going to be a thunderstorm later," Edward said, grinning. I grinned back.

"Baseball?" I questioned. He nodded. "Woot!" I exclaimed happily, and jumped up and down. Bella and Edward laughed at me. I stepped out of my room, and closed the door behind me. We started walking down the hallway, with me slightly behind. "Where's my teddy?" I asked, then screeched when cold arms wrapped around me, and threw me on their shoulder. "There's my teddy!" I said, and hugged Emmett around his neck. He laughed, and threw me up in the air, then caught me, putting me back on my feet.

"There you go, Little one," he said. I sighed angrily.

"I'm not little!" I said, throwing my hands up in the air in an exaggerated movement.

"Actually, Dyls. You're pretty little," Edward said.

"Who's side are you on?" I asked. He shrugged.

"Whoever's winning at the time," he said, grabbed Bella's hand, and led her down stairs. I heard the door open and shut, then his Volvo start up and drive away. I glared at the spot he was standing, and pouted again.

"Are you pouting again?" Emmett asked.

"Yes," I huffed. He laughed, and hugged me. I hugged him back. "Thank you for being the best big brother, Emmett," I said, holding on to him tighter. He knelt down on his knee, wrapped his arms tighter around me, and picked me up, still holding me tightly.

"No problem, Dylan," he whispered. He sat me back down, and we smiled at each other.

The place where they played baseball was amazingly beautiful. The Cullen's playing baseball is hilarious, but they were actually on good behaviors today. Usually, they were yelling at each other, and fighting. Alice was about to pitch, when her eyes went blank, and she looked out towards the field. Her and Edward met eyes, and Edward was over here in a flash. He was standing in front of Bella and I protectively. Everyone else ran over, and began talking. I kinda tuned it out until I felt a hand pull me behind them. I looked up to see Carlisle. Emmett moved next to him, so he was also slightly in front of me. Everyone but Bella and I turned their heads, facing the trees. They obviously heard something that was to far away for Bella and I to hear. Three people stepped out. The leader African American, with dreads, and no shirt but an old jacket that looked like it was worn back in the Victorian times. The other male, had blond hair that was pulled back into a low ponytail, and the last one was a woman with fieryred hair hanging down her back, with leaves and twigs stuck in it. The one thing I definitelynoticed about them was their blood red eyes, that seemed to shine brightly.

"Hello. My name is Laurent," the leader said. "This is James," the blond male. "And Victoria," he finished, pointing to the red head with shifty eyes.

"Hello. My name is Carlisle. This is my family, Rosalie and Emmett, Esme and Dylan, Alice and Jasper, and Edward and Bella," he said. I turned my head slightly to see Bella looking shocked that Carlisle said her name.

"Would you mind having a few extra players?" Laurent asked.

"Sure. A few of us are going to be leaving anyway," he said, motioning for Edward to get Bella and I out of there. We started to walk away when the wind blew, scattering pieces of my hair across my face. I heard a growl.

"You brought snacks," James exclaimed, crouching forward. Everyone crouched in front of Bella and I, and for the first time, I heard a snarl rip from Carlisle's and Esme's chests.

"They're with us," he growled slightly. The other two crouched down beside James.

"I said they're with us," Carlisle said louder and more dangerously.

"But they're human," Laurent stated honestly confused and curiously.

"Yes," Emmett growled. I looked over and saw Rosalie and Victoria scrutinizing each other, having a silent war with their eyes, just like Edward and James. Laurent stood up from his crouched position.

"We will leave now. I'm very sorry," he said. James looked up at him with wide, hungry eyes. Laurent locked eyes with him, and walked silently away. James and Victoria got up, following him, but not without looking at Bella and I and smirking. When they were out of sight, Emmett picked me up, and put in the back of his jeep, buckling me in, Edward doing the same for Bella. Emmett climbed in next to me, while Edward jumped in the driver's seat, while Alice sat in the passenger's. Emmett grabbed my hand, while I sat in silence. Alice and Edward were arguing, when I broke out of my daze.

"He's a tracker Alice! He wants Dylan and Bella," Edward growled.

"Wait!" Bella said. "I have an idea."